“unreasonable additional charge”

Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration
Ranked #37 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 29 August 2010

when i booked the hotel , the hotel representative said it is Free parking and free internet , I made bouble check when I check in , but when I checked out they told me about I have to pay for my internet fee , parking fee also they charge me the shuttle fee which I never took their shuttle to the desney!!!! and they told me I have to pay for the refrigerator in my room which I never open it!!!!!!!!!! they charged me additional $250 for 8 night!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank anthony00
Write a ReviewReviews (4,117)

Reviewed 27 August 2010

The pictures on the hotel's website make it look a lot nicer that it actually is. The sleep number beds that were advertised were not comfortable at all and the sheets didn't stay on because they were too small. The size of our room was quite small for three adults. The cleanliness of the hallways and rooms were not up to our standards. We were told we'd have to use our key card to get into the rear entrance of the hotel each night, but the doors were never locked which didn't make us feel real safe. The location of the hotel was very good; near restaurants, shopping and the parks. Overall, for what we paid, it wasn't a bad value. We were just expecting what they were advertising.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2010

A great location, nice from the outside, our room was fine. Hallway and lifts need a tidy up.
Shuttle buses worked well and there is the little town of celebration 2 minutes away which has a great cheap diner for breakfast. Went there most days. Five minutes down the road is TGI Fridays.
Staff were friendly
I reported a broken safe when I arrived - 2 weeks later it was still broken!
Room cleaning was good.
Never ate in hotel
Pool was nice, no problems there.
Would not stay at hotel again. Want a 4 star next time that is a 4 star.
Free wi-fi in room.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2010

We checked in on 18\8\2010 and within one hour had checked out.The corridor to the room was very tatty and not what we expected for this standard of hotel. However once inside the room the dreadful musty smell was very overpowering and the bathroom smelt strongly of urine.the bedroom furnitureand fittings were dirty ,outdated,it resembled an old motel not hotel.The receptionist however was extremely helpful and understanding when we complained,she immediately found us another room.Although the smell was not as pungent itwas still evident and furniture and fittings dirty and shabby.At this point we decided to leave.In future will read trip advisor more thoroughly before booking.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2010

A woman, who was obviously impared was in the hotel pool, she groped several children, the hotel staff was notified, and the staff tried to gently coax this woman out of the pool for 45 minutes, the staff was laughing and joking about the situation. My 13 year old daughter was trying to exit the pool when this woman grabbed her breast, her face, and slammed her underwater attempting to drown her. Finally hotel guest grabbed the woman and carried her out of the pool and restrained her until an ambulance arrived. The hotel staff was willing ZERO responsibility for what happened to my daughter. They are willing to pay to co-pay on our medical insurance for her treatment and nothing more. The local police would not take a report unless we are willing to fly back to Orlando to prosecute. This hotel which caters to families had NO IDEA how to handle the situation and therfore put my daughter at risk. They did not even offer so much as a free nights stay for the headache. At this point my daughter is having nightmares about the attack, has a sore neck, and the damn hotel won't even return my phone calls. I would not let my dog stay at this hotel.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank rrkky
celebration2, General Manager at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2010

As the General Manager of the Radisson Resort Orlando Celebration I will respond directly to the comments made regarding the deranged guest swimming in the pool. When our Security personnel were notified that there was a situation at the pool they responded immediately. At the pool were our Sr. Loss Prevention Manager, a Security Officer, the Director of Facility Services and myself the General Manager. We observed at that time that the woman appeared severely distressed, incoherent and unable to respond to any questions I directed towards her. As she continued to "splash" and "play" around the pool we did notice that she was disturbing other guests in the water. The staff and management were not laughing at the situation as we took this very seriously. There were in fact 100+ other people in the pool at that time of which many did appear to think that the incident taking place was quite amusing.

A hotel guest in the water did in fact bring the woman to the side of the pool at which time our Sr. Loss Prevention Manager took her out of the water. It was not a guest that restrained the woman in question. I as the General Manager was the one who in fact restrained her until the Paramedics arrived and took her to the local hospital. The act of restraining was to prevent her from harming herself or any of the other registered guests at our resort.

As the General Manager I felt that my team and I responded quickly and appropriately given the facts at the time of the incident. The woman posting these comments and her husband requested to meet with the General Manager the next morning at 9:45 am. I did in fact meet with them for approximately 80 minutes. It was during this meeting that all of the events that took place the prior evening were discussed and dealt with appropriately.

Due to the nature of the complaint this matter was turned over to our Insurance Carrier.

Reviewed 31 July 2010

Really friendly staff on arrival, nothing was too much trouble. Room was clean but there were bits and pieces that needed redecorating. Maid service was brilliant, couldn't complain even on days when we slept in the maid ensured the room was tidied before we arrived back late at night.
Food in hotel was good but expensive but with a fridge in the room you could stock up at the local Walmarts.
Felt very safe at night with security entry and often families arriving back from the parks met around the pools for the kids to have a late night swim, very sociable and nice way to end an evening.
Pool area needed some tiding up with new slabe veing laid etc but landscaping was brilliant. Would stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2010

The best bit of this hotel was its location - we were very close to all the major theme parks and there was a complimentary shuttle run by the hotel (first-come, first-served basis, but this was never a problem) to and from the parks - once a day for Universal, SeaWorld and Downtown Disney and a few to Magic Kingdom Transport Centre.

The rooms were a bit dark (but this could have just been ours) but the king bed we had was good and it was SleepNumber so you could adjust the firmness on each side independently. There was plenty of space and they were cleaned daily. Television channels were limited, but there were a few good pay-per-view movies. Room service was very good.

The restaurant in the hotel now only serves breakfast, not dinner as advertised, and the breakfasts were extortionately expensive - I would recommend going elsewhere. There seemed to be quite a selection at the deli in the hotel, however, which also serves Pizza Hut and multiple grilled items at lunch. The Gift Shop was good.

The receptionists were good, but the staff at the Customer Service desk repeatedly kept trying to get us to timeshare seminars for 'cheaper theme park tickets' - beware of this as frequently these will take a full day out of your holiday.

Parking was good and plentiful (and free). Grounds of the hotel were nice and well-maintained.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank katiecakes20
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
1 mi away
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites (Old AX # 10038826)
Park Inn by Radisson Resort & Conference Center Orlando
Comfort Suites Maingate East
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Kissimmee/Celebration

Been to Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration? Share your experiences!