“Awesome "Mom-cation"”

Ranked #40 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Jacksonville, Florida
“Awesome "Mom-cation"”
Reviewed 29 June 2011

My family asked me where I'd like to spend my birthday/mother's day celebration and I could thlink of no other place but at the Holiday Inn Main Gate East in Kissimmee. This is, in my opinion a home away from home.
The hotel management and staff go above and beyond making you feel right at home. They are very professional and very polite. The rooms as well as the entire hotel facility is very clean, kid safe and secure.
They have an Olympic size "heated" pool, hot tub and kiddie pool. Telephone responses and requests are answered in minimal time.
A mini amusement park, sit-down and fast food restaurants as well as gift shops are in walking distance. There is an arcade and min i television theater as well as exercise gym, gift shop, restaurant and conference rooms within the building. The rates are really reasonable and the staff will follow-up with whatever your needs may be.
As a famly hotel, I give this place aces across the board. I am a real customer and not being paid to say these things. I'm a guest there at least twice a year and can't think of any other place that has something for each of my family to enjoy.
JOB WELL DONE MAIN GATE!!!
Thank you!

Room Tip: Great kid suites!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank JCaravello7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
port charlotte, fl
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Was scared when 1st drove up looked old from outside. but Inside was new and clean .staff was very friendly. my room was very clean and new looking. Great price when I booked it at AAA auto club south. when in port charlotte office got a better price then doing it myself. near everything right a cross the street from old town.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2011

Stayed for two nights, room had ants which were not dealt with, no bedding provided for extra bed, restaurant was shocking, worst I have ever seen, and that's saying some !
If I hadn't taken cases up 8 floors we would never of stayed a second night, the pool area was dirty with broken chairs and dirty around pool.
When we complained the managervwas not interested and could not be bothered to speak to us ( Frank)
Thank you Lydia for trying to sort our troubles and Annette and Danielle for being kind but
In short do not go here they really do not care.
In short do not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011
4 Thank Joclaw

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 25 June 2011

Okay, so i have this uninvited guest in the form of what looks like a bed bug walking across the 2nd bed i wasnt using. I killed it and got worried so i pulled off sheets, lifted mattresses and didnt see any more so i thought it was ok and an isolated incident. Hoping it wasnt bed bugs. Next morning i am finding more in the kitchen area (i had a suite). I let management know and went about going to work and asked them to inspect. When i get back there is a note in my door that i need to change rooms and to come to the front desk. They give me keys, no explanation of what kind of bugs, no apology for any inconvenience, and not even an offer of a free bottle of water for the trouble. Bugs in my room and all i get is you have to switch rooms. My bag and clothes are currently being treated in plastic bags in my garage, at my expense, because i have no idea what kind of bugs they were...i suspect it wasnt good news or they would have told me i had nothing to worry about. Can you believe i got no apology, nor any offer of good will? I wont be back...this is a crap hotel but in a convenient spot. Ps...free wifi but useless. Slowest worst wifi service i have ever had and it was intolerable to try using it. And i was there on business and needed to work.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank Instlouie
Yorkshire
Reviewed 24 June 2011

Me and my partner visited this hotel on 7 June 2011 for 2 weeks and were pleasantly surprised. We were a little apprehensive since this was the second cheapest hotel we could book and afford at the time. It turned out to be a spacious, clean and welcoming hotel, a stone throw away from Old Town which is literally across the road (the old car cruise on a sautrday is great) It was also located in walking distance from a variety of restaurants. we flew with Virgin, our resort fee and florida state tax fee were waivered which was a lovely surprise since this usually catches you out! There was a free of charge safe in the room, hair dryer, iron and ironing board as well as a mini kitchen and full size refrigerator. The rooms were cleaned every day - and if we woke up late and missed the cleaners, they would check later and clean the room later on in the day. The pool was clean and so was the jaccuzzi. There is a pizza hut inside the hotel , and they also offer a breakfast, but with IHOP, Dennys and a load more resutarants down the road it isnt really worth having it in the hotel for the price of quality. Although we didnt use the free shuttle service to the Disney parks I did enquire and they had two departure times 0810 and 1000 and two pick up times 1800 and 2200 for Epcot and Magic Kingdom. Overall we had a pleasant stay and when you are spending most of your days walking around the theme parks this hotel is more than enough for a comfortable base to come back to.

Room Tip: Left side of hotel poor balcony view
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KandTYorkshire
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 23 June 2011

We stayed here in April 2011 on a family trip to Disneyworld. The kids suite room was exactly what we needed. It is not very spacious, but it does allow for some separation between the kids sleeping area and the adults. No need to worry about having to turn your own lights off as soon as the kids are asleep. The one thing I would not recommend is dining here. Our first night there after a long plane ride we encountered a somewhat rude restaurant manager who informed us they were too full and busy (NOT) to serve us. We thought he acted this way since it was 15 minutes before closing, however every other attempt to eat there resulted in a very long wai even though there was hardly anyone in the restaurant. We certainly did not take advantage of the Kids meal deal while we were there- it just was not worth the hassle. The pool was nice and front desk was polite, but the restaurant left a bad taste.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Brownfam41
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 10 June 2011

We had a great experience from the moment we arrived. The staff at front desk (Melissa) exceeded our expectations and went above and beyond to make us comfortable. We upgraded to a kids suite and my son loved it! The room was clean, bathroom is very small though. We used the game room and ate breakfast there. Location was great, close to M. K and across from Old Town and near lots of things. We will stay there again.

Room Tip: Kids suites are great if you have kids
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family