“Holiday Inn MGE just gets better!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
Ranked #37 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Jacksonville, Florida
“Holiday Inn MGE just gets better!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

Our visit to the Holiday Inn MGE in July 2012 was very relaxing as well as enjoyable. My family and I were there for 3 days and we could not think of a better hotel/resort to stay at. Upon our arrival, we are greeted by the hotel manager, Mr. Paul Alexander and desk attendants, Melissa and Anastasia who are the most pleasant and professional ladies. They welcomed us with a smile and provided the most courteous of professionalism. The hotel guest service representative, Sylvia was awesome as well. Not only did she provide us with a very fair rate, she asked if I had any questions about the hotel as well as asked for my email address in order to forward the confirmed reservations.
As my family enjoyed the hotel’s facilities, (ie, pool, hot tub and arcade), I was able to relax in the hotel room. The MGE family suites are very clean and well air-conditioned. Our special needs for room service, additional towels or toiletries were met within minutes without delay. The hotel is in a very convenient location and in walking distance near a large array of restaurants, fast food restaurants, shopping and is right next door to a McDonald’s restaurant for the kids. Now that’s a plus! They also have a good variety of places that delivery right to your room; just a phone call away.
I don’t use their banquet/conference room but just passing by to peek in, I recommend their spacious and cleanliness. This hotel has something for everyone. If you’d like to be placed on a less family-oriented floor, just make that request and they’ll do their best to seek a quiet suite for you. Not to mention… Ms. Catherine Ewer, their Director of Marketing visits the hotel on occasion to speak to guests and get their opinions and suggestions. That’s professionalism and teamwork at its best.
I am not in any way, shape or form affiliated with neither Holiday Inn MGE nor its partners. I am a working wife and mother of two children who seek out the best, safe and enjoyable places to stay at a reasonable rate. Aside from a couple of so, so / nitpicky reviews I’ve read about this hotel, take it from me; you’d be a fool not to try this hotel out. This hotel’s management and staff should be commended for a job well done.
In conclusion, I must say that the Holiday Inn Maingate East is by far one of Kissimmee, Florida’s best kept secrets to stay.
Mrs. J. Caravello

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank JCaravello7
RevAsst, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, 17 September 2012
We greatly appreciate the fact the you took time to review our property. We are glad to hear that your recent stay with us was a good one, and that we were able to exceed your expectations. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again for your future visits.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Korean first
Waukesha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

We booked our visit on priceline for $30/night the week after labor day. Overall the property is what you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express. The toilet/shower area in our room was a little tight, not sure if that is how all of the rooms are or jut becuase we were in the 2nd room from end of the hall. The property is located about 10 minutes from any of the Disney parking lots. There is a free shuttle that goes to Disney, but we did not use it as there are only 2 departure times which didn't coincide with our schedule. If you don't mind planning your day around the bus schedule you could save $14 on parking at Disney. There are several restaurants and tourist stores located nearby, nothing special, but pleny to choose from. Overall, a very good property.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Joe0820
We would like to thank you for taking time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us.
We are glad that you were satisfied with your stay and hope that you will choose our propery again for your future visits.
south florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

*** WARNING; DO NOT STAY HERE, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE A PRICELINE OR HOTWIRE CUSTOMER****

Now, Before I start my review, I need you to understand something. I checked in on Saturday Afternoon. I booked my hotel via priceline Saturday at 10am, two hours before my arrival!!! So considering that I booked same day, They should have been happy to fill up their rooms when they otherwise would have been empty, But no, Not this place... they are wonderful at treating their "LOWEST" customers like SCUM. Thanks to them, I will make sure I never use priceline or hotwire for this "area" ever again.
We travel to Orlando 1-2 times monthly, and you will see by my other reviews, we have had both great and awful experiences, this was the latter,

Upon arrival, I requested a room "with as close access to outside as possible" My son has asthma, and sometimes it is necessary to get fresh air, especially in a hotel where it can become stuffy. The rep just smiled, no acknowledgement, which was fine, I assumed it was being worked on. I then had an idea and said "Does this hotel have balconies?" Thinking I could possibly upgrade, and of course pay the fee. His response was that the hotel does not have balconies on site. Okay, Fair enough, I have driven by there 15-20 times in the last 3 months and I did not see them, but thought it was worth the try, as they sometimes tuck them by the pool.
So, He tells me that the "ONLY ROOM THEY HAVE AVAILABLE" is a room with bunk beds- I remind him I need a crib, not bunk bed, as my son is ONE . He says its "all they have available" I ask him if it is going to be available later, since I understand the check in is an hour earlier then we should be. He said no, it is all they had available. I agreed, reluctantly, and he says the crib will be up shortly.
I ask if they have bellhops or carts- I am told no... No problem, I think.. (Read the bottom of this review for lie number 3)
I step outside, I call the hotel, and just ask if they have any rooms available that night, they ask what kind, I tell them King or Queen, They respond, Plenty of them. Well, there was one lie, we were not off to a good start.

Walk on to the 3rd floor- OUCH. instantly you will find it hard to breathe. I guess when I said I needed easy access to fresh air, The guy thought my kid needed the heaviest most suffocating heat in the entire building. How irresponsible of him, obviously he has never known anyone with asthma, but perhaps he would have liked to sit up with him that night until 3am like
I did with his breathing machine giving him synthetic fresh air. You see, because even if we had gone DOWN to get fresh air, it would have been counterproductive when we walked up and were met with that HEAT straight out of the elevator. The reason its hard to breathe??? Oh the laundry room WITHOUT DOORS..... right there. The entire floor is hot the entire time. So do NOT stay on the 3rd floor. - And im told it is the same is on the 5th floor.

I get to our room, the crib is there, but instantly I know something is off...... The mattress seems lopsided and off. I start investiagting.. OHHHH there is a the culprit. Someone put TWO FULL SIZE SHEET ON A BABY CRIB AND TRIED REAL HARD TO TUCK THEM IN AND HIDE IT. BUT THE BULK WAS TOO MUCH FOR A SMART MOM TO MISS SO THERE WE WERE RIPPING LAYERS OF BULKY, DANGEROUS AND LIFE THREATENING SHEETS OFF A CHILD'S CRIB. hey Holiday Inn, DID YOU KNOW SUFFOCATION BY SHEETS IS A REAL RISK, ONLY CRIB APPROVED SHEETS SHOULD EVER BE USED AND YOU ARE PUTTING CHILDREN IN DANGER!!!!!!! This has happened at TWO OUT OF THREE of the holiday Inns we have stayed at, and I must say, I think they wont wake up till they KILL A CHILD! Same response as the last holiday Inn when walking downstairs and asking them. No those sheets are what they have. Off to Walmart I go.. I wonder who I should bill my $13.00 to for my crib sheets I had to buy. ---- Oh it should be noted.... the crib mattress under the layers of dangerous bedding was so torn and tattered, I had to put two fitted sheets on there so It did not cut my son through the sheets.
I went to put away our water and milk in the fridge and alas, warmth, no sign of cold. Frantic about souring milk, I called downstairs. I was told "the switch is next to the door" WHAT ? who ever heard of a switch for a fridge???? I can get behind the whole "go green thing" but it took hours for my fridge to cool down, Spoiling my sons premade milk bottles- Good news is, that night, I was able to buy a whole new half gallon and it was ICE cold... When the technician they called came up to check out the fridge, I told him it wasnt in need of that, that the flip was switched. He got an attitude, told me "next time do not flip the switch down" and flew out the door. Rude, unnecessary and not at all appreciate.
So, aside from all that, there was barely enough room for the three of us to move much less be comfortable in the room with a bunk bed, two chairs, a crib, a king sized bed, a dresser, two TVs, a TV stand etc etc. Oh and Did i mention NOT HAVING CLOSET DOORS.. that's right, A CLOSET, WITHOUT DOORS.. INTERESTING, AND CLEARLY NOT MEANT TO BE THAT WAY.... The door had a permanent crack in it and the whole door was loose, so if you didn't want your door to SHAKE and rattle, you had to keep your dead bolt on at ALL times.
We talked about going to a different hotel, but We just wanted to rest and discussed leaving that night instead to find a different hotel. Honestly, I wouldn't have paid $20.00 for this room- and the NERVE to charge you a 5.99 resort fee is laughable. I have no problem paying resort fees. In fact, being that I visit orlando at least once a month, I have paid upwards of 22.99 a night for resort fees. But those deserved it. This hotel was so dirty and run down in the actual rooms that I would have been happier staying at a Motel 6, at least then I know What Im getting, no secrets, no beautiful lobbys just to be greeted with a literal run down mess.

After resting, we went to leave the hotel and were greeted on the third floor with a wide open elevator. with a large space in it where the elevator shaft was higher then the floor - leaving a wide open gap for little ones or things to fall through. I was instantly aggravated again, realizing that we would be unable to get an elevator because it was seeing this elevator as "available" - So when someone else walked over and said that it had been like this for 20 minutes, I grabbed my son, and my husband and I stormed the three stair flights down to see a manager I was rudely told by someone running up the stairs that they "WERE ON IT" I didn't see, but I suspect he was the same, very rude fellow that showed up during the fridge issue.
Luckily, the best few hours of our trip were spent that afternoon and evening away from our hotel. We called a couple hotels to inquire, but in the end, decided we were only there for a small time, and we would rather just rough it out, then DOUBLE pay (since we were not going to be granted a refund)
THAT NIGHT; I drove around to find a parking space after a day out at the parks; and I find out......we were lied to AGAIN... I guess it shouldn't have been such a surprise, after how unaccommodating they were throughout check in - (more on that in a minute) THERE WERE THE BALCONIES, ALL SET UP NICELY, WITH A TABLE AND A CHAIR... I was speechless, and quite frankly had to cool down before walking in to speak with a manager, but decided it would be best if I wrote corporate instead. I wanted to know the name of my check in guy so I could reference who lied, but was continually denied to know who it was. They were friendly about it, but basically refused. I started to go through my issues a little bit and was flat out TOLD that they offer (AND I QUOTE) " The worst rooms to the Priceline bookings, and Im sorry if that sounds bad, but its the truth" - WOW for real.. That was just said. I can not believe it. It has long been KNOWN and BELIEVED.. but to offer the run down crap rooms... HA. thats funny. Considering how your dirty nasty rooms would have stayed empty if I had not used that company just HOURS before my arrival. What a disgusting company!

There were numerous other things, such as the creepy homeless guy that somehow was sleeping on the bench outside when I walked downstairs a few times. (How did i know he was homeless? ohhh saw him digging through the trash across the street that night at old town- With his shopping cart of goodies) Our Safe was broken, so we opted to use the lock box in our car instead, the room smelled like smoke or must, some sort of nastiness the entire time, the air conditioning, it had a "plastic vent" that made the air go to ONE specific location and never throughout the room. The Beds and pillows were some of the most uncomfortable, so much so that I slept on a bunk bed because it was not as bad as the king size. The wall where the bunk beds and crib were was ALWAYS hot because the wall blocked the wall unit from pumping any air there (THAT IS COMMON SENSE BY THE WAY) So the first hour, I almost froze, and the rest of my sleeping time, which was on the other side of the room, was spent sweating. Such an uncomfortable experience in general.
The elevator that broke on day one? Never worked again... and then on day three, a gentleman with a concierge cart came up the elevator, and we got on at the third floor elevator (not the original broken one) (YUPP, THERE WAS LIE NUMBER 3, THEY HAVE CARTS!!!!) - Well anyway, we stood there, trying to press the buttons to go down. the elevator lights were flashing both down and up, the door would try to close, then not close and open abruptly etc. Finally my husand pushed the door hard open, since we had been doing this for 5 minutes, and it closed. For another 5 minutes we sat on the third floor, while the elevator would not allow us to move, pressing the "call" button, but it seemed nothing was working, and it never called for help. We jumped out, push the doors closed and let that elevator go to a different floor. We then pressed the down button, go in another elevator and ran out of there as fast as we could. It was an awful experience and I don't think anyone could convince me to ever come back. Its a shame, Because I love the Holiday Inn on Lake Buena Vista (Sunspree) and I try to stay there as much as possible. So far, no other Holiday Inn has even lived up to motel standards.
Do yourself a favor. If you do not want to put your child in danger of strangulation or suffocation or falling down an elevator shaft, if you want comfort or peace during your entire trip. DO not stay here. Now i will say this, If we had been able to stand being at the hotel, we would have likely taken advantage of many other amenities they offered. For example, the food court looked awesome, but we wanted to be off site as much as possible, so never ate there. The pool, the spa, all look great, but once again, never wanted to be there long enough to "enjoy" Silly people do not understand that people who stay at a hotel will spend more money THERE if they are happy there. When I approached the manager and he avoided telling me who the check in rep was, he said I sounded like I knew the hospitality industry well, and asked if I worked for a hotel. I told him no, but told him I stay each and every month in hotels and also One of my Dad's closest friends who I have known since BIrth owns an international hotel chain and that may be why he thought i "knew" so much. He asked why I did not stay with them, (which i found rude by the way) and I stated that I do not take advantage of people and would much rather pay for what I want.
I wish I could stress this enough... If you are booking through anyone but the hotel, and getting a "good rate" then dont read the good reviews. these will NOT be where you stay. You will stay in the nasty rooms! Read the negative reviews, these are most likely the ones you need to read. The "good reviews" are the ones that paid 125.00/night for a room, and believe me, even for the better rooms, those are NOT a good deal. STAY AWAY. stay somewhere else. There are many many more hotels in the area to stay. Or do yourself a favor. Go over to LBV and stay at sheraton safari, sheraton LBV, Holiday inn sunspree, wyndam etc

Room Tip: pay 125/night and maybe it will be better... or pay that and stay on LBV right next to downtown disn...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank vmr24
RevDirector, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
We would like to sincerely apologize that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. However, we can assure you that no matter how you book your stay with us whether it is directly booked with the hotel or through a third party our priority is to provide great guest service and the Holiday Inn brand standard quality that you would expect to all of our guests. Unfortunately we did not live up to your expectations and we would like you to know that we have a variety of rooms to accommodate all of our guests from families to business travelers and that most of our rooms do have balconies. We will always go above and beyond to accommodate any special requests that our guests may have. Again we apologize if this information wasn’t properly relayed to you. Please be assured that your feedback is important to us and that it has been reviewed. We will use your feedback to make any changes necessary to improve the guest experience with us. We hope that in the future you reconsider giving us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

Spent the weekend at this hotel and really enjoyed it. The rooms were clean. The pool area was fun. Very close to the attractions, shopping, and restaurants. Family friendly. Free WIFI, had a small frig in the room and a decent size balcony.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stephen Z, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
We thank your for providing your feedback on our hotel. We are glad that you chose to stay with us and that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return visits.
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

this is my original letter to Holiday in regarding our stay and their repsonse was slow and insluting

When we got up to our room the following list of BASIC things need to be corrected.

1.No Coffee Maker (Half the supplied were there)
2.Fridge was luke warm and never reached temp
3.A/C Did not work
4.No Electrical plugs available for charging personal electronic items ( these day this is a MUST)
5.No Ice Bucket
6.Safe was Broken
7.Not enough towels for 4 guests
8.No Battery in remote for TV
9.No Luggage rack in hotel room

After about a half hour of trying to get all of the above straighten out, it was best that we get moved to a new room. This room was luckily right next door. HOWEVER the following list are again basic things that needed to be addressed.

1.Safe was broken ( and need to be fixed 1 more time during our stay)
2.AGAIN no Battery for the TV Remote
3.Garbage under the bottom buck bed from previous guest ( Jell-O cups , spoon and dirty old toy)

We ended up staying in this room for our vacation and only because it was pre-payed and I had to leave notes at the front desk and in the room for the cleaning staff to PLEASE….
1.Do not turn off the A/C every day as it takes too long to cool the room when each day was VERY VERY hot.
2.And PLEASE Leave us enough towels for 4 people.

Why did I need to even ask for these obvious things?

Room Tip: I Have no Tips unless you want to constanlty leave notes for Room servce to leave towels and the A/C...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jim L
We would like to apologize that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We do offer all standard amenities to our guests. We have reviewed your feedback and will use it to improve the quality and service that we provide to all our guests. We hope that in the future you reconsider giving us another chance to meet and exceed your expectations.
Stansbury Park, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

This was our 3rd stay at the Holiday Inn Main Gate East. We have Disney World annual passes and visit WDW 6-7 times per year on the weekends. We really enjoy this hotel's location, right on Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway in the heart of a few other hotels and a ton of restaurants (McDonald's is right next door). The hotel is a quick 5 minute drive to any of the WDW resorts.

The front-desk staff have always been friendly and have upgraded me each time, at my request, to a kids suite (1 double bed, bunk beds, 2 TV's, fridge) which my kids absolutely love; and the upgrades have been complimentary at no additional cost to me!

There is a food court with a Pizza Hut and other quick-service food along with a restaurant that provides buffet style meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We have not used any of the food court or restaurant services.

There is a swimming pool on property, but again, we have not used it. Since most of our trips when using this property have been weekend trips to WDW, we simply have not had time to check out the pool.

There is a $5.99 + tax per night resort fee; amenities include free parking and free wireless internet.

All three times we have stayed at this property were by winning bids on Priceline.com; typically about 50% below listed rates on Holiday Inn's website. The previous two stays were around $50 per night but this last trip was at $34 per night!

Room Tip: Although not guaranteed to win this hotel, it can be had very reasonably priced from Priceline.com...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank phred84044
brad_boland, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Thank you for your positive review from your stay in 2012. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

We, at the Holiday Inn MainGate East have made many improvements to our hotel to enhance our guest experience since your visit. We hope that you will join us again in the future when your travel plans bring you back to the Magic Kingdom.
Coppell, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

we had a room with a queen bed and a bunk bed that allow some privacy for a very good price $97+tax per night.
our room had view to the old town kissimee and it looks really cool at night, very close from the disney parks as well.
the hotel is very clean and the pool is nice and clean, The breakfast is really good and tasty is not free though you pay $10.00 but 2 kids eat free for every adult wich I think is pretty fair

Room Tip: You can walk to the old town kissimee across the street is a lot of shops and rides. try to get a ro...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Paz H
Thank you for choosing our property. We are glad you took the time to review our hotel. We hope that you choose us again for your future visits.