“family vacation”

Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
Ranked #40 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Thank you for making are stay pleasant. The hotel was great very friendly staff. We enjoyed the pool. The restaurants were fantastic. Excellent quiet place to stay. Thank You. Please consider not turning the AC down to 60 it made the room very cold. We would rather have had it around 68. It was nice to be close to Disney and still come back to the hotel and relax.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel! We are thrilled to hear that you had such a fantastic stay during your family vacation. I am glad that you found time to enjoy the restaurant and relax at the pool after a long day at Disney World. Sorry that your room got a bit chilly! We truly appreciate your business. Please come visit us again soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

I Am I Hotel operator myself. And I will back this Hotel 100%. All the staff are top notch the do a great job in making sure your room and Stay are great. Even though it is a Large Property it is well maintained and clean. rates are good and the restaurant, is priced very well. Even the young man in the Gift Shop was Helpful. I myself say "Well worth the Time and $$. Don't forget the Bellman they know the area and will go out of way to help you ..

Room Tip: Ask for the Kids Suite Awsome for two-three kids BUNK BEDS .. Very Practicle
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to writw a review of our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed our facilities and service of uour staff. We are pleased that you did enjoy our Kid's Suites during your stay. Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Orlando area!

Reviewed 3 July 2013

This hotel is DIRTY!!! The cleaning crew doesn't clean anything. The room had skittles on the floor when we checked in. My daughter also had a room at this hotel. It had bugs and was equally dirty. I don't think the crew ever vacuums. The carpet is brown so I think they feel they can take a pass.
Every towel we used was stained with something. One night I was given wet towels. The next day the maid totally skipped my room. She made the beds and took the towels, but didn't replace them. I tried calling the front desk. No one answered. I tried the on call managers number. They didn't answer either. I just did without for a night.
I did look at their rateing. It appears the manager is aware of these problems, and answers with "I am sorry, try us again". He is not making any attempt to fix any of his problems at this property.
The Bathroom: Disgusting. There was black mold in the shower. Don't think they are cleaning the shower either. The shower head was dirty as well. Couldn't wait to get home to SHOWER!!!
The cleaning crews room: Disgusting. The location for the cleaning crews washer and dryers is full of dust and mold. Guess that leak the manager claims they fixed is not fixed. We saw clean sheets sitting on the dirty floor ready to go onto a bed. YUCK!!
The elevator: In tower two the elevator only opened enough for a person to slide in. I was afraid it would break everytime I got on. This went on for three days! Finally I moved to another dirty room on a lower floor so I could walk up. One employee was stuck on the elevator for 30 minutes!
Front Desk: Believe it or not the manager has this right. Great employees here. They did the best they could. I will say they are understaffed at the front desk. They work hard and do the best they can.
Unfortunately this hotel seems to be booking groups of young people (High School). The head of the group must negotiate and not care what the place is like. I think they just shop price. Not fair to the youth. I wouldn't want my child staying here.
Air conditioning: I don't blame this on management. It's just an old system that needs updated. It's very inefficient. You cannot ever get comfortable. Too cold or too hot. Miserable and loud. The units on top of the kitchen are very loud too. A design problem. Don't know that problem can be fixed.
Holiday Inn should take a look at this property. They would be ashamed. It appears they put a lot of money into this property. It is a pretty room with updates. It's just so dirty that you can't see beyond that.
I will not be back.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. There is not a decent room in this place.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am truly disappointed any time that our hotel receives a negative review, but I can assure you that we welcome all opportunities to improve our products and services and to clarify any misunderstandings with our customers.

I can also assure you that we do not take negative comments lightly and that all comments, both positive and negative, are shared with the appropriate managers, supervisors and line employees. I am very happy that you recognized our employees as being “great” even though it is obvious your overall experience was not the same. I sincerely apologize and welcome any further comments or concerns you may have. I can be reached by phone at (407) 396-4222 or by email at brad.boland@whg.com.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

My daughter and I stayed here one night for a basketball tournament. It was a last minute choice and thankfully for only one night. The hotel is large and busy. It caters to people visiting the attractions in Orlando looking to save a few bucks by staying offsite. We stayed in the tower in the back on the second floor facing the pool because I asked not to be near an elevator. Big mistake, even though the pool is supposed to close at 11 we could hear shouting well past that time. Also the pool has many landscaping lights around it which stay on all night. My balcony window had no heavy curtain to block the light so our room was pretty bright even after I shut off the lights in the room. I woke up in the middle of the night and it was so bright I thought it was morning! The room had two mini fridges, I think one was unplugged. The exterior of them looked as if they were picked up off the gutter in the street. No they were not too cold inside either. The hallways had a funky musty smell, the interior of the elevators were worn and filthy, the rugs gross. The light in my bathroom had a big dead bug behind it. My door had a large crack in the bottom, the lock was a joke. The pool area did look nice, I just believe they are so busy all the time due to price and proximity to WDW that this hotel is just old and worn before it's time. It needs a serious renovation.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

On behalf of the staff, and myself please accept our sincerest apologies for the unfortunate circumstances you described regarding your stay. As you can see from the majority of our reviews, this is not a common guest experience, but I know that makes no difference to you at this point. Please know that we use all of our reviews, whether they are favorable or unfavorable to improve our hotel and guest service. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention, and please feel free to contact me with further comments or concerns you may have. I can be reached by phone at (407) 396-4222 or by email at brad.boland@whg.com.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Nice hotel, nice location , driving to main attractions was not far and walking distance to plenty of restaurants and gift shops. Was disappointed no mirowave in room, and room was not ready when checking in at 5 pm. Did not restock room with coffee after 1st night. But overall nice hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed our facilities and service. We are glad the location to the local attractions, restaurants & gift shops worked well for you. We apologize for your delay in getting checked in upon arrival. Due the many groups we handle, there are times when they are late departing giving us a short turnaround time for arriving guests. Again, thank you for your comments and wope to see you again on your next trip to the Orlando area!

Reviewed 30 June 2013

We stayed here for our first Disney vacation and got a wonderful deal at Priceline.com. The room was clean and right across the street from the carnival. We travelled with our then 3 & 7 year old. We stayed in a room with a queen bed separated by a wall from bunk beds for the kids. The kids loved the bunk beds. We were minutes, less than 5 from the Disney properties and about 10 from Sea World. We were able to sign up for a timeshare presentation and received a free ticket to Disney. The staff was great, the pool was nice, and they have restaurants on site as well as in walking distance. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed a relaxing stay at the Holiday Inn Main Gate East. I am pleased you enjoyed staying in one of our Kid’s Suites and enjoyed the pool facilities. We do get a lot of positive comments on our location to the parks and local restaurants. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Orlando area.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

This hotel was better than expected. Because it was a little bit away from the main attractions it was a lower price. While the price was low, it was a nice clean hotel. Pool simply a pool. I had a family room with 2 bunk beds which the kids just simply LOVED. I would suggest to fix the games in the game room. Also place NEW USED lotion and shampoo in each room (the lotion was used, & asked the front desk for conditioner which he said would be delivered to the room & never came). While these are all LITTLE things, just thought I would be honest in what I would share with anyone else. I really think the price for the value is very good. Just be sure you fully understand what you are getting. I was facing the main road and heard a lot of traffic noise all night (police and firetrucks). There are many places to eat very close. The room & entire hotel area was very clean and everyone was nice and polite.

Room Tip: book a room on the interior side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Main Gate East. First of all, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially, our Kid’s Suite. As for amenities, it is our policy to place new amenities in all of the rooms for new arrivals & stayovers. I do apologize that we did not handle your guest request for conditioner. This has been addressed with our Guest Service personnel. Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to serving you when you return to the Orlando area.