My wife and I recently stayed at Holiday Inn Main Gate East from 11-11-13 to 11-16-13.
We booked Mears transport to bring us to the hotel. Upon arrival we were greeted at the front desk and checked in. We were told that this hotel has resort fees for each day. This hotel was NOT a resort by any means. I had to ask if there were any specials or coupons and the front desk person directed me to their travel relations.
The lady was very helpful and gave us coupons for food and shows. She wanted us to book a time share tour with their affiliate hotel, but we declined.
We got to our room on the 5th floor and it had two queen size beds (the online site we booked confirmed that) but we did not care.
I am a clean/neat freak and I don't feel the cleanliness was up to par. The toilet and tub were not as clean as they could be. For example, around the toilet on the bottom were some yellow stains. Also the shower smelled moldy. We did not complain about our room, we made do.
The hotel did not have a free continental breakfast, you had to pay for everything. We eat one morning and the food was standard.
One big reason we booked this hotel was because of the free shuttle service to Disney World, the shuttle only picked you up at two times in the later morning and later at night from the parks. I felt there should had been an earlier time to get picked up and dropped off. Our driver was very nice and would explain the times/activities of each park for that day. He also would direct you which buses/monorails to take.
Overall the stay was average, nothing special and by no means was a resort of any kind. I would not stay here again, I feel for a little extra money, we could have stayed at a nicer hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Devote your time to fun activities at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, located in Kissimmee, Florida, off U.S. Highway 192 East (also known as the Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway). We are an official Walt Disney Good Neighbor full-service hotel! Enjoy our newly renovated rooms, kid suites, meeting facilities, pool, kids theater, and business and fitness centers! Reminisce with M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E at the world-famous Walt Disney World resort in nearby Orlando. See the characters come alive at the Magic Kingdom. Travel to futuristic times at Epcot center. Witness pure movie magic at Disney s Hollywood Studios. Visit Osceola Heritage Park, a 120-acre multipurpose complex that offers exciting sports and entertainment shows. Catch a concert or event at the Silver Spurs Arena, or a baseball game at the Osceola County Stadium. Shop at the Loop, a large outdoor strip mall housing major department stores and smaller retail stores, casual restaurants, and a movie theater. Rev your engine and head to Old Town, a vibrant, family-friendly shopping, dining, and entertainment destination. Enjoy live entertainment each night and don t miss the Classic Car Cruises. Rejuvenate with a tasty hot breakfast at our Trattoria Cafe. Eat hearty from our Best-4-Breakfast menu. Enjoy a leisurely, peaceful vacation or comfortable working environment at our hotel, where Kids Stay Free and Kids Eat Free. Relax, it s Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area. There is a Daily Service Fee of $15 which guests pay upon check-out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Main Gate East Hotel Kissimmee
- Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area Kissimmee, Florida
- Orlando Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Kissimmee
- Kissimmee Holiday Inn