“Another average hotel”

Ranked #43 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Stockholm, Sweden
“Another average hotel”
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here during our Florida trip winter 2013.
The location of the hotel is great, there is a lot of restaurants and shops in the area.
The hotel is equipped with a bar, Pizza Hut Express, heated outdoor pool, coin laundry, etc.
The speed of the Wifi was really good.
We experienced the bed as very comfortable.

The shape of the room that we had, really needs to be improved.
The aircondition brings awfull smell into the room, a wall outlet in that room almost fell of the wall. In my opinion that really is a serious thing talking about a family room where small kids do jump around. Some smaller paintjobs could really help to leave a much fresher overall impression.
But for me there is no excuse for the cleanliness.
I have never seen a room that has been more dirty than this one (room 1807). Inches of dust in most of the corners, especially behind the beds and furniture. The floor (carpet) has been cleaned lousy and there were black hairs in the bathroom everywhere...
If I would work for the management, this is something I would be ashamed of.
Otherwise we had a good time at this hotel.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are pleased that your enjoyed our location and other facilities.

We are disappointed that the room accommodations did not meet your expectations. We hope that you contacted our 24 hour guest service desk to address your housekeeping and engineering needs. It is our goal to exceed our guests’ expectations in every area. We take all of our guest comments very seriously. Your comments have been shared with the Housekeeping team.

Again, thank you for your review. If we may be of any other service, please do hesitate to contact the hotel direct.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Clovis, New Mexico, Usa
Reviewed 19 December 2013

The hotelwas great, very good breakfast!! The next time I book anything I will book withy the hotel itself. When I got there I was able to switch rooms to a double bed from a single. The booking service said there was no other rooms. And the hotel informed me that if I would have called then direct I could've saved some money !!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to handle your room accommodations at check-in.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Orlando/Celebration area!
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I was a guest at the Holiday Inn Main Gate East Dec. 11-15. I am a disabled person and require certain things to manage my health during my stay. I made several calls to the hotel prior to my arrival. My POC in the sales dept. was a young lady named Tawana. She was absolutely great. I was never made to feel as if I were a problem. My needs were met if it was humanly possible. All of my travels are mostly spent in my hotel room, so it being user friendly is very important. Thanks again Ms. T

• Stayed December 2013
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Thank you for your positive review of your recent stay with us. We are pleased that our staff, especially Tawanna, was able to address your needs prior to your arrival and while you were staying with us.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Orlando/Celebration area.
Matthews, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I had things to do at Disney all week, but did not want to pay on-site prices. The rates at this price were much more reasonable since my needs were simple since my days on site were 18 hours long. The bed was very comfortable and my feet didn't hang off the bed as a tall person. The wifi worked well and the property was nice enough to give me Priority Club points even though I had booked my room via Priceline. My only 2 complaints are minor -- the showerhead was below my eye level (#tallpersonproblems) and the A/C unit was loud when it was running. It wasn't a problem once I was asleep, but it did delay getting to sleep.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the room accommodations met your needs.

We do apologize for the AC noise. We are working on an aggressive tune up program.
Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing on your next trip to our area.
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 6 December 2013

This property is absolutely a gem! The staff is amazing and the experience was epic.
Cannot beat the location. The hotel is clean; the staff goes out of their way to help you and the food was so delish! The atmosphere and ambience in the restaurant is unmatched.
WE ARE COMING BACK!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do get many positive comments on our location and cleanliness of facilities. It is our goal to exceed guest expectations while they are with us. We are happy our staff did this during your stay.
Our Pizza Hut Express and A&W All-American Grill are big hits along with our bountiful breakfast buffet.

Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Orlando/Celebration area.
Marysville, California
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at Holiday Inn Main Gate East from 11-11-13 to 11-16-13.

We booked Mears transport to bring us to the hotel. Upon arrival we were greeted at the front desk and checked in. We were told that this hotel has resort fees for each day. This hotel was NOT a resort by any means. I had to ask if there were any specials or coupons and the front desk person directed me to their travel relations.

The lady was very helpful and gave us coupons for food and shows. She wanted us to book a time share tour with their affiliate hotel, but we declined.

We got to our room on the 5th floor and it had two queen size beds (the online site we booked confirmed that) but we did not care.

I am a clean/neat freak and I don't feel the cleanliness was up to par. The toilet and tub were not as clean as they could be. For example, around the toilet on the bottom were some yellow stains. Also the shower smelled moldy. We did not complain about our room, we made do.

The hotel did not have a free continental breakfast, you had to pay for everything. We eat one morning and the food was standard.

One big reason we booked this hotel was because of the free shuttle service to Disney World, the shuttle only picked you up at two times in the later morning and later at night from the parks. I felt there should had been an earlier time to get picked up and dropped off. Our driver was very nice and would explain the times/activities of each park for that day. He also would direct you which buses/monorails to take.

Overall the stay was average, nothing special and by no means was a resort of any kind. I would not stay here again, I feel for a little extra money, we could have stayed at a nicer hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
We would like to thank you for your recent stay with us and for providing your feedback regarding your experience.

We do charge a Resort/Service fee that covers services including transportation to the theme parks, pool activities, free Internet, in-room safes and free local phone calls. The fee is listed on our brand and third party websites, through our Central Reservations office, and is disclosed once again during check-in. The majority of hotels in our area charge this fee and we truly feel it is a benefit to our guests when you consider all that it includes.

We do apologize that you were not happy with your room accommodations at check-in. Based on your length of stay, we wish you would have contacted our guest services desk or housekeeping to address your needs. We have staff on duty 24 hours a day to accommodate guest’s needs.

We apologize for any confusion regarding our complementary shuttle service to the Magic Kingdom. The shuttle runs three times a day from the hotel to the Magic Kingdom and four times a day for guests returning from the Magic Kingdom. We have many hotels in our area run off the same schedule and we receive many positive comments from our guests using this service. We will also be sure and pass on your positive comments regarding the drivers to the shuttle company.

Again, thank you for reviewing our hotel. We will use your feedback to continue to enhance our guest experience.
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 30 November 2013

showed up to the holiday inn awesome customer service ezequiel and sabastian did an amzing job at my check inn made my stay much more pleasant due to me having to work threw thanksgiving thanks guys again1 room was nice all in all hotel and staff very friendly comfy beds !

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your positive review of your recent stay with us. We are pleased that our staff exceeded your expectations and made your stay very enjoyable. It is our goal to exceed every guest’s expectations during their visit. We also appreciate your comments on your guestroom accommodations.

We will be sure and pass on your comments to both Ezequiel and Sebastian. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Orlando/Celebration area.