“Better for tourists than business travelers.”

Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
Ranked #38 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed here for the 1st time while on business. Rooms have been recently renovated and are comfortable. The one thing that irks me is the $10.00 day "Resort Fee". Yes the General Manager will say that guests perceive it to be a good value and other hotels do the same, but the trust is when you are on a business trip and just want to seep for a few hours, the resort fee is just a profit center. Not sure why this "fee" is taxed at the full room rate tax and not just the local sales tax either? Did not get any kind of recognition for my Platinum status. I booked a rate that included breakfast and would have been cheaper for it separately. Also - I don't think the hotel has a full service restaurant, just a food court. Bottom line - if you're headed to Disney it's a decent hotel but would look for other if on business.

Room Tip: All of the king bed room are located in the back tower. If you want to be closer to the front, book...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris P
RevAsst, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you for your recent review from your stay with us. We do charge a Resort/Service Fee to all guests. We do have many business travelers & conventioneers stay with us due to our location. We are disappointed to hear that your Platinum reward status was not recognized. With IHG’s upgraded rewards program, Platinum members receive a choice of 500 IHG® Rewards Club bonus points or water and trail mix or drink voucher at check-in. Please contact me directly and we will be more than happy to add your points under the new program.

Stephen Zuravin
Front Office Manager
stephen.zuravin@orlandofunspots.com

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area

Reviewed 1 March 2014

The hotel has been redone and is clean for the most part. The beds are really comfortable, and the air conditioning is newer and works well. The carpets could use some attention though. Don't forget to bring your own corkscrew if you brought wine as it is "company policy" not to loan a corkscrew from the bar even for a minute. The gift shop and front desk don't carry them either. While this may seem like a small thing, a true full-service hotel would not let this happen especially to one of their Platinum members.

Room Tip: Rooms are quieter in the back
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
RevAsst, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

On behalf of all of us here at the Holiday Inn SW Orlando Celebration we would like to thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to review our property. We are very happy to hear that our rooms are comfortable. We are sorry to hear that during your stay we did not exceed your expectations at all times. Our hotel offers our guests a variety of amenities throughout your stay. Corkscrews are available for our guests for purchase in the gift shop as well as available in the hotel restaurant upon request. We apologize for any misunderstanding that you may have encountered during your stay and we hope that in the future you will give us another chance to meet and exceed your expectations. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your recent stay with us please feel free to contact me directly @ stephen.zuravin@orlandofunspots.com.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

I usually don’t write reviews or make any complaints. But I have been going to this hotel for about 5 years and as a former travel agent business owner and event planner I have book many groups and sent many of my customer to this location. I book three rooms, First the cleaning lady did not clean the room as she stated, my first guest checked (kids suite) and there was no shower curtain, the lady brought one and before anyone could say anything she said I clean the room after that my nephew got into the bunk bed and it was covered in hair, we pulled the sheet back and hair was everywhere (like someone shaved in the bed) Told the house keeping manager and she came a looked and started yelling at the lady she stated “ you did not clean this room). Okay we said could just have been an over sight. We left the hotel to go out and got back about 9pm, changed and went to the pool, only to come back to the rooms and find no wash cloths in the rooms. Then about 11:20pm pull the sheets back on the queen bed and it had blood stain on it…. Was not happy called the front desk was on hold for 25min, so went down stairs and spoke with the night manager ( he was nice but still) it took him 40min to send someone up to correct the problem. Didn’t get to sleep until 1:30am to have host keeping knock on door for checkout. Oh yeah I a priority member that still has not receive points for the stay. Checked out of all 3 rooms and told the day manager what we had experience and was told I will inform the cleaning manager and bring into her attention. Cleanliness needs to be address, I took photo of it and showed the manager, but again don't think they took it very serious!! Maybe I should upload my photos...

Room Tip: Cleanliness needs to address
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

On behalf of all of us here at the Holiday Inn SW Orlando Celebration we would like to thank you for your recent stay and for taking time to review our property. We are sorry to hear that we were unable to exceed your expectations. We are glad that these issues were able to be addressed and that we were able to resolve the issues to your satisfaction upon follow up. If you would like to further discuss your stay please feel free to contact me @ stephen.zuravin@orlandofunspots.com.

Stephen Zuravin
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Good location close to Disney and other Orlando attractions. Friendly staff, plenty of parking, great breakfast. Had a room in tower 2 with a mechanical noise that woke me up several times overnight. Charges a resort fee for each night. Otherwise a great place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you for your positive review of the Holiday Inn Orlando SW Celebration area. we are pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. We do apologize that you were were kept awake due to noise. We will definitely investigate.

Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I like to think that I am an educated traveler; and many times while traveling and paying on my own I do some of the research on tripadvisor, yelp etc. I seen some negative comments about this hotel online but they had some great deals for rooms so I stayed here for 3 days with the family. If you need to go Orlando, don t hesitate to stay here. Very attentive service and friendly staff, efficient check in-out. Bed was amazingly comfortable. Coffee bar in house plus several other restaurants close by.i am schedule to return for business next month and I will stay here again because of the service my family received during holidays.

Ask for High level on back, you can see Disney fireworks show!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thank you for your positive review for the Holiday Inn Orlando/Celebration hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is our goal to exceed every guests expectation during their stay. We do get many positive guest comments on our staff & services.

Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

we stayed here for 5 nights in January to get away from the snow here in Canada. The hotel is a bit dated but was perfect for us as we were only there mostly to sleep. we had a family room which consisted of a set of bunk beds and a queen bed. The bathrooms are small as noted in previous reviews but were fine for the 3 of us. Old town amusement park is across the road. There is a restaurant in the hotel which had a decent breakfast and the restaurant was also a pizza pizza for supper , handy after a long day at the parks. Rented a car from enterprise which is about a 20 min walk up the road or they will come to your hotel and pick you up. Cheaper than the rental car agency in the hotel. There is a holiday inn timehsare in the hotel, but you are only asked about this if you enquire about park tickets etc. we said no and that was fine, no pressure and we did get some good coupons from the nice lady at the ticket station. outdoor pool is heated and even though it was 65 degrees outside my canadian kids thought it was great, and there was a hot tub too. overall would recommend this hotel .

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our family room with the bunk beds. It is our goal to exceed every guest’s expectation while they are staying with us. We do have a great location to the parks, restaurants & Old Town. Our guests do enjoy our Pizza Hut Express along with our breakfast buffet.

Again, thank you for your feedback & we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Orlando/Celebration area.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

This hotel has two towers. The front tower reminds me of a one star hotel or a Motel 6. The bathroom had a tub and john with less than 6 sq feet of space. The entire building has 7' foot ceilings. Carpets were dirty, and plaster and pair were failing from the bathroom ceiling. I had them switch me to the newer tower, which was nicer, but again, 7' ceiling and plaster and paint falling from the bathroom ceilings. I lead bicycling tours all around the country and I usually stay in Holiday Inns, and Expresses. I book over 200 rooms are year with IHG, and IHG should be embarrassed to have this property in their family! It should be bladed over. Warner

Room Tip: Do not stay here even for the price!
4  Thank Thegreatgriz
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We apologize that you were unhappy with your accommodations. It is our goal to exceed every guest’s expectations during their stay.
Please feel free to contact me regarding your stay at brad.boland@whg.com

Brad Boland