Resort Fee (Other hotels near DW do not charge a resort fee with same amenities)
Gym is lacking
Shuttle is inconvenient (You can't get there before park opens, and only have one or two chances to get back from the parks). It would be easier to drive.
Management was rude
Sink is inside bathroom (Many hotels have the sink outside the bathroom so others can get ready if somebody is showering)
I staid here in January for one night. The lady at the front desk was nice, but there was a male manager that was not as nice.
I asked what resort fee covered and he got very defensive and listed many things that 'other hotels don't cover', such as parking, a shuttle, and a gym. I told him many hotels provide those but don't charge a resort fee, and he said not here are not.
As it turns out, the next day I stayed at a different hotel (I came one day early and booked the Holiday Inn separately) that provided a shuttle (with a lot more times available than the Holiday Inn shuttle), parking, and a gym but did not charge a fee.
I told the manager this was as close to a legal bait and switch as you can get, since I can't stay unless I pay the hotel fee, and I can't cancel my reservation and get a refund (He didn't like that). I know various websites say there may be a hotel fee added, but the website isn't transparent at how much.
The gym was poor. It included a machine and treadmill, which was not helpful at all.
Would I stay here again? Maybe, if the price was right. There are many other hotels that are as nice, or nice for less.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Devote your time to fun activities at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, located in Kissimmee, Florida, off U.S. Highway 192 East (also known as the Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway). We are an official Walt Disney Good Neighbor full-service hotel! Enjoy our newly renovated rooms, kid suites, meeting facilities, pool, kids theater, and business and fitness centers! Reminisce with M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E at the world-famous Walt Disney World resort in nearby Orlando. See the characters come alive at the Magic Kingdom. Travel to futuristic times at Epcot center. Witness pure movie magic at Disney s Hollywood Studios. Visit Osceola Heritage Park, a 120-acre multipurpose complex that offers exciting sports and entertainment shows. Catch a concert or event at the Silver Spurs Arena, or a baseball game at the Osceola County Stadium. Shop at the Loop, a large outdoor strip mall housing major department stores and smaller retail stores, casual restaurants, and a movie theater. Rev your engine and head to Old Town, a vibrant, family-friendly shopping, dining, and entertainment destination. Enjoy live entertainment each night and don t miss the Classic Car Cruises. Rejuvenate with a tasty hot breakfast at our Trattoria Cafe. Eat hearty from our Best-4-Breakfast menu. Enjoy a leisurely, peaceful vacation or comfortable working environment at our hotel, where Kids Stay Free and Kids Eat Free. Relax, it s Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area. There is a Daily Service Fee of $15 which guests pay upon check-out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Main Gate East Hotel Kissimmee
- Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area Kissimmee, Florida
- Orlando Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Kissimmee
- Kissimmee Holiday Inn