Hotel is in the 2.5 star range. Extremely pleasant person at the check in desk upon our late evening arrival. Room was clean and the beds very comfortable, which is obviously what the majority of us traveling are looking for.
The hotel has a pool, gym area with limited equipment.
As mentioned both on their website and a few third party websites they offer "Free" or "Complimentary" services such as : wifi, parking, shuttle, etc.... But when you get your bill upon check out you find these items are not so "Free" after all. An item simply labeled Service amenity Fee is added to each nights stay.
Obviously the hotel staff is being constantly asked about this little bait and switch game, because when confronted about it, they are very defensive with a reply about all "Disney affiliated" hotels charge this fee, and have even gone as far as pre-printing up a small business card explaining this in my opinion "stacking" charge.
Please understand that following my review, someone from this resort will do a follow up that has been tiredly copy and pasted dozens of times before here in this review space, with an attempt to explain how this additional add on charge is both appropriate and all other hotels are doing it.
My advice? Look elsewhere. I won't be booking with them again, just too many other hotels in the area of similar quality that choose not to charge this add on fee for what they advertise as free.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Devote your time to fun activities at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, located in Kissimmee, Florida, off U.S. Highway 192 East (also known as the Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway). We are an official Walt Disney Good Neighbor full-service hotel! Enjoy our newly renovated rooms, kid suites, meeting facilities, pool, kids theater, and business and fitness centers! Reminisce with M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E at the world-famous Walt Disney World resort in nearby Orlando. See the characters come alive at the Magic Kingdom. Travel to futuristic times at Epcot center. Witness pure movie magic at Disney s Hollywood Studios. Visit Osceola Heritage Park, a 120-acre multipurpose complex that offers exciting sports and entertainment shows. Catch a concert or event at the Silver Spurs Arena, or a baseball game at the Osceola County Stadium. Shop at the Loop, a large outdoor strip mall housing major department stores and smaller retail stores, casual restaurants, and a movie theater. Rev your engine and head to Old Town, a vibrant, family-friendly shopping, dining, and entertainment destination. Enjoy live entertainment each night and don t miss the Classic Car Cruises. Rejuvenate with a tasty hot breakfast at our Trattoria Cafe. Eat hearty from our Best-4-Breakfast menu. Enjoy a leisurely, peaceful vacation or comfortable working environment at our hotel, where Kids Stay Free and Kids Eat Free. Relax, it s Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area. There is a Daily Service Fee of $15 which guests pay upon check-out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Main Gate East Hotel Kissimmee
- Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area Kissimmee, Florida
- Orlando Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Kissimmee
- Kissimmee Holiday Inn