“DIsney trip- great staff!”

Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
Ranked #41 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Saint Cloud, Florida
“DIsney trip- great staff!”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Overnight trip to Disney. The staff is is welcoming and efficient. We took advantage of the shuttle to the Magic Kingdom so we didn't have to haul the kid's in the car. Our driver was very friendly. THis is our place to stay! We always stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
We at the Holiday Inn Orlando SW – Celebration want to thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We are pleased that you & your family were able to take advantage of our Magic Kingdom shuttle. We thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Davenport, Florida
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed earlier in the month to take my family to the Parks. The shuttle was great for our needs. Friendly staff - clean hotel. They charge a service fee but the free transportation was worth it along with restaurant discounts. We enjoyed the large pool area. Will be back.

• Stayed March 2014
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are pleased that you found our staff very friendly, the hotel clean and enjoyed the restaurant. We also appreciate your comments on the shuttle service to the Magic Kingdom meeting your needs . It is our goal to exceed every guest’s expectations while staying with us.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area.
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Hotel is in the 2.5 star range. Extremely pleasant person at the check in desk upon our late evening arrival. Room was clean and the beds very comfortable, which is obviously what the majority of us traveling are looking for.
The hotel has a pool, gym area with limited equipment.
As mentioned both on their website and a few third party websites they offer "Free" or "Complimentary" services such as : wifi, parking, shuttle, etc.... But when you get your bill upon check out you find these items are not so "Free" after all. An item simply labeled Service amenity Fee is added to each nights stay.
Obviously the hotel staff is being constantly asked about this little bait and switch game, because when confronted about it, they are very defensive with a reply about all "Disney affiliated" hotels charge this fee, and have even gone as far as pre-printing up a small business card explaining this in my opinion "stacking" charge.
Please understand that following my review, someone from this resort will do a follow up that has been tiredly copy and pasted dozens of times before here in this review space, with an attempt to explain how this additional add on charge is both appropriate and all other hotels are doing it.

My advice? Look elsewhere. I won't be booking with them again, just too many other hotels in the area of similar quality that choose not to charge this add on fee for what they advertise as free.

4 Thank m2cardwell
RevAsst, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Mr. M2Cardwell,

We would like to take a moment and thank you for your recent stay with us.
We are happy to hear that our staff was friendly and that you were comfortable during your stay. We are also pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of the amenities that our property offers to our guests. Please be aware that our property does in fact charge a Service Fee of $10.00 per night which is listed on the hotel website and all third party websites and is again disclosed upon check-in to the hotel. This fee encompasses all of our amenities that we offer which include access to our in room safes, wireless internet, shuttles to and from the Disney Theme parks and several discounts to the hotel restaurant and gift shop. Most hotels in or around Disney property charge a Service/Resort Fee and we feel that with all that are included it is beneficial. If you would like to further discuss your experience or provide further feedback please feel free to contact our Front Office Manager directly @ Stephen.zuravin@orlandofunspots.com
Stephen Zuravin
Front Office Manager
Weston, Florida
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last night because my husband has work in the area today. The staff was very friendly. A crib was delivered promptly for our son upon our request. The mattress and the pillows were very comfortable. There was a gift shop conveniently located inside the hotel that sold wipes which I much appreciated when we ran out of wipes for the baby. The gift shop is open from 7am-12am which is great for people who just happen to run out of things and don't want to wait or drive. We also had a complimentary breakfast which was amazing as far as complimentary breakfasts go with everything from fresh fruit to biscuits and gravy, my husbands favorite,to milk and cereal and juice for the kids. The food was fresh and of good quality. Although we did not get a chance to use the pools, hot tub or the playground they all looked great and well kept. The only thing I have to complain about is the wall on the shower had dirt that was easily removable and there appeared to be that red bacteria called pseudomonas on the floor which was a little disgusting. A little bleach would clean it up and prevent people from getting unnecessarily sick. Otherwise to reiterate the breakfast staff and the staff at the front desk were extremely friendly. We would stay here
again for the right price.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Sharanyc
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
We at the Holiday Inn Orlando SW-Celebration Area thank you for your review of our hotel. We are pleased that you and your family are enjoying your stay with us. Your comments on our facility, especially the breakfast offerings, re-enforce our commitment to taking care of our guests. We do apologize for the condition of your bathroom. We hope you reached out to our staff to have corrected immediately. We will make sure and share this experience with our Housekeeping Manager.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area!

Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I'd like to start by saying when I checked in, Danielle handled my situation in an very professional, courteous and accommodating way, while she was training a new fella. It was amazing. Next, the bell hop, and I do apologize I don't remember his name, but upon each arrival and departure from the hotel he reminded me of a house butler. Always asking how we are doing, is there anything we need and very happy & accommodating. On to the food court. The breakfast was outstanding and to think the kids eat every meal for free no matter how many times I buy a meal, theirs is free. Such a blessing from IHG. The amenities was exciting. The jacuzzi was hot, the pool was a heated pool which came in handy when it got a bit chilly in the evening and the fitness room was clean and wow…everything worked…unlike other brand hotels. The rooms we stayed in were really fun. it was a queen bed with bunk beds. Bunk beds in a hotel…I had my brother and his family stay and my little niece thought it was the coolest thing to climb up onto the top bunk and look over. It was her own little play ground. Even the housekeeping staff were so sweet to bring us extra pillows and make us feel special with each a greetings each time we came and went. On to the parking…I would suggest a valet service here. It was a busy time of year, spring break, and the parking was a bit crowded, there wasn't a time we didn't find a spot. And last but not least, the reason of my title is because this place had soooo much energy with all the kids going and coming. All so happy and excited about being at Disney World. Lot's of laughter and so many little princesses all dressed up in their outfits. This hotel is truly a CELEBRATION in itself. I would recommend this to any and everyone who comes to Walt Disney World. Oh…and courtesy shuttles to and from the Disney parks saved me the parking fees at the theme parks. Thanks again IHG, Holiday Inn and Stephen Zuravin and your staff. You guys made my brothers family and mine very happy.

Room Tip: If you have kids, check out the bunk bed rooms. No microwave in the one I had, but a fridge and extr...
1 Thank Bob P
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We are very pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. It is our goal to exceed every guest’s expectation while they are with us. Both Stephen & Danielle are leaders in driving our customer service experience. We will be sure and share your comments with them. We are excited about our name change to Holiday Inn Orlando SW-Celebration Area as we feel we are located close to the Magic Kingdom with all of the amenities our guests desire.
Again, we are pleased that you and your family had a great experience with us and shared it with others. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to our area.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Folks, be careful with this hotel! I have stayed with Holiday Inn many times in my life. This is THE WORST experience with Holiday Inn or any other hotels. The staff including an on-call manager was all liars, and extremely unprofessional. They did not what they were doing and did not have any sense of taking care of their customers. As a grad student, I bid on Priceline to get a chance to live here for 4 days. When I checked in, a front desk guy charged me 50 dollars for extra service fee for staying 4 days. He explained to me that he would charge me 10 dollars each day for tip, shuttles to Disney world and stuff like that. Later I checked my credit card and found that he had charged me 50 dollars instead of 40 dollars. On the morning of my second day staying in the hotel, I asked about transportation to a location in the Disneyland World, a front desk guy told me a totally opposite direction and I ended up paying the shuttle driver $15 (and $5 dollars for tip) because that line was not complimentary. I spent three hours on the bus in the morning and arrived at my destination, already missing my interview. I came to Orlando for my interviews!!!! What was even worse, the transportation information on their website was false and misleading as well. They said they would have a bus picking me up at 9:30 pm @Hollywood Studio. So I left Swan and Dolphin and waited @Hollywood Studio for 2.5 hours. When it was 9:30 pm, I was the only person at the bus stop. So I called the front desk again, it later turned out to be the on-call manager who answered my phone. He insistently denied the bus schedule picking up at 9:30 pm @Hollywood Studio. Now I had a picture of their bus schedule in my cellphone. So when I arrived at the hotel on that day, it was already past 11 pm. Seriously, I left Swan and Dolphin at 6:30 pm and arrived at Holiday Inn past 11 pm. I used the picture of the bus schedule to confront the on-call manager. He said he would give me a full refund of my Priceline bid price, a refund of the service fee, and paying my transportation fee for the next day. I did not ask him to pay me the transportation fee the next day. In the end, I found he only refunded me half of the Priceline bid price, and a refund of the service fee. I have tried my best to negotiate with them and work things out. As I said, the manager and his staff were all liars and they cheated and misled their customers. Be careful with their hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Jo L
We are in receipt of your review of your recent stay. We apologize for any confusion in communication regarding transportation while you were here. The hotel does charge a daily service fee of 10 per day inclusive. Taxis are available for guest use at a charge besides the complementary shuttle to the Magic Kingdom. We are approximately 25 minutes from the Magic Kingdom.

We are pleased that you reached out to our Manager on Duty to help you. He did ensure that you were issued a refund on two nights of your stay and the service fee for all four nights. As a goodwill gesture, we offered you complementary transportation for your interview. It was our understanding that this was all settled while you were at the hotel. It is our goal to exceed every guest’s expectation during their stay. As an organization, we pride ourselves dealing with our customers in an honest and fair manner. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Brad Boland

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Oxford, Mississippi
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Pros:
Clean room
nice bed
microwave
fridge

Cons:
Resort Fee (Other hotels near DW do not charge a resort fee with same amenities)
Gym is lacking
Shuttle is inconvenient (You can't get there before park opens, and only have one or two chances to get back from the parks). It would be easier to drive.
Management was rude
Expensive breakfast
Sink is inside bathroom (Many hotels have the sink outside the bathroom so others can get ready if somebody is showering)

I staid here in January for one night. The lady at the front desk was nice, but there was a male manager that was not as nice.

I asked what resort fee covered and he got very defensive and listed many things that 'other hotels don't cover', such as parking, a shuttle, and a gym. I told him many hotels provide those but don't charge a resort fee, and he said not here are not.

As it turns out, the next day I stayed at a different hotel (I came one day early and booked the Holiday Inn separately) that provided a shuttle (with a lot more times available than the Holiday Inn shuttle), parking, and a gym but did not charge a fee.

I told the manager this was as close to a legal bait and switch as you can get, since I can't stay unless I pay the hotel fee, and I can't cancel my reservation and get a refund (He didn't like that). I know various websites say there may be a hotel fee added, but the website isn't transparent at how much.

The gym was poor. It included a machine and treadmill, which was not helpful at all.

Would I stay here again? Maybe, if the price was right. There are many other hotels that are as nice, or nice for less.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Brian R
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your room overall.

The hotel does charge at resort/service fee that covers services including complementary transportation to the theme parks, pool activities, Internet, in-room safes and local phone calls. The fee is listed on our brand and third party websites, through our Central Reservations office, and is disclosed once again during check-in. We can assure you that we are upfront with all of our charges to our customers and third party websites. The majority of hotels in our area charge this fee and we truly feel it is a benefit to our guests when you consider all that it includes. We apologize that that you did not feel our customer service met your expectations. It is our goal to exceed every guest’s expectations during their stay.

While our Fitness Center equipment is not brand new, they are in excellent condition. We offer 3 treadmills, 2 stationary bikes & 1 elliptical machine along with flat screen TV’s for viewing while exercising. The majority of hotels in our area charge this fee and we truly feel it is a benefit to our guests when you consider all that it includes.

We apologize that that you did not feel our staff responses did not meet your expectations. It is our goal to exceed every guest’s expectations during their stay. Again, thank you for you feedback. If we may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me brad.boland@whg.com