“Very comfortable, satisfying, and pleasant!”

Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
Ranked #39 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 10 April 2010

The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The service was less than expected from a Holiday Inn. The locationn was near all and the free wi-fi was very useful. The hot breakfast buffet was OK, a little expensive though.What i least liked was the food at the brewakfast buffet.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 April 2010

I guess they have special rooms for people who go though companies like priceline.
The bathroom is so tiny. If you are over weight at all, please reconsider. Even I could hardly put my arms down on my side when sitting on the comode. I am 5'3,and it wasn't even long or wide enough for me to extend my arms completely.

The balcony (if you can call it a balcony) was around 2 feet wide,just enough to stand out on to.

The AC was so loud. It would not stay on, so you had to keep the remote in your hand and keep turning volume on TV up and down as the AC cut off and on.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2010

After reading a few reviews, I admit I was a bit wary about staying at this hotel. Luckily, I had a wonderful stay at the Holiday Inn. I stayed for 3 nights from March 5-8th for a weekend getaway to Disney World. This hotel was located very near to the main entrace to the Disney world resort. On several of the days we used the free shuttle and found it to be fairly convenient though the times are limited. One evening we wanted to leave the parks early and so took the Public bus LYNX #56 from the Magic Kingdom ($2). The public bus stopped directly across the street from the hotel at Old Towne which was super convenient!

I found the room to be very clean and attractive. The beds were very comfortable (I had the best sleep I probably have ever had at any hotel). The room was well appointed and had two huge queen size beds. Each bed had a nice selection of pillows. The bathroom area was a little cramped, but it didnt bother me at all. I had no problem accessing the free wifi internet. The room provided a basic television which included HBO. The only thing which would have been nice was if the room had a fridge. Luckily it was a bit chilly that weekend so we kept the sodas on the balcony. :)

Overall my stay was great and I would definitely stay here again the next time i find myself in Orlando.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Travelbelle79
Reviewed 29 March 2010

We are avid travelers and we found this hotel to be one of our best Holiday Inn experience. From the pleasant front desk to the attentive services, we felt at home. All this and great rates too.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank DPREEL
Reviewed 28 March 2010

This hotel met our needs entirely. We traveled with 3 children, 9, 11 and 13. The hotel's location was perfect, one exit from Disney and in a prime area for restaurants, night life and shopping, but without the congestion of areas like International Drive.

Old Town is located directly across the street, great for family fun.

The hotel is modern and up to date. The lobby was very clean as were the corridors and our room. The room is not huge, but met our needs for sleeping and resting. We stayed in a "kid suite" which provided a bunk bed and a queen bed which was seperated by a 3/4 wall. The beds were very comfortable and the room was cool and comfortable. Climate control is set in the room.

There is in house dining which included a Pizza Hut and other full course choices. Large comfortable dining area.

We used the pool and spa. It was large and clean. There is a small gym located right at the pool area and a small playground is next to the pool also.

I recommend this hotel and will be using it in the future. We were 100% satisfied.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank laurelg1
Reviewed 24 March 2010

This was my 1st trip alone and it eventually went very well at this solid 3 * hotel with an air/hotel package. Generally, I felt secure and any of my concerns were addressed. Most staff encountered appeared friendly and engaged.

The front desk was always attentive and responsive, including follow-up to ensure satisfaction. In particular, “Maria” was a gem when I asked to be relocated due to two extremely late night hallway parties with back and forth door slamming by 4 rooms of unsupervised youth on my floor.

The hotel is a buzz of activity and not particularly quiet or tranquil but most patrons are there for the Disney parks and crash by 10PM. Travel desk provided good information as to fair ticket prices.
My first room was in tower 1 with a balcony and faced the rooftop air conditioners with side pool view. My 2nd room faced the front street with a Juliet balcony. I was informed much later that the patio doors should not be opened due to safety regulations. Signage would have been nice. Traffic street noise is prominent as well as the noisy room ventilation units. Yes, on the 8th floor it takes quite some time to get hot water.

Observation: Disney = kids = sticky door knobs, TV remotes, elevator buttons and carpet stains.
For families, a suite is well worth the money because not only is it larger in size but you have a small fridge & microwave. (Bring/buy kitchen utensils as none are provided) If you come across a Super Target in your travels, stock up as prices are significantly better than the nearest Publix. Car is definitely a necessity.

Best things - the white, thick, fluffy towels, comfy bed and pillow options were a welcomed treat!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Straight_Forward
Reviewed 4 March 2010

Dates of stay: Feb 20-26.

My wife booked this hotel through Priceline for $35/night, and after reading some of the reviews here...well, I was scared. BUT, I was pleasantly surprised with the room and friendliness of the staff. Being a frequent Holiday Inn traveler, I have earned a good deal of points with the Intercontinental Hotel chain. A few days before our stay, I called the hotel and asked to speak to a manager. I gave him my ID number and asked if it would be possible to get an upgraded room or at least a room with a mini-fridge in it. After looking up my information, he informed me that he had changed my reservation and put us in a "Kids Suite." Upon arrival, we were quickly and politely checked in. The Kids Suite had a mini-fridge, bunkbeds for the little one, a seperate TV for the little one, and a nice and very comfortable queen size bed seperated from the bunk beds by a wall. The room was not extravagent, but it was nice for the 4 year old to have her own side of the room to play in and watch cartoons.

Restaurant - Breakfast was OK. We had tickets for free continental (aka cold) breakfasts during our stay, and we could upgrade to the full hot breakfast for an extra $2.00 It was worth it. We didn't eat dinner there, but the little one had a hot dog and fries from there one night...fries were good!

Resort Fee - Yes, they charge a resort fee of $5/day. Yes, I think it's a ripoff, but for what we paid for the room and the complimentary upgrade we got, I wasn't about to complain. Wireless internet was free. At least they stopped charging for that.

Friendliness - We never encountered a grumpy/rude employee. I called one night to see if I could get a microwave in the room, and they had one delivered within an hour at no charge. Maybe this was because I'm a "Points Person" but who cares!

Pool - The little one wanted to swim so we did use the pool and hot tub. Both were clean.

The Negatives - Not a whole lot to complain about. Yes, it is an older hotel that has a nice exterior with so-so rooms. Our room was updated, but it did feel a little old. Our room faced the highway so traffic noise was a little noticeable, but the sound of the AC drowned out most of the noise. The bathroom was tiny (real small) but clean. They normally charge $10/day for mini-fridge and/or microwave rental. I dodged this fee b/c of my Points status.

Overall, I would stay here again if I were given the upgraded room for free. You are conveniently located to the Disney Parks, and there is plenty of places to eat around the hotel. For $40/night, we were very pleased.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family