“Not a bad place at all...”

Travelodge Suites East Gate Orange
Ranked #89 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
“Not a bad place at all...”
Reviewed 22 March 2008

This is a fine place to stay if you are looking for a non-fancy reasonably priced place to stay while doing Orlando touristy stuff. The rooms are pretty clean and large. The pool was really warm for winter, although it did have a lot of leaves in it. The staff was friendly and helpful. You can walk to Waffle House, and it's right across the street from Chili's, UNOs, and very closeby are giftshops and other restaurants. Less than 10 minutes from Disney stuff. Not a bad place at all. I'd stay there again.

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank Jay15oc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Finnish first
Santa Fe, NM
Reviewed 18 March 2008

Disgusting room. Filthy unraveling carpet at door and at vanity area with exposed sharp carpet nail to cause an injury. Do not walk barefoot on the floor! Entire ceiling above shower peeling and falling down. Stained box springs with shredded corners. Other lesser room issues as well (rusty mirror, stained walls, stained vanity top, broken floor tile).
A cheap room that I would not stay in again.

• Liked — It is near the theme parks
  • Disliked — The room was awful
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

New Orleans
Reviewed 6 February 2008

We just returned from a school group trip to Disney World and could not have been more pleased with our stay at this Travelodge. It was located in a good area, only 15 minutes from the parks. The free shuttles ran on time and the staff went out of their way to accommodate us. Everyone was so nice and the housekeeping staff did a great job. Yes, the bathroom ceilings could be redone, but the tub and encloser itself were new and the showerhead wonderful. You just can't beat the price!

• Liked — Friendliness of the staff
  • Disliked — not enough shuttles during the day to and from the parks
  • Stayed February 2008
2 Thank maryarmit
New Jersey
Reviewed 26 January 2008

We had planned a last minute trip to Disney during the Christmas break and were booked in a Disney hotel at premium $$. We knew we would be arriving late and decided to stay at the Travelodge for that night because the price for a room that slept 5 was quite cheap!
You can't miss this motel, because of its proximity to a very Large Orange (souveneir shop). My first impression came from the clerk checking us in. It was late in the evening and I'm sure she was tired, but she was curt, not in a rude way, but certainly not friendly or welcoming. She did eventually make eye contact with me when she handed me my room key and wished me a pleasant evening - unfortunately no smile. We pulled into a parking spot, which I thought was going to be the last time we would see our car, because I was sure that it would be stolen by the morning - the area doesn't instill a sense of security. We tried to turn the light on when we got into the room, but the bulb must have been blown, we finally were able to get some lights on. First impression was that the room was a nice size, with 2 double beds, and a full size pull out couch, the bathroom was small and adequate. There was quite a bit of mold on the bathroom ceiling and the carpet was worn and our socks were darker on the bottom after walking around on it. There was a lingering odor, sort of smoky, but we decided that it was probably other guests smoking outside and the odor was wafting in under the door. You could easily hear what was going on outside the door, which was probably due to a poor seal between the door and the frame.
Our car was there in the morning, the beds were so-so and my back only hurt a little. We were in a hurry to get to the parks, so we skipped the continental breakfast and checked out. Our clerk who checked us out was friendly and asked how things were. When I told him about the light and the mold - he thanked me, made a note of it and said he would have it taken care of.
All in all for the price I paid, I felt I got my money's worth. I knew what to expect after reading other reviews on TripAdvisor. My advice for anyone planning to stay here, only stay for a night or two. This was a good transition motel, but I couldn't see staying here and feeling comfortable, and at ease for an entire vacation.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — location, location, location
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
nashville,tn
Reviewed 16 December 2007

Pros
Good and cheap place to stay in Orlando. Nice people, good service and rooms are nice. Near to every thing in Orlando.
Cons
They charge about $1 per day for service charge....

• Liked — cheap and good service
  • Disliked — stupid service fees of $1 per day
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank roshanis
Florida
Reviewed 22 October 2007

We first checked in, front desk staff was friendly, however the area is a bit rundown however since going through Priceline we couldn't change our minds. We got to our room and we could smell the mold, ect. There was a hole in the wall, door lock broke, visible black mold in the bathroom, remote for the tv was broke, carpet looked like it was never cleaned. Blankets on the bed were old and worn. The entire hotel is very run down and I would never recommend staying here again.

Stayed October 2007
1 Thank REGRUL
Saskatoon,SK Canada
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,123 helpful votes
Reviewed 14 September 2007

You get what you pay for. The fixtures in the room were a bit dated. The beds weren't too bad. The fridge in the room was ICE cold and so was the air conditioning. Each room had a decent sized free safe that came in handy. Yes the carpet turned my socks black. Thats what you get for $53/ night, but it is a motel not a hotel so everyone wears their shoes in. And yes with 90% humidity the carpet takes a beating. It wasn't unbearable or unhygenic.

I got their best rate off their internet site. Don't use the shuttle. It will leave you with very limited return times. The motel is very close to Disney parks and parking it $10/ day. Big deal, its worth it at the end of the day.

The outdoor pool was warm. But it was a complete gong show as the other bargain hunting types that the cheap rate attracts tend to whoop it up. Good thing it closed at 10 pm. Ask for a non courtyard room if you want to skip the animal act.

I got panhandled coming out of my room one morning by a god Loving derelect that put some kind of curse on me one morning. He was completely harmless and went on his merry way. Never saw him again.

I asked staff to call the police after there was a huge domestic dispute happening in the mid afternoon on a top floor balcony. Staff couldn't have cared less and said as long as they were quiet by night it was none of their business. I've been in law enforcement for 17 years and I know the real deal when I see it. If you expect a caring staff if something major happens, I doubt you'd find it. Dont get me wrong staff were very good a being polite and courteous, well mannered, but this was a big thing that got treated like a Nothing!

The continental breakfast is a joke and is a pig sty every moring. I only ate at it once.

On our last day I saw a cockroach in out bathroom about 1 1/2" long. Yikes!

The long and the short of it is that we needed a cheap clean place to stay. $53 a night was cheap. Housekeeping kept their end up. There were a few colorful moments at this place but I never once felt unsafe and I have Spidey sense that would give the original web slinger a run for his money. I slept comfortably and sound every night. So if you want a 1 1/2-2 Star fitting those criteria then this place will do. Would I come back?? I'd probabally try another place in the same $$ range. I wouldn't feel cheated if I had to spend the same $$ and sleep here again.

• Liked — Slept 6 and was comfortable
  • Disliked — Dirty rug, rowdy pool
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family