“Run, far far away and then run a bit more!”

Travelodge Suites East Gate Orange
Ranked #89 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
San Francisco, California
“Run, far far away and then run a bit more!”
Reviewed 4 July 2009

I checked into the hotel later in the evening and was given a room in the very back of the hotel.

Upon arrival at my room I noticed there were people conducting "business" across the parking lot in a field. As a single woman traveling alone it made me a bit nervous so I quickly made my way to the room. The room was horrible, dirty and dark. There was a strong smell of mold/mildew and stale smoke. The bed was hard/ uncomfortable and sounded like there was a plastic coating on it. The carpet was ripped, furniture banged up and broken. There were many many spots on the wall where you could tell holes have been patched up, except for one - it looked like they just stuck an artificial plant in there instead. The bathroom sliding door would not close at all. There is a helicopter tour company located near by as well, it was very noisy!

I was able to get online with the provided WiFi, which came in very handy. While checking my email there was a noise outside, someone tried forcefully to open my door, then they pounded on the door, a pizza menu was later shoved through the large gap between the door and the frame. This happened a second time a few minutes later. I no longer felt safe staying there. I called my husband in tears telling him I needed to find another place to stay. I was able to book another hotel online and quickly packed up to leave. I stopped by the front desk on my way to the new hotel to check out but there was no one there.

I have emailed and called in regards to this multiple times and never heard back from them. I finally contacted the company I booked the hotel through and was offered a refund for one night of my would have been three night stay. Yet again, the Travelodge fails to provide quality service and customer care.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Finnish first
DisneyWorldLOVER09
Reviewed 25 May 2009

I have stayed at the Travelodge twice now. The first time (June 2006) we got smoking double queen pool view rooms. The rooms are very large which is great since we have 8 people in our family traveling. The rooms were clean, the pool area was well kept, and the kids loved the play area/game room!! Since our trip was for a week that time we enjoyed the use of the onsite laundry. The breakfast was kind of the joke of the trip (but not a deal breaker). The location was awesome!!! The whole family was impressed at the hotel for the price we paid! The only bad thing I can say about my first stay was that the carpet really needed replaced.

So when we decided to go back to Disney World and Dayton Beach last summer (July 2008) we knew we wanted to stay here again. When I booked the rooms I was told the breakfast was updated since we stayed last and the hotel was painted, OK Great!!! So I book two double queen smoking rooms again. Once checked in I was keeping out the room ( I'm actually in the hotel industry so I love seeing hotel rooms) I noticed the carpet still needed replace really badly .. to the point that the tacks were exposed. Then I noticed no ashtrays in the rooms I stopped my mm from lighting up because I realized we were in a mom-smoking room. One I know it is a current trend to charge a huge fee for smoking in a mom-smoking room. Two I think of the other hotel guests that we be coming in after us expecting a non-smoking room to not be smoked in. I walked down to the front desk and let them know the situation very politely. I know these things happen. They "upgraded" us to two smoking double queens with Kitchenettes. It wasn't pool view but I'm excited we could really use the kitchenettes. I thanked the front desk person and went on my merry way. Once we got to our rooms it felt like we were banished to the dungeon. The rooms just felt dirty and gritty. The carpet was worse then the other rooms, the mattresses need to be replaced, the internet signal was very low if we had a signal at all (they did seem to have a network set up with multipliable routers), The Kitchenette was great other than the toaster and larger coffee pot (there was a smaller coffee pot in the room that worked fine) was broken, the pool area was still very well kept (but there were non-guests that looked kind of scary lurking around the pool/play area), and we got charged for making a local call to a pizza place. The location is still great, (just a short drive to Disney World) The flea market next door was great also. Lots of shopping with in walking distance. This hotel has so much potential. With some heavy cleaning, the replacement of things like the mattresses and the carpet (not to mention the replacement or removal of broken appliances ) during the slow season, maybe another router to boost the signal to cover the rooms we were in also,and a security guard this hotel could truly be great! Oh we never did get around to the breakfast due to us having the kitchenette. Oh and the charge for the local calls... please at least inform your guest local calls cost (we have cell phones this would not have been a deal breaker for us either) at best maybe see about a phone company that doesn't charge for local calls. This property makes me wish I had the money or backing to buy this hotel and really turn it around. All in all we had great time.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Lois P
Florida
Reviewed 17 April 2009

This was my worst experience EVER!!!! Upon entering the room, heavy musty smell. There were a few cracked tiles around the jacuzzi tub with exposed sharp edges and some kind of mold growing in it. There was quite a bit of mold in the bathroom. I also found a broken electrical outlet cover. I took photos and video and will be sharing them with Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation, Division of Hotels and Restaurants. http://www.myflorida.com/dbpr/hr/index.html I am going this far because the hotel refused to refund our money as we booked through Priceline. This was a lesson well learned. Manager has consistently avoided numerous phone calls.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Roseau, MN
Reviewed 21 March 2009

Upon walking into the front desk area to check in, the musty, moldy and damp smell was overwhelming. The gal at the front desk was polite. We were checked into our room with no problems. Upon entering our room, I was totally disgusted. There were stains on the walls, there was LOTS of dirt behind the head portion of the beds and behind the dresser. The bathroom floor was filthy....I even took a towel and what I wiped up was GROSS-VERY dirty! The tray on the vanity that housed the ice bucket and cups was smeared with mascara and had hair on it. The alarm button on the clock was broken, and what disturbed me most was the carpet that met with the tile--it was unraveling and there were little nails that stuck up. My daughter stepped on one, but luckily not hard enough to break skin. We put a towel over the nails and I went to the front desk to report the problem. The gal said, "I'm sorry...there is nothing we can do." At that point my 12-year old son took my daughter's shoe heel and was able to bend the tacks down so at least the points weren't sticking straight up. I was TOTALLY shocked that they never even offered to fix this problem. At one point our safe quit working and they did come and fix that right away. I checked the mattresses before we went to bed and they seemed fairly new and NO bed bugs-thank goodness! The shower and tub were not very clean either and the walls above the shower were peeling away. The continental breakfast was very basic--toast, cereal, muffins, coffee juice. That is to be expected though for what we paid. The pool was clean, however, the pool area was VERY run down. Also, the high speed internet didn't work and the front desk provided me with a 1-800 number to call about it. Why couldn't THEY do that? I don't care how inexpensive a hotel room is, I still expect a CLEAN room without nails sticking out of the floor. I would NEVER stay here again!

Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
devon
Reviewed 25 February 2009

stayed for our first & second night - it was basic and skanky. the pool was ok and it had a laundry. But you had to wear shoes or your feet got filthy from the manky old carpets. It was handy being on route 192 and all the shops nearby but we checked out and into a disney area hotel called the regal sun for a similar price which was far cleaner. free breakfast was basic. there is a massive orange shop next door which sells discount disney and seaworld tickets. seaworld is amazing.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank guzzlers
Rhode Island
Reviewed 3 February 2009

There are not adequate words to describe what I encountered in the bathroom upon my arrival. I checked in very late after a long flight. It was about 11:30pm. The front desk staff was cordial. He seemed tired and was not particularly friendly. One doesn't expect deluxe accomodations from a 2 star hotel so I was unfazed by this. It was a very affordable 2 night stay close to where I needed to be. However there are some basic necessities one requires in an overnight stay and a toilet that wouldn't be declared a biohazard is one of them. Not only had my toilet not been cleaned (yet there were fresh linens on the rack?) but to my horror the seat was smeared with human excrement. I called the front desk immediately and let the phone ring for 5 minutes with no answer. I attempted to clean the mess with an entire box of tissue, called the front desk again 10 minutes later, no answer. I finally gave up and went to bed wondering the whole time if I was sleeping on dirty sheets even thought the beds were made.
I complained the next morning and the clerk at the desk said he would make sure the manager from the cleaning dept was made aware and the bathroom would get an extra cleaning.
It seemed clean when i returned.
Upon checkout at 5:30 am I was told by the very unfriendly clerk that their computers were turning over for the night and it would be at least 10 minutes before I could check out. I was not happy about this as i had planned just enought time to get my rental car back and get to the airport on time. Why would the hotel wait until 5:30 am to turn the computers over? why not at 2am or 3am. there were two other people who came in to check out after me that were just as upset that they had to wait.
all and all there has to be a cleaner better run hotel on the same road for the same money. I certainly would have paid more if i had known how awful it could be

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Venbead
UK
Reviewed 28 January 2009

We wanted a cheap first nights accommodation for the evening we flew in from the UK and that is exactly what we got. Place looks as if it needs a thorough clean and re furbishment. Pictures on the web site are a little mis leading. Room was basic and tatty but clean, was OK as we were so tired after travelling and just wanted somewhere to crash out. We had considered staying there for a week on our return to the disney area and thankfully had not booked as we would have been very disappointed.
Not situated in the nicest location but close to interstae etc. for next days travelling.
Staff were very friendly but we would not stay there again. For a few dollars more there is better to be found.

• Liked — Cheap
  • Disliked — Tatty
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple