“Good value, close to parks”

Travelodge Suites East Gate Orange
Ranked #94 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 12 June 2010

We spent one night before checking into Disney hotel the next morning. The checkin staff was friendly, quick and knowledgable. The room was clean and the couch area was handy since I like to read in the middle of the night and do not want to wake up everyone else. The room was quiet at night. Restaurants are very close. The parks are an easy drive. The one bad thing is there is no elevator and of course we were on the second floor.
Overall, we were happy with this hotel and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank dlann03

Reviewed 12 April 2010

We stayed here one night after spending the day in Orlando. Our room was supposed to be pool view, but we had a view of the laundry room/arcade. I think the price of this motel should be cheaper. There are no evelators and we were on the second floor. Had to call the front desk to ask about the wireless internet. This should be told to you at check in.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2010

We stayed at this hotel March 19 - 21, 2010 as a budget way to save. We are constantly going to Disney, so to save money on the hotel and be able to splurge on gifts and food, we look for a budget hotel.

I was extremely worried about this hotel based on the horrid reviews. I had my arsenal of Lysol, Bleach, and Air Fresheners lined up (I even brought my own sheets).

Upon arrival, we had trouble getting into our room (the key card did not work not once, twice, but three times). It was a defective door lock, beyond their control; however every time we went to the front desk to tell them, they asked for photo verification. That showed me they take security into account!

We switched rooms (to matching rooms, no upgrade). Mace and Lysol in both hands, I found the room to be pleasant. Yes, there was a slight musty scent, but once we turned on the A/C, the musty smell disappeared. The room was spacious with a sofa (possibly a bed, but never used it), two double beds and a television refrigerator and microwave. I was quite content (I have a sensitive nose, so I smelled everything and nothing smelled bad.)

Most of our day was spent in Disney, but the hotel was spacious enough that when we did retire from Disney, or take a break. There is ample lighting in the parking lot, plenty of shops around.

Maybe it is because we don't make our hotel a home is because we enjoyed this. The carpet was a bit frayed, but we never walk around barefoot in the hotel (regardless of any hotel). The only thing I would change is the smell of the Lobby and the Breakfast Room. It really stunk! The Breakfast Room was just another room converted so it was small and stunk!

Due to its price in consideration to the proximity to I-4 and Disney, restaurants and shops, I recommend this place. Remember, it is not the Doubletree, so don't expect luxury, but do expect a decent place to rest/sleep.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ndmjax78
Reviewed 25 February 2010

We stayed here one night since we arrived in Kissimmee earlier than expected for our Disney trip. This budget hotel was not fancy, but it was clean and the staff was very kind. The free breakfast was lacking, but it was free and took the edge off while we looked for something else. Expect all carbs.

Plus, the free wifi worked perfectly. (Unlike the expensive Disney reports which make you pay $10/day for internet access!)

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2010

Though I knew ahead of time I was going to be in the area last Saturday, February 13th, I unexpectedly had no place to stay. It was a very busy time and driving away from the area I had been visiting, looking for a place to stay for the night, there were a lot of "No Vacancy" and "Sold Out" signs. Because the place looked nice, was conveniently located and I knew and trusted the name though I had never stayed at one before, I stopped at the Travelodge and waited in line at the registration desk. Hearing the conversation with those in line ahead of me, I could tell there were still rooms available and that I did not need to leave and search further.

Sophie was the clerk on duty and while I was waiting, I watched how she took care of those ahead of me, answering the phone and tending to everything else at the same time, never losing her serene, pleasant, efficient and professional manner, even when a couple ahead of me required some patience on Sophie's part though it was given without it being obvious that it was being given.

When it was my turn, everything was perfect; Sophie gave me the type of room I needed: first floor, no smoking, two beds (one for me and one for my bags/things), and although there was not a room available on the parking lot side, she gave me one near the walkway from the parking lot. Sophie assured me (just as I was getting ready to inquire) as to the security of the facility.

I was very impressed. My husband has been in management for many, many years and wherever I am I see things from the management point of view as well as from a customer's point of view.

When I reached my room, I was very pleased. It was beautiful and spacious. I LOVED the shower!

I hope you know and appreciate what an asset your company has in Sophie. She, after all, is the human face and voice your visitors see and hear. She is the one who creates an opinion of your facility and perhaps the chain, in the mind of your visitors. Sophie is definitely a valuable asset.

Adele Potter

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 December 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while on vacation in FL. The hotel is not a fancy place, but merely a place to rest your head at night. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel, this is not for you. If you are looking for someplace to sleep and a hot shower then this is it. Overall it's an average hotel.

Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2009

arrived 1 am after leaving halloween horror nights without a reservation. I told the desk man we were looking for non-smoking 2 beds, basically wanted a clean room and comfortable bed to sleep in for the night. When asked he said they had renovated (I didn't ask when). had key within 5 minutes. AAA discount total was $47 including tax. What can you expect for that? The sheets and towels were clean. The big bathroom terracotta tiles, everything was clean. I checked and there was no bed bug evidence, the mattresses appeared new. Continental breakfast- expect toast, coffee, juice to be good. Barely any road or other noise and the curtains were true blackout. DISLIKES: The shower looked like maybe it had soap scum on the sides from sloppy cleaning. Slight paint bubbling above shower head. The middle blanket was well worn and if mine, I'd throw it out. If you just need a place to sleep for a night, I recommend it. If something else, I don't know enough. Location is 10-15 minutes to disney and universal. Tons of restaurants and tourist stuff around. Fridge made a loud noise when it revved up startling me awake at first. Kids never heard it. I prefer 4 star hotels, but this was good value for our purpose.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family