“great 2 weeks .”

Ranked #38 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
west yorkshire
“great 2 weeks .”
Reviewed 26 September 2007

Enjoyed a great 2 weeks at Villas at Fortune Villas . villa was clean, roomy, all facilities were of good standard. Location was great .. 20 mins from the theme parks, perfect for being able to rest and relax yet close enough to allow easy access to all the fun areas. staff very friendly, outside facilities were very well kept. We would without doubt stay here again.

• Liked — very roomy, air conditionnong unit excellent, kitchen facilities superb
  • Disliked — not enough patio furniture for all family members to enjoy the outside of the villa.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank sjhWestYorkshire

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
atlanta
Reviewed 19 August 2007

Just returned from Disney staying at Villas At Fortune Place.
This is an older property, carpets needed cleaning and bathroom
needed update. But overall it is a large condo with room for
everyone, and on a quite backstreet. Staff was friendly and very
quick to answer problems. (The gas grill would not lite) They
were there in 5 minutes after I called.
Disney is only 20 minutes away if you take the turnpike and pay
the toll. Good experience.

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank addison4
East Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 13 August 2007

This was a nice property. However, I was a little surprised when I turned onto Simpson Rd., on my way to the resort for the first time, to discover that the Osceola County Jail is about 1.5 miles up the road. Check- in was fairly smooth. The only part I did not like was that I had to go to "guest services" before I could get a parking pass. "Guest Services" is located in one of the villas. When you ring the doorbell, you will be let in by a very pretty young lady. From the way she was talking, she is some kind of model (and she really looks the part). Before she will give you a parking pass, she has to try to get you to go to a timeshare presentation. She told me that I only had to go to breakfast and fill out a survey with no 90 min. presentation required. My "survey" took 4hrs. We were sent to Vacation Village at Parkplace. The property was very nice, and the breakfast was at a cuban restaurant on the campus of Disney Celebration. All of this took much more than 90mins., we were there for more than 4 hours. enduring the high pressure sales tactics. However, my wife and I held our ground and refused to purchase. We never did get to take the survey. All in all we had an enjoyable experiance at Vills of Fortune Place, but if you're not careful, you will leave Florida $30,000 more in timeshare debt than when you arrived.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank embrydl
gsaldana
Reviewed 3 August 2007

We just returned from traveling to Orlando, Florida. I stayed in the 2 bedroom loft with 7 people (accomodates 8). I was plesantly surprised with all the room we had. It was a townhouse with a bedroom and loft area upstairs. The loft area looked like a den area ( tv and sofa/bed), perfect for my daughters boyfriend who traveled with my husband and I and our 4 children. The bathrooms were rather small, but master bedroom was roomy. I also had a full kitchen and small patio area. It rained almost the whole week we were there but, it would last no more than an hour or two. Theme parks are about 20-30 minutes away. My children, ages 13, 16, 19 & 23, liked the mini townhome because it had all the comforts of home and we did not step in each others space, like we would of in a 2 room connecting at a regular hotel. I recommed this place for larger families. My sister, her husband, son and my mom and dad shared a 2 bedroom room and it was quite smaller and not as roomy.

Stayed July 2007
1 Thank gsaldana
Asbury Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 July 2007

The property was very nice. The master bedroom was roomy. The other bedrooms were small and had only a night stand in them. The two people staying in each of those rooms had to live out of their suitcases for the week. Here's the fun part: Here in 2007 they don't have internet service to the rooms. I called and they said that they have wireless service by the pool. Which, since it rained daily that week might have been a little detrimental to my laptop. In one of the bedrooms one of the bifold doors to the closet was broken and an outlet was broken.

The location was easy to get to from the Florida Turnpike. I found out that it is known as the safest location in Kissimmee. Maybe since it's located by the Sheriff's Dep't and the County Jail. Travel to all attractions were very easy. Maximum time was 20 - 30 minutes.

If you just want someplace to shower and sleep. It's great.

I won't be staying there again

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Lousy internet service
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank VicMur

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2007

This is a timeshare property and we exchanged one week through RCI.
Check in was quick and we were given our unit key and told to go to customer services in another building for our parking permit.
This of course was "would you like to go on a cruise/dining trip for $20" timeshare sales attempt, but we refused and only had one phone call during the week telling us we had won a prize which we ignored.

Our unit was a town house with two bedrooms, each with ensuite, upstairs. The stairs faced the front door. To the left was the dining area leading to a kitchen which then lead to the lounge which could also be reached straight forward from the front door.
The kitchen had a full size oven, fridge/freezer, microwave and dishwasher and was fully equipped with pots, pans, cutlery etc.
There was a washer and dryer in a cupboard in the dining area and another toilet in the hall.

The lounge had a sofa, two armchairs, tv,coffee tables and lamps and windows opening onto a patio which had two sun loungers.
The sofa had a large stain on one of the seat cushions and the carpet had been patched in two places, one of which was sticking up which could have caused a fall.
We were very pleased that our unit looked over the lake where we were able to see turtles, herons, cormorants and beautiful sunrises.

The two bedrooms consisted of one with twin beds and one with a queen (which was very comfortable).

The unit was clean and had plenty of towels and equipment and we enjoyed the peace and quiet of the area.
There was a swimming pool with sun loungers and shades behind the registration building, a couple of barbecues in the grounds and internet access was available in the lobby.

There was no maid service, but towels could be exchanged midweek and trash was collected daily if put at the end of the path before 10am.

• Liked — Location, peace and quiet.
  • Disliked — Ripped carpet and stained sofa
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled with family
10 Thank AngelaG
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 23 March 2007

The place is nice and has roomy (but on two stories) units.

It is off the beaten path from the resorts.

My only complaint was although I had prepaid Traveloctiy for room, taxes and fees, they made me pay an additional "Resort Fee" before they would give me my keys.
Not a large amount but still "dirty pool"

• Liked — The space and condition of the units
  • Disliked — Surprise "Resort Surcharge" upon arrival
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple