“Doesn't provide the comforts of home.”

Villas at Fortune Place
Ranked #36 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I love the location because it's not right in the hustle and bustle of the Disney crowds. However, I can't say I'm too thrilled about the services (or lack of) provided at the resort. Yes, the resort is great at providing things like tennis courts, basketball courts, and pools. But when it comes to providing things like internet access and toilet paper and other "comforts of home", they fall short. I was told wifi access is only available at the pool - not in the rooms. So whenever I needed to use my computer (which was often because of the type of work I do for living), I had to load up my laptop equipment and walk over to the pool. I was also told once a room runs out of toilet paper, the resort does not supply anymore! So if you're planning to stay in a room with 8 people (like we did), you'd better make sure you bring your own wifi and toilet paper with you :/
Aside from all of this, depending on whom you get at the front desk, expect to deal with attitude as a couple of the staff members are somewhat rude.

Room Tip: Make sure you plan ahead.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank RGM2
There are newer reviews for Villas at Fortune Place

Reviewed 9 September 2011

We stayed in unit 1312 for one night, unfortunately. We disscovered all 4 beds were infested with bed bugs. We noticed a horrible smell in the unit when we arrived but just thought it was old and dirty. They moved us to another unit across the complex. The 2nd unit was better, cleaner, and didn't seem to have bed bugs. We aren't convinced because we still brought bed bugs home with us after our week's stay. Management was very apologetic about the bed bugs, but the damage was done. We have just discovered 4 months later, that our childrens' beds have bed bugs. We thought we had taken all the nessecary precautions to prevent bringing them home, but obviously, we did not.
In the second unit, the dishwasher kept breaking. they were pretty prompt getting it repaired. Overall, we were there to visit Disney but the bed bug experience put a damper on our whole week. We enjoyed the theme parks but were not comfortable staying at Fortune Place. We only stayed for the kids. We were so glad when it was time to go home.

Room Tip: Inspect all beds before settling in.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank jengrady89
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I liked the "Old school" feel to the resort! Off the beaten path and since I did not care about Disney location was awesome! Close to everything I needed and the staff was helpful,customer friendly and willing to help with anything. No slaes people bugging me which as you know if you stay on any resort they are the most annoying people on the planet! I came with friends no kids and I loved it! Cant speak for the people who have children so keep that in mind.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank DJBell0406
Reviewed 27 July 2011

From the front desk staff to the groundskeepers and housekeeping folks, everyone was friendly and helpful. There were 5 of us and we stayed for 7 nights in a "sleeps 8" condo and had more than enough room - full kitchen, 2 bedrooms, 2 pullout couches, flat screen TV, and blessed air conditioning! The pool areas were awesome with numerous tables/chairs/lounges/umbrellas. They also have a basketball court, tennis, shuffleboard, and a putting green. The grocery store was conveniently located behind the property for food shopping, a Walgreens on the corner and other conveniences in the area as well. The Villas are located a short distance from the Disney and Universal theme parks, and major roads are easily accessible. Overall we were very impressed with the resort. and hope to stay again sometime.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Mlwpost
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Good efficient check in/out. Staff helpful. The villa was all you would expect from an American apartment. Well equipped with with everything including a separate laundry room with washing machine and separate dryer.
Pool towels available, the area was clean and nice to come back to after a day at the theme parks.
The location was quite, close to some shops but no night life or restaurants close by.
We liked the apartment and the pool, however it was a drawback having to drive everywhere.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank couple20something
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Beware this place isn't what it should be. The master suite have a 19inch tv has a full size bed and it's a horrible bed. my room had a lizzard in it, the carpet needs to be replace really nasty so

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Worldhotels.com
1  Thank Belinda197
Reviewed 24 May 2011

I booked through a discount website available to me, so we got a great deal on the villa for the week. I booked a 3 BDRM / 2 1/2 BATH villa for 3 couples, one with a 10-yr-old, so 7 people total. The villa was comfortable, yet dated. Obvious cosmetic modifications had been completed, but furniture was worn & carpet needed replacing. Otherwise, the accommodations were fine. The facility was clean & tidy, the pool & activity areas were clean & well kept. Check-in / check-out was seamless & the staff was courteous & helpful. I would book here again. . . .

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family