“Definitely Our First Choice”
Review of Coral Cay Resort

Coral Cay Resort
Newbury, United Kingdom
“Definitely Our First Choice”
Reviewed 6 September 2011

This quiet comfortable oasis was fabulous for our 16 day stay in Orlando. Its close to the parks and all the fun but you wouldn't know it. This gated community is family orientated with equiped kitchens, private hot tubs, pool and space to unwind after a long hot day out. Built around a lake and on the edge of a small reserve meant that it was peaceful and quiet , though I would admit the frog chorus caught us unawares.
The staff were very keen to help in any way they could. We will make this hotel our location of choice for any future trips.

Room Tip: Most appear to have one queen sized bedroom downstairs ideal for the grandparents or anyone who cann...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank SC5611

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Alnwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I wasn't sure what to expect. I'd read the good, the bad and the ugly. What I found was that the accomodation was extremely good. There was no baking tray but apart from that it was well equipped and very comfortable.
The issues were had were that it was noisier than I had expected. We tended to go to sleep around 11pm but most nights were woken up by our neighbours who seemd to have an endless ability to party. One night we stayed late at magic Kingdom. When we came back they had parked on our driveway. They obviously thought we'd gone home!
The lane to the accomodation was dark and concerned me. Being from a very quiet part of the UK, it seemed to confirm my worst anxieties about the US.
Lastly it takes a lot of attention to detail to get into the resort then get into the box at reception then get into the box to get the apartment key. Late at night, after a transatlantic flight I was close to tears trying to understand all the different instructions and find all the bits of paper with the numbers on.
We didn't see the cleaners during the 2 weeks we were there.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank lallum
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We've just got back from our 2 week holiday at Coral Cay Resort in Kissimmee and loved every minute of it, the house is perfect, and huge! we booked a 3 bedroom house and got 4 bedrooms! Really clean and tidy, all the communal areas were immaculate, the pool area is lovely, perfect for a chilled out few hours break from the parks. The staff were always polite, friendly and helpful and as mentioned in other reviews, the hot tub was amazing, the best way to relax after a long day at the parks in 96degrees heat! our 2 boys (13 and 7) loved it, couldnt get them out of it!
We would have no hesitation in recommending Coral Cay to anyone, loved it!

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank emmabarter
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We stayed in a four bedroom with lake view for the first week of July.  The house was very clean and comfortable, bedrooms were nicely decorated and the king bed in the master was very comfortable!

Our son loved his room, having a bathroom to himself (there were 3 full baths), and the foosball table.

I really liked the pool.  It was an extremely hot week, so it was nice that there are shady spots around the pool.  We don't have little ones, but there were some toddlers enjoying the wading pool, they obviously got a big kick out of it!

Another thing I really enjoyed was the private hot tub.  My husband will not use a public one so this was a super nice feature for us.  After a day in the cold rain at Discovery Cove, it was great to relax there.  We actually used it every day.

The screened patio is screened on the top as well, so although I enjoyed sitting in the hottub during a light rain, others may not have!  In the mornings, ducks would come up to us, very cute.

We found the neighbourhood peaceful and very quiet, nice to come back to after a busy day out.  The attractions and shopping (outlet and grocery) are all really close, which was great.

I would recommend this to any family, will definately return here.

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank Thepartridgefamily4
Cruises to Bahamas or Jamaica
Reviewed 19 July 2011

My hubby and I decided to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries and graduations with a trip to Orlando, FL. After reading ALL the reviews, I decided to take a chance on Coral Cay Resort. WE LOVE IT!!!!!! The little kids went straight upstairs and the bigger kids headed to the hot tub on the enclosed, screended patio. We had a four bedroom townhome which had plenty of cabinets in the kitchen for storage. Our unit had three complete bathrooms. There was a sofa sleeper in the living room but we didn't need to pull it out. We never made it over to the Clubhouse which had a swimming pool, game room and a threatre. Our trip was for seven days and six nights. We had an excursion of some sorts each and everyday. The teenagers were exhausted and wanted to come early to just "chill." One night (after a rainstorm), we headed to Universal Studios after 6 p.m. The parking was only $3!!!!!

The staff was wonderful! They allowed me to print my boarding passes so we could return home without any long lines or major delays at the airport. Coral Cay was beautiful to us. We didn't experience any negativity during our stay with local residents or other guests. We did have a problem with the air conditioner which was immediately taken care of. Coral Cay was the BEST place for us to celebrate all the accomplishments that our family experienced in this year. We would definately stay here again in the future!

Room Tip: We packed small bottles of condiments in our suitcase. Try the dollar store BEFORE you head to Walm...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Favored77
Hermosa Beach, California
Reviewed 15 July 2011

At first it seemed to be the perfect vacation for us and another family.Then we went to the pool...We have found out that this is NOT even a resort except by name only.This place is as much ghetto as the bronx.My family and I felt VERY out of place...we were constanly harassed by the local latino kids( the place is 99% section 8 renters) After calling the police several times we decided to just pack our things and go to a property on Disney..This place has went down hill over the last 3 years and I wouldn't reccomend this to my worst enemies! But if you are looking for a nice development to live in and use section 8 vouchers you will LOVE the place! Oh yeah and If you want help from the front desk or need after hours service FORGET it...there is not "check in" only a local resident who checks in people..yes you give a LOCAL your card number!!!

Room Tip: Book at a disney resort
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank Honeybearacuda70
Kentland, Indiana
Reviewed 25 June 2011

We stayed @ coral Cay for a week. It was a clean and safe place for my whole family to stay. Not far from all the major attactions but far enough away from the traffic and niose. The staff was extremely helpful in getting some items shipped back to me that I left behind.
Nice pool, clubhouse and view of the lake. It was way better than staying at a hotel and for the same price. We will be back.. We loved it....

Room Tip: We stayed in unit 2411 with a view of lake
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ACTHOMAS714
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Lake Buena Vista
Best Western Premier Saratoga Resort Villas
Liki Tiki Village
Liki Tiki Village
#24 of 152 in Kissimmee

Been to Coral Cay Resort? Share your experiences!