“There are better choices”
Review of Coral Cay Resort

Coral Cay Resort
New York
“There are better choices”
Reviewed 5 November 2011

I have used Holiday Villas 4 times previously, the last 3 at Lucaya Village. I decided to try Coral Cay after getting an e-mail of the new properties they had. I found this property to be a no frills version of Lucaya. You have a washerand dryer but they only give you one single use pack of laundry detergent. There were no filters for the coffee maker so I had to buy them, no tissues, had to buy them, no spnge and only 2 dishwasher packs so had to buy a sponge. There was a Fooz ball table in an upstairs room. It had no ball to play with and even if it did one side was against a window with no room to stand and play. The landscaping was poor. Also, and most important, this is a gated community that is a home to many families. This is not just for vacationers. The house next to the one I stayed in (they are attached) had a family with dogs. The dogs were out and barking every morning at 6 AM for their walk. Also on the Friday I was there my neighbors had a party and were out back and in front until around midnight. In short I will probably use Holiday Villas again but not Coral Cay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank sirdwak
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Coral Cay Resort, responded to this review, 8 November 2011
Thank you for submitting a review. I am sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay. It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to see various aspects of the property from the guest’s viewpoint. Please understand that I will pass your comments on to the relevant departments so that we can strive to improve. I hope that you will consider giving us another opportunity to gain your trust.

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Douglasville, Georgia
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Loved Coral Cay Resort...
We left Coral Reef in Paradise Island, Bahamas to stay at Coral Cay Resort. Our stay at Coral Cay Resort was excellent. We had more room to move around, which meant I could watch a different program on TV. All the rooms are just the right size. Also, I would like to thank Sammy Lopez for his help on having a package sent to my home. My husband left one of his favorite sweathers, Sam sent package to us via FedEx, he also, called to make sure we received package and thanked us for staying at Coral Cay Resort. I assured Sam, we will be back and will tell our family and friends about the resort. Thanks Sam for going over and beyond.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sandra H
Thank you for your comments! I am so glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for your kind words about Sammy, which I will certainly pass along. Please come back to see us again soon.
Lena, Illinois
Reviewed 15 October 2011

There were five of us that rented one of the 3 bedroom townhomes. It was an excellent value and had plenty of space. We would highly recommend this to any family traveling. It was conveniently located and was very clean. The management is very, very accommodating

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Sherry B
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Coral Cay Resort, responded to this review, 18 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your stay here. We are very grateful for the chance to get feedback from our guests and even more pleased when they have had a great time. We hope that you will visit us again very soon.
Grays Thurrock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Excellent location near all the resorts. Some of the reviews are confusing over the overall accomodation and cleanliness, location, etc - we found it all good and were pleased with our stay.
No managing agent at the site, even though the sign on their door says they will be available we didn't see them once all trip! Couldn't see how to get in the clubhouse and never made the pool either - we were out visiting parks all the time!
Hot tub was a nice addition but it's all about location, location, location. Just off the 192 (Vineland) and 10 mins from Disney.
Clean premises if a little old and slightly tired now but was good value and we had no issues overall.
Could have used an information pack of some sort when we arrived - not sure who's fault it was but we didn't have the entry system number for the gate, then the number for the 'late key' pickup was wrong, then when we did get the key number for our property, that was also wrong!!!! Also, got very confused after a couple of days when we discovered no bins in the house or outside - we have been used to having a large bin when in Villas in the past but had nothing. We eventually saw other people walking rubbish to a large 'dumpster' at the exit gates to the community - problem solved!!

Room Tip: No bins! Use a bag and drop off near the gate exit!!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
11 Thank Tim H
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2011

This quiet comfortable oasis was fabulous for our 16 day stay in Orlando. Its close to the parks and all the fun but you wouldn't know it. This gated community is family orientated with equiped kitchens, private hot tubs, pool and space to unwind after a long hot day out. Built around a lake and on the edge of a small reserve meant that it was peaceful and quiet , though I would admit the frog chorus caught us unawares.
The staff were very keen to help in any way they could. We will make this hotel our location of choice for any future trips.

Room Tip: Most appear to have one queen sized bedroom downstairs ideal for the grandparents or anyone who cann...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank SC5611
Alnwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I wasn't sure what to expect. I'd read the good, the bad and the ugly. What I found was that the accomodation was extremely good. There was no baking tray but apart from that it was well equipped and very comfortable.
The issues were had were that it was noisier than I had expected. We tended to go to sleep around 11pm but most nights were woken up by our neighbours who seemd to have an endless ability to party. One night we stayed late at magic Kingdom. When we came back they had parked on our driveway. They obviously thought we'd gone home!
The lane to the accomodation was dark and concerned me. Being from a very quiet part of the UK, it seemed to confirm my worst anxieties about the US.
Lastly it takes a lot of attention to detail to get into the resort then get into the box at reception then get into the box to get the apartment key. Late at night, after a transatlantic flight I was close to tears trying to understand all the different instructions and find all the bits of paper with the numbers on.
We didn't see the cleaners during the 2 weeks we were there.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank lallum
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We've just got back from our 2 week holiday at Coral Cay Resort in Kissimmee and loved every minute of it, the house is perfect, and huge! we booked a 3 bedroom house and got 4 bedrooms! Really clean and tidy, all the communal areas were immaculate, the pool area is lovely, perfect for a chilled out few hours break from the parks. The staff were always polite, friendly and helpful and as mentioned in other reviews, the hot tub was amazing, the best way to relax after a long day at the parks in 96degrees heat! our 2 boys (13 and 7) loved it, couldnt get them out of it!
We would have no hesitation in recommending Coral Cay to anyone, loved it!

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank emmabarter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Lake Buena Vista
#26 of 152 in Kissimmee
Polynesian Isles Resort
Polynesian Isles Resort
#2 of 152 in Kissimmee

Been to Coral Cay Resort? Share your experiences!