“Fantastic”
Review of Liki Tiki Village

Liki Tiki Village
Ranked #26 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 5 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here with our 2 children (16 & 11yrs) beginning of November this year we had a lovely 1 bedroom apartment which was very spacious and had everything to hand including a very well equipped kitchen. The appartment was very clean and modern. The resort had a lovely pool area which was open till late which was ideal after a long day at the theme parks. The theme parks were only 15/20 min drive away and a vast range of shops and restaurants were only 5mins away. Would highly recommend this resort to stay in and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank claireshelton
LikiTikiMgt, Executive Administrative Assistant at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Excellent review! Our Liki Tiki Village Resort team was pleased to have you and your family. See you next year!

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Really enjoyed staying at the Liki Tiki, room size was fantastic and found the décor very nice and well equipped. TV's could possibly do with an upgrade but not a big deal Grounds are well maintained and maintenance are quick to respond to the 2 minor issues we had, one caused by our 3 year old.
We had a very sick 3 year old for 2 days we were there and it really was fortunate that we all felt so at home here, if it had been a basic hotel room we would have been in a lot of strife.
Wasn't a big fan of the food at Shipwreck Sally's but only ate there once, but at least it is not overpriced.
I would actually give this place a 4.5 but they don't give me the option and maybe even a 5 if we had of been able to use the facilities but it was either cold or rainy for most of our trip so we were never able to use the aqua park and only used the playground a couple of times. Maybe some indoor activities or play areas for kids would be a good idea considering it is Florida and does tend to rain.
I didn't find they pushed the timeshare as many people who reviewed claimed, I was asked the question at check in and received one phone call to our room and told them politely no and there was no issue.
Great distance to Disneyworld and not too bad from Universal.
I would most definitely stay at the Liki Tiki again.

1  Thank Nezza75
LikiTikiMgt, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Wonderful!! Liki Tiki Village Management thanks you for your great response as we were delighted to have you. Hopefully next time the weather would permit you to use all of our wonderful activities from the paddle boating to the water slides! Have a wonderful holiday season and we cannot wait to see you next year!

Reviewed 3 December 2013

The property is lavishly landscaped, however the room that we stayed in was old and dated. It had roaches in the room, dead and alive. 101B to be exact. It was my first time at the resort, as a gift from my parents, for me and my 5 year old daughter to enjoy for Thanksgiving. I decided to invite a close friend and his family to join us. We drove down from Maryland expecting to have a great stay, but ended up very disappointed. We requested a condo, in order to avoid having stairs, but the front desk told us that every room was booked. I was not pleased with that because we had a 4,5,& 6 year old on the trip. The hot water did not last long, the carpet was old and spotted. It smelled stale inside and the so called heated pool was not very warm. We ended up staying the night, however the next morning after spotting more roaches, I had enough.
We were moved into another townhouse 214D. We walked inside and it smelled like the place had just been sprayed with raid and who knows what else!! It was too strong of an odor to actually stay. We opened all of the windows and kept the front door open, as we moved from the old place to the new place. It was like that for several days!!! The chemicals were so strong, that it caused the kids to break out in rashes all over their legs and arms. We had to basically keep sheets over the sofa and chairs all week, to avoid skin contact. I would like to also point out that the second bedroom with the two twin beds was pretty small and you could not open the balcony door because the bed was too close. The beds were so lumpy and uncomfortable that I had trouble sleeping. It did not have a dresser to store your clothes and the closet did not have enough hangers. The heated pool was nice, however the loud noise over by the hot tub was nerve wracking all week!!!! I spoke to one of grounds men and it was apparently some type of water intake valve..... the waterpark was nice, however the water was freezing cold.. so we stayed 10 min then headed back to the heated pool. The bar at the heated pool was never open, so we had to accommodate ourselves with beverages from the room. Overall the staff was great. No complaints about check in or check out. I would give the staff a 5 star rating, the townhouse a 2 star rating, and the overall look of the resort a 5 star rating. Try your best to get a newer room if you can!!! If you have kids, the summer months would be your best bet for the water park. I was somewhat disappointed and slightly embarrassed that the timeshare was not up to par. I stayed at Mystic Dunes in April and it was amazing. Very clean and no bugs either. I do not think Liki Tiki will be on my list for next year.

Room Tip: 214 was in a great location. Its between the water park and the heated pool, tucked away in a garden...
1  Thank kdcarr

Thank you for taking time to write an honest review of our resort. On behalf of Liki Tiki Village Management, we would like to offer our sincerest apologies and understand how frustrating it must have been being moved and still having to deal with an unpleasant stay. I assure you that I will bring this to my management team so that situations like the ones mentioned above are handled with greater care. I believe we could do better! If you have any questions or would like to give us another try please do reach out to me before your next Orlando area vacation at Goeffrey.Quetant@diamondresorts.com

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Stayed in Liki Tiki last 2 weeks of November with my wife and 5 year old son. Had a 2 bed room in 1300 block.

The complex is a bit isolated you really do need a car to get about, there is a 7-11 store within walking distance but not much more. Everything else, including all Disney Parks are within a 15 minute drive. 35 minute drive from Orlando Airport, think I might have struggled to find the hotel without a sat nav.

Room was spot on, everything you could want with some nice touches, coffee maker, microwave, full kitchen, washing machine & dryer. Everything was spotless and well maintained, hotel has 3 nice pools, water park was good but got a bit cold, lifeguards very professional and sociable, pool bar good but I'd have liked to have seen it open later. Other 2 pools were heated and very comfortable in cooler weather.
Didn't get the idea of the connecting doors to next apartment, could hear family next door but in no way did it disturb us.
Booked hotel as a package through TravelCity Direct, did not have to pay resort service charge but had to leave refundable $100 breakage deposit.

Can't really fault the place, did not get harassed by timeshare rep I just politely declined the invitation to the meeting.

Would certainly recommend.

1  Thank Madazahatter
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

My family really enjoyed this place. We switched hotels and stayed here a few days. It was like an apartment & the master bedroom had a great jacuzzi tub and walkin shower that were huge. I liked that we saved money by cooking our own food and the staff was very helpful every time I interacted with them. There's a bar at the main pool which has the water slides my kids lived the pool and pool area. You could get a drink or order foo t the bar which was poolside- the kids and I thought everything tasted yummy- fries were a bit salty but good nonetheless. The only thing I didn't like was the early 10am checkout. Other than that my kids could have lived at the pool. For the price the people and the amenities the fact that its an older resort is hardly noticeable or an issue. I would definitely stay again and again. Some of these are owned but some are rented to tourists so they seem to strive to make you happy!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 29 November 2013

My husband and 3 boys just stayed Nov. 23rd-28th 2013. We had a 2 room that worked so perfect for my family. Having a full kitchen with a dishwasher was great! I loved the washer and drier right in my room. The kids would swim I would dry their towels. 2 things that I don't normally have in my room at other resorts. My room was bigger than it looked in the pictures. So much space to spread out and relax with family. The kids room had 2 double beds and a TV. Bonus for me not wanting to watch kid shows. The living room had a TV with a pull out couch, full size dining table, super large room all open to the kitchen. I stayed in room 1040E that had a nice private balcony facing a tree area. Loved having the master bedroom and living room shades open to that view with no one walking by to look into your room. The property is very large. A little walk to the pool area. The kids enjoyed the pool, hot tub, giant tub with jets in the master bath, ski ball game, water park, golfing and riding the cute family bikes. My husband and I enjoyed the drinks at the bar, a private master bathroom with a huge shower and tub. All the staff was friendly. I was pleasantly surprised when I called and asked a couple of questions how they took care of us making our stay even nicer. My husband went shopping for our food at Wal-Mart. He bought the whole bean coffee on accident. I asked if they might have a coffee grinder. They didn't but were nice enough to supply me with coffee for each morning (Loved That). They even brought us more dish washer tablets and paper towels. I thought those were things I should have brought on my own dine. The staff was wonderful to us. This was my first time visiting Orlando with my family. I did the timeshare tour and saving money on our pirate diner show. I didn't buy the timeshare but my husband wished we could have to enjoy more condos in the future. I never write reviews about places I've stayed before. I enjoyed all that Liki Tiki Village had for a nice relaxing family retreat. I almost forgot to mention how comfortable the king bed was and nice pillows. Now I need to buy myself a new bed after sleeping in that bed.

Happy Vacationing, C. Meyer

Room Tip: Depending on the size of your party. A guest told me her room was smaller than mine. She was close...
2  Thank CSMeyer1
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Family vacation with parents, adult siblings, and kids through our timeshare exchange. Overall, our stay was pleasant. The rooms were nice, though, outdated. Location was ideal as it was less than 15 minute drive to all tourist attractions (Disney, Universal, etc.). There are two pools and option to BBQ which was convenient for a family. Pools get crowded. Onsite activities were appropriate for broad range of travelers (kids to adults).

Room Tip: There are two types of units on property. Four story buildings with various units or villas with two...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family