“Started out bad and should have kept going.”
Review of Liki Tiki Village

Liki Tiki Village
Ranked #27 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Bad directions took up at least 3 hours of time. We were checked into an occupied room upon arrival which took another hour to straighten out -- in the rain... with three children. The kitchen outlets can't handle the provided toasters or other appliances, apparently. The elevator didn't have lights in it for two days which caused my husband to twist his knee and be in pain for several days. We were hounded to do the timeshares, and when we did, the man we had asked if we were living in sin or married and told racial 'jokes.' The amenities on site were fun... although my wife was a bit concerned when they mentioned alligators being in the lagoon with the paddleboats. At checkout, we were told we had a zero balance but found they charged us again. I called the hotel and they told me I needed to send them my bank statements showing that I paid them. I called Expedia because that's who I paid first and they told them the same thing. I finally got to talk to a manager at Expedia and they finally said they got Liki Tiki to credit my card in 2 to 4 weeks even though credit card policy's is 15 days.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
4  Thank LadyXanadu2014
diamondresorts, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

We regret to hear of your dissatisfaction with your recent stay and sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you and your family. Our team members pride themselves on going out of their way to be helpful and attentive to our guests, and we apologize if you felt otherwise during your stay.
As we take all comments seriously, we have already begun taking action to improve and provide the exceptional services that our guests have come to expect and deserve. Your experience during check-in was agreeably unacceptable and has been brought to our Front Desk Manager’s attention.
Regarding the maintenance concerns you brought up, we will forward them on to our maintenance manager to look into further, as to ensure they do not reoccur. We do have a couple renovations to look forward to on our 2014 agenda such as, carpet replacements, starting renovations of lobby area, and a complete renovation of one of our buildings..
You experience with our vacation counselor was agreeably distasteful. His supervisor has been made aware of this for further review and coaching. That being said, we offer all of our guests the opportunity to learn more about our product; however, this presentation is certainly not mandatory.
We appreciate your feedback and should you choose to stay with us again, we are confident we would provide you with a much more enjoyable stay.

There are newer reviews for Liki Tiki Village

Reviewed 5 February 2014

We just returned from the Liki Tiki Village after 10 nights with our family. We flew with Westjet and the flights were on time taking off with a 45 minute early landing and was 15 minutes late departing when returning home but we still arrived in to the Calgary airport at our scheduled time. We decided not to do a rental vehicle so we pre-booked our roundtrip airport shuttle with Supernice Transportation who greeted us at the Orlando Airport with our names on a sign when our flight arrived (45 minutes earlier than scheduled) and picked us up on time when we needed to travel back to the airport. When we arrived at the Liki Tiki Village we were greeted very professionally by the front desk staff and was directed to their time share desk where we refused the time share meeting without any grief. The next day we called to the front desk to call us a shuttle to take us to the Magic Kingdom - they sent us Carlos with VIP USA he was amazing and our form of transportation to get us to and from the parks and to and from shopping for the next 10 days- he told me that I could give out his phone number which is (407)529-5032. He was a very kind person and very prompt and was very available to us throughout our Orlando Experience. Our family stayed in two one bedroom adjoining condos in the 400 building which overlooked the gym and an outdoor heated pool with a hot tub (also had gas BBQs for the guests to use - very convenient). The big room had a big kitchen table, living room with a window seat a pull out queen size sofa, TV, king size bed in the bedroom and another TV, a jetted tub, a huge shower, washer and dryer, dishwasher, patio with doors leading from the bedroom and from the living room. The second condo was smaller with one bedroom with a queen bed and a TV, a standard washroom, washer and dryer, kitchen, living room with a pull out sofa bed, TV and a patio .... we had all of the conveniences of home. The Liki Tiki Village is loaded with many things to do - they had children entertainment, as well as family entertainment if you are looking for it. Some of the things that are offered at the Liki Tiki are an arcade 3 pools, waterpark, BBQs, beach, mini golf, playground, paddle boats (with real turtles in the lake), bikes, deck shuffle board, waterpark, hot tubs, spa, organized activities for the whole family to participate in. There is not an on site place to shop for anything but there is a 7-11 which is a 5 minute walk from the main gate or you can take Carlos' shuttle to Walmart for less than $20.00/direction. All of the reviews that I had read said that you have to book a rental car if you want to stay at the Liki Tiki - I priced out a rental car and price compared what we spent on shuttles vs the rental car, toll fees, parking fees - and I think that we came out ahead (and we did not get lost once). We spoke to some people that stayed at the resort and they said that they only used their rental car twice in the first week that they were in Orlando - but they still had to pay for the weekly rate to rent the car. There is a small pub style outdoor restaurant beside the water-park which was quite reasonably priced which was nice to see given they had no competition at the resort.
In summary - the Liki Tiki Village has a total resort feel - staying here you would never believe that you were in the hustle and bustle of being in the Orlando area. The staff right from the front desk staff, activities team, lifeguards are amazing - we did not have an ounce of issues at all while we were on site - I would totally recommend for anyone to stay at this property - it was a very fun holiday for all of us.

12  Thank sunworshipperAlberta
diamondresorts, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your experience here at Liki Tiki Village. We are happy to learn you enjoyed the attentive service you received, our on- site activities and amenities, as well as our great location and grounds. Currently, it has not been possible to introduce a convenience store to the premises; however we will look into his option for future plans of renovation and hope you had a change to visit our onsite restaurant for lunch or breakfast. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated by everyone here and we hope you will be able to come back again soon!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Made a reservation on the phone, they charged my card twice. I have spent days trying to get the overcharge back. This should not be happening. Please check you credit card used to make the reservation and make sure it does not happen to you. If it does, they will not assist with their mistake. Reservation manager Austin Madelyn has been of no help and will not return my calls. I have finally disputed the charge and sent a copy of my receipt. I should not have to take the time to do this. BAD MANAGEMENT WITH RESERVATIONS!

Room Tip: Most rooms are out dated. Please request a room that has been remodeled.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank 161mr
diamondresorts, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

We regret to hear of your negative experience with our reservations team. The concerns you brought up are being reviewed to prevent any of our future guests from having the same issue. Upon further research, I was glad to see your account had been refunded within 5 days. That being said, we are sincerely sorry for any inconveniences this may have caused.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Just returned from liki tiki resort. We were given 3 rooms before the finally gave us an upgraded room. Upon check in I was told I was getting an upgraded room in The 1200 building. Although the unit was clean, the carpet smelled musty and it was old.

After checking us into our new room, we were happy with everything except in our unit in the 500 building the phone and internet connection was horrible. Some channels on the tv would not come in clear. Evidently brighthouse does not have good service in that area. I have verizon on my cell phone and I had poor service in our unit. This never happened before.

The weather was cold during the week that I was there and there were no activities on the resort.

There were four of us and the youngest was 18 so we had to find so things to do outside of the liki tiki all week. It served as a motel with a kitchen for us, not my idea of a resort.

I must say in all fairness, anytime I called the front desk we were given the best customer service ever. However when I called to say the tv was not working properly they sent someone right away who said he would come back in a few minutes to reset the tv, we waited up for him and he never came back,

So in my opinion if you have small kids (which we did not) then you might like the liki tiki. They did not have anything for adults or older teenagers to do.

Room Tip: The 500 bldg only if you do not require use of internet and cell.
1  Thank jjohscot
diamondresorts, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

We feel that it is very important for all our guests to enjoy every aspect of their stays with us, especially on your first visit here, your comments regarding your experiences are very important to us. It was deeply upsetting to all of us that your enjoyment of our resort was not as we have intended it to be. At Liki Tiki Village, we understand that carpets need regular cleaning to keep them looking their best and we will forward your feedback on to our housekeeping team for coaching and review. Please be assured that our front desk teams always do their best to accommodate your requests for an upgraded room, when submitted prior to arrival however, requests are just that and cannot be guaranteed at check in. Additionally, we regret to read and apologize if you experienced intermittent internet connectivity while here. We will address this with our third party provider respectively. Finally We are very saddened to read that you missed your change to visit our Liki Tiki Lagoon and activities hut for information on the action galore going on all over the resort. There’s various family fun pool parties, all day pizza and wing madness, Xbox night, basketball hoop action, several arts and crafts workshops, scuba lessons, movie night and the list goes on and on. We really hope you’ll get the opportunity to return, to take advantage of everything the resort has to offer you; we’d love to see you again!

Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Very friendly staff upon arrival, very helpful, the villa we stayed in was very clean and appeared to have been renovated. The only hang up we had was that the resort itself is so far away from everything but we quickly got over that. We will definitely consider staying here again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jamaal D
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I read such wonderful reviews for this hotel. And the idea of a two bedroom, 2 bath room with a kitchen and laundry seemed perfect for my family of 5 while visiting Disney. The other amenities (boats, mini golf, shuffle board, bikes, water park, heated pools) were icing on the cake. And the price was incredibly reasonable.

However, after 15 hours of travel, with 3 exhausted children and two burnt out parents, I wasn't prepared for the timeshare pitch. After checking in, we were told to go across to get our parking pass. The man there told us about the other hotels they own and the option for sitting in on a 90 minute sales pitch. We told him we weren't prepared to commit. He told us that he HAD to sign us up for a time now, but we could reschedule it later. He took a $20 deposit that would be refunded when we went to the presentation. So we agreed.

Once I was back in the room, I got mad. I felt fully taken advantage of. So I googled more reviews and saw this wasn't an uncommon complaint with this hotel (how I missed it the first time, I don't know). I went back down to the front desk and told them that I was uncomfortable with the tactics used and told them I wanted out of the timeshare pitch or we would be leaving immediately. The woman at the desk told me that was run by an entirely different company and I'd have to back to the other desk to handle it. To the man's credit, he refunded our money, tried to sound apologetic that we felt manipulated and that was that. We still got a call the night before to remind us that we were supposed to be there in the morning. We told them we had canceled, and they offered to increase the compensation from $50 to $75 (so if you want to do this, the lesson is be difficult and get paid more). We said no thank you and that was the end of it.

After that, we had a nice stay. The rooms were not fancy but were plenty adequate for our needs and were clean. The staff was pleasant. We went in the off season and the pools were not overly crowded. So, all in all, it was a good visit. But be prepared for the hard sell and know that you can say no.

6  Thank Lisa W
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Just came back from a week long stay at Liki Tiki. Overall had a great stay.

The staff were all pleasant, helpful and very nice when you needed help. We declined partaking in the timeshare pitch and were not pressured at all.

The resort itself was nicely kept. Lots of activities for the little ones. We played mini-golf, rode the paddle boats, the surrey bike etc. Went to the movie night for the kids one of the evenings. There were activities every day that we could do on the days we weren't in the parks.

It was a little on the cooler side the week we were there so we didn't use the water park (it is indeed not heated and quite chilly) so the few days that we went swimming we used one of the heated pools and it was quite nice.

We had asked to be put in one of the upgraded buildings but unfortunately they did not have any rooms available when we checked in. We were instead put in the 1200 building in the back of the resort. While I agree with some other reviews that the older rooms appear a bit worn, they were clean and really big so we had no issues. It was very quiet in this area of the resort. We had a two bedroom so the kids had their own room and bathroom. The whirl pool tub was huge and was great after a long day at the parks. Plus the kids enjoyed it as well and we had no trouble convincing them to have a bath in the big tub. Having the full kitchen was also nice for some quick meals when we didn't want to go out.

Location wise, it's about 10-15 min drive to Disney and 20-25 min to Universal. I would only recommend staying here if you have a car rented for your vacation as not much within walking distance, but there is everything you could need along the 192 in minutes with a car (restaurants, grocery stores, Target Super Store etc.)

Overall it was perfect for the price we paid. If you're expecting a 5 Star resort with immaculate rooms you won't get that. But you're not paying 5 Star Resort prices. On the flip side you're getting more than you're typical hotel by having separate rooms, full kitchen etc.

I'd definitely stay here again.

4  Thank T0mmyJK