“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
hudsonville michigan
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Rented a condo over the Christmas holiday. This place was a nice place to stay, it has 3 pool areas, tennis courts,mini golf, has a snack bar and waterpark for kids, has wave pool tropical theme. Condos are laid out nice they are stand alone but walls are thin you can hear everything going on outside, people talking, has upstairs with masterbedroom and masterbath. It has 1 separate bedroom upstairs also, has a balcony that is shared with both bedrooms. It also has a screened porch before you go into condo. Be careful if you go outside to not let the door shut behind you, unless you have door key. Door automatically locks behind you. It has a living room and kitchen the couch in the living room convert into a bed also, has a bathroom downstairs. They have 2 other pools that are heated.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (596)
  • Finnish first
Wheatfield, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

We spent 8 days over President's Day week at the Liki tiki with our 6 and 9 year old sons and my 77 year old mother. I have been reading reviews for months and couldn't wait to get home and write my own! First of all, we will never stay anywhere else again. I have to admit I was nervous after reading some of the reviews, but when I put it in perspective now, 90% are very good to excellent, and some people, well, you just can't make some people happy, and sometimes things may go wrong. That being said, the only thing I can say negative about this place is that the elevator in our building was squeaky, and actually, I jokingly mentioned it to one of the workers we were on the elevator with and the next afternoon it was quiet! As far as the Timeshare thing, we were directed over to the service desk when I asked if I could buy Disney tix there. The Timeshare saleswoman said I could only buy them IF we agreed to the timeshare presentation, which I did not. She did get a little pushy and said "well, if you want to pay more for your tickets at the gate, go ahead". I did not like this, and in fact I paid $4 less per ticket at the gate lol, but in reality, she is a salesperson just doing her job. When I started to feel aggravated, I simply realized that I'm a grown up with legs and said I'm not interested and walked away. Noone is going to chase you lol. We were not approached again. We were in Building 1300, 5th floor, as I had requested an updated room and was told the ones closest to the pool/lagoon area are a little more worn since they are almost exclusively rented by families. Good point. I was worried that we would be far away from the action - but that couldn't have been further from the truth! In a 2 minute walk across the parking lot and the short path through the 600-900 buildings - we were at Shipwreck Sallies and the water-slide/kiddie pool area. A 1 minute walk through there led you to the lagoon. And another 2 minute walk and we were at the heated pool near the 100-200 villas. We spent most of our time at this pool as the kiddie pool was very cold; it is simply so big and the evenings are still chilly so even though it IS heated, it never warms up at this time of year. Everyone was very friendly, including the "owners". We were able to get a table or lounge chairs every time. Our room was a 2 BR, 2 bath condo and it was spotless and quiet. The kitchen was fully equipped and after a (not-so-quick) trip to Walmart, we were set for the week. My kids LOVED the jaccuzi tub and sat in it every night. Even my mom got in! In fact, they couldn't wait to get home from the parks to go in it! We spent 3 days at the Disney Parks, but cut each day short because we wanted to be back at the resort. I have been told I can be difficult to please (I disagree, I just expect people to do their jobs :), so I was so excited that everything here was as presented on the Liki Tiki website. The entire staff was friendly, from the room cleaners to the maintenance staff to the lifeguards to the bar/restaurant staff at Shipwreck Sallies. Speaking of which, we ate lunch there twice during our pool days and found the prices to be comparable to Applebees, and the portions were very generous (leftover generous). I have no idea what people are talking about when they say the Liki Tiki is far away from anything. It is right off a main strip and you are within a mile of all kinds of stores and souvenir shops. Disney is literally 10 minutes up the highway. There WAS construction that slowed us down a little bit when we traveled at peak times, but that happens everywhere and is unavoidable, especially when you travel during their "winter" which is when they do these things . I was worried about the weather in February. It was outstanding - high 60's/low 70's the first few days, then well into the eighties for the whole week M-F. When you're coming from Buffalo, that's paradise! We cannot WAIT to go back, and although I built in 3 full days at the resort, we never even got to the miniature golf and paddle boats because the pool area was so outstanding! Next trip I will build in even more days. Our trip will revolve around the Liki Tiki and we will skip the parks. And I got a great deal! Using the online sites - I paid $99 a night (for a 2 BR CONDO!) and a pre-disclosed $13 a day resort fee. I can't get a regular room at a Holiday Inn express for that price! I haven't even mentioned how wonderful it was having a washer and dryer! We are hoping to get a block of rooms next year and to bring my siblings and their families as well. I always joke that bad luck follows us, which it seems to in things like this, so I want to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone at Liki Tiki for giving us such a wonderful experience on our long awaited vacation!

2 Thank Mary M
Cambridge, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

We have been here three times before but the changes this time are nothing short of WOW! The resort was at capacity when we checked in so the condo was not ready yet. We watched the front desk staff deal with each family in a friendly, patient way. I know the staff arrive around 6:30 in the morning and at 4:00 p.m. the day staff was still at the front desk helping to get everyone settled into their accommodations. The remodeled units and upgraded activity areas are what you would expect from a Diamond Resort and we were not disappointed. The friendliness of everyone from security, maintenance, housekeeping and groundskeepers made us feel very welcome. As two senior couples traveling together we appreciated all of the things to do and no cockroaches like at the resort we just left. We spent some time at shipwreck Sally's restaurant and bar and watched the children playing in the waterpark. We played miniature golf and used the paddle boats on the lagoon. We watched children and father's fish off the pier and BBQ'd at the pool right in front of our building. I have nothing negative to say about our stay here and it was a great finish to our month visit to Florida.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

This hotel is good. The rooms are condo style with kitchen and living area. Service is good but there is no daily housekeeping. The water park is not heated but it is a good place for kids to enjoy. There are two pools that are heated in case you do not travel in the summer. There is a washer machine in the condo that you can use to wash towels, clothes, etc. My wife and two kids 3 and 4 years old stayed for 4 nights and had a good time. Actually, they offered me discount ticket to Disney Parks if I attend one of the sessions they have for showing the resort and timeshare opportunities. Of course, the hotel holds $20 and the company that gives you the tickets $80 in case you do not attend to the presentation. You do get reimbursed after attending the sessions. Be careful, that presentation of the timeshare is a sale of the condos. They say it takes about an hour an a half but it takes almost 3 hours. Be ready because they push for the sale and try to convince you. As long as you say at the end that you are not interested , you will be safe. We did not have anything to do so those 3 hours were not that bad and we did not buy anything. Overall, the place is nice because the kids had a place to play and enjoy. I definitely would come back since the place is nice and price is reasonable.

Room Tip: Make reservations by phone and request at the time of reservation a room overlooking the pool or lak...
1 Thank Jacc305
diamondresorts, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Many thanks for your comments and location tips you agreed to share with your fellow travellers and our potential future guests, we hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future!
West Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Upon arrival I was like okay nice very nice, but of course spoke way too soon first I was in the line for over 40 minutes then they had a staff member keep telling me to move over here no over here could you move over here I felt like I was in a Dr. Seuss book. So finally I get to the counter and boom they don't have my reservation which I received two confirmation from my email one from the booking agent and another from the booking agent saying that the hotel has received my reservation then I was told by staff member it takes them two days to process it sometimes but I explained to him so why did they let me book it online for the following day if that is the process, but of course no answer he did not know so I called the booking agent and the booking agent called the hotel because the booking agent says they sent them a confirmation email that states that they have my reservation then they wanted to make me a new reservation meanwhile to my far right corner it's a lady who they lost have a reservation she made her reservation six months ago which I heard her state she has lost a day of vacation she has been fussing with them two days over the phone about this and have room still was not made available right away I do believe they left because she was furious. So finally 30 minutes after the reservation got my keys to the condo but before I left the Lobby I did catch a deal on another vacation package for these three nights 4days at the diamond resorts for 149$ and it gives u like 6 different choices like California Hawaii Las Vegas Orlando and a couple other places pretty good deal oh I was happy about that but once again happiness is soon cut short The pools that are supposed to be heated were not really heated they were cold my child didn't want to get in the water The hot tub was so hot it could've burnt your foot off lol all the games were basically broke in the arcade Game room whatever they want to call it by the way it's only five games and one air hockey table now once I finally go into the condo everything is pretty much clean I will admit until I get into the master bedroom due to the toilet is in its own corner like a small tiny closet it's blocked off from the rest of the bathroom it's really like you're in a closet that little box reeks of old Urine The grounds and the property was well-maintained also but the people on the golf carts there are a bit much they zoom thru the parking lot all day and all night their little shipwrecks sally restaurant no and that's all going to say no to that thank God at check out the girl told me that they're going under new management somebody need to fix it up because it has the potential of being a great place to be it is beautiful scenery A nice set up it could be more organized so you don't spend your whole vacation checking in

Room Tip: Ask them if the toilet is in the closet!!!!! Lol serious it matters
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

My family arrived at this property only to discover a lobby full of 15-20 people waiting to be placed at another property as their rooms (as well as mine) were given to other patrons. All of us had PAID RESERVATIONS booked through third party sites. When they could not find another property with availability they gave some of us other rooms on the property which were apparently reserved for the guests checking in the following day. This was disturbing as they were simply repeating the cycle of giving away other people's rooms rather than fixing the issue. Due to the fact that it was late and I was traveling with a small child I agreed to stay for that night. They authorized a $100 fee for incidentals in which at check out they stated may not be refunded for 2-4 weeks. On top of this issue I discovered that the rooms had old filty carpet which gives off a smell. You can tell that they attempted to deodorize the carpet but to no avail. My child has allergies so we cut our stay at Liki Tiki Tacky short and booked another property for the remainder of our weekend at Disney. Not a "resort" but an old apartment complex that could use more renovations. The tubs are old and stained w/ peeling caulking. Otherwise this place is what you would expect from an old apartment complex that you would turn down if you were in the market to rent. The water park seemed nice but we were so eager to leave the property that we didn't partake in any activities there. I guess you get what you pay for. It's cheap for a reason. From my understanding overbooking breaches the contract between the hotel and the third party provider. If you experience anything like this please let the booking site know immediately and hopefully they will help. Pure nightmare!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Renae H
diamondresorts, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during our overbooking at Liki Tiki Village. We experienced a system issue where our rooms were deemed available and ready for use. In fact they were rooms we had closed off for upgrades and refurbishing. Our team members are trained in crisis recovery and are empowered to find solutions for our guests’ needs. They dedicated themselves in finding space for all affected guests, even if it meant working overtime. When relocation was not readily available, team members worked together to clean the unavailable rooms and make them accessible for the evening. We apologize for your experience and I hope you will give us another opportunity to showcase the true experience Liki Tiki Village can offer you and your family.
Dryden, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

The facility was about average. We are not owners or timeshare but guests . There are three swimming pools, none very large for what the capaicty of Liki Tiki... Two of the smaller pools are heated, the largest pool that is set up for the kids to enjoy is not, water was very cool, no surprise all the kids were at the other pools. We did have a major concern with our room, the fridge was in a state of not being useable.... it reaked of rotten meat... after three calls, cleaners came to wipe it down but this didnt work, by morning it was just as bad... the front desk did arrange then to have the fridge exchanged from another room. There is a mini golf to enjoy but was not available in the evenings which was again another disappointment, same with the basketball court. Regular cleaning of the mini golf was not done, guests had to clean off the course if they wanted nice "greens". As well, our room door entrance, the card/door latch was loose, screws inside were not tight, this wasnt fixed during our stay. Overall though, we would consider another visit there. Another disappoint is the Resort Fee that is added onto the rental fee for the week,,,, is not necessary, as we stayed at three other resorts and no resort fees for use of wireless internet, phone, parking, etc.... This alone would likely turn us away. Every one has their experiences, this was ours.... give it a rating of 3/5.....

Room Tip: Time share experience was interesting. They say the session runs 90-120 minutes, ours ran 4 hours a...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family