“Excellent all around”

Ranked #25 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
bangor, me
“Excellent all around”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed for only one night and I will definitely come back. After booking through a 3rd party site, I called to request an updated room (for medical reasons) and they were able to book it without issue. We stayed in the 400 building 1br. Unit. The kids area was not heated and our 2yo wanted nothing to do with the cold water but loved the other heated pools. I think we will come back after it warms up a bit more since we are local.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ryjay7887

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (613)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed 2 March 2014

My husband, myself and our 17 month old daughter stayed at liki tikki village for 5 days and absolutely loved our time there.
When we first arrived our room was beside a very noisy family and the front desk within minutes of me calling to ask what they could do had a new room for us. They offered to help with the move as well as have my entire family a voucher for a free lunch and the resort restaurant.
We have stayed at many different resorts in the orlando area and this one was by far the best for families, Soo much to do you don't even have to leave!
We will definitely be coming back and would recommend this resort to anyone!

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Rukah2012
Hudson, NH
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We just returned from a week at Liki Tiki staying in a friend's timeshare. Upon arrival, we were not able to get the friend's timeshare, without a reason given by front desk. We were given a room in the 800 building. The room was in good proximity to the kids pool, and had a nice view. The bedrooms were ok, I liked that the 2nd bedroom had 2 double beds instead of the 2 twins I was expecting. The washer and dryer were in great working order, and the kitchen/bathrooms were generally clean.The room had an awful moldy smell, was worn, with FILTHY dirty carpeting. We only wore socks in the room on arrival and never again since they were black after 45 minutes in the room. Totally gross. I never allowed my children to put any items on the floor for the whole week. The internet was spotty at best, and expect to log in with access code every 24 hours as it "times out". We had internet from sun-wed, but after that nothing. I called the front desk and was directed to Brighthouse to get the problem resolved but after 1 hour on the phone, they wanted to send out a tech to assist if I could be available from 10-2p in the unit. No thanks, internet is not worth wasting my vacation time. The kids pool was great fun, and the lifeguards really deserve a lot of praise. We saw them jump in to rescue children at least 10 times during our weeklong stay. The kids club was also a plus, and we enjoyed the food at shipwreck sally's a couple of times. We rode the Surrey bikes, and took a paddle boat which could've used new pedals, since they kept slipping. The mini golf was ok, but there were "water hazards" in the course in which the water was algae infested, and didn't want to retrieve our ball if it went in there. We frequented the heated pool near the townhouses, but it had a "salty" taste to the water, which makes me wonder why... Overall, I would not recommend this hotel to our friends/family.

Room Tip: Apparently refurbished rooms are really nice.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
diamondresorts, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback. Our rooms offer guests spacious accommodations equipped with a living room, dining area, fully-equipped kitchen, comfortable beds, and washer and dryer. The ease of access to on-site, as well as off–site entertainment has become a convenience we are pleased to offer our guests here at Liki Tiki Village.
We regret to hear of your dissatisfaction with your room’s housekeeping. This certainly is unusual of our resort and we sincerely apologize for any frustrations this may have caused you during your stay. That being said, your concerns have been forwarded on to our housekeeping manager to look into this promptly and ensure your room is brought to the standard our guests are expecting for their getaway.
As our internet is serviced through a third party provider, we are more than happy to contact our provider on behalf of our guests when there is a resort wide issue. Our resort’s current policy is that if your individual device is experiencing difficulties, we would rather you interact with them directly, in order to address your issue more efficiently. We apologize if your problems with setting up the internet caused any inconveniences; however, we are currently working on a network upgrade through Bright House Networks, in hopes of eliminating any issues for future guests.
Our resort is glad to provide guests with an option of 2 heated pools or our exciting Liki Tiki Lagoon. We are happy to hear your family took advantage of those, as well as our delightful Shipwreck Sally’s Bar and Grill and our other family friendly recreational activities. Our readily trained Life guards will be thrilled to hear you took notice of their diligent efforts to keep all visiting guests’ safety concerns at ease.
Our Tropical themed mini golf is a great way to enjoy a fun filled afternoon. Rest assured that our water traps on this course are treated regularly; however, since they are in a natural stone environment, they will not be as clear as they would be in other man-made and maintained small bodies of water like a pool.
If you do change your mind, we truly hope that you will allow us the opportunity to provide you with a much more pleasant stay.
Washington, D.C.
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed at Liki Tiki for just a handful of days at the end of our extended vacation, but we wished we had stayed here the entire time. We really liked the amenities at the resort, yet it's compact enough to allow the kids to wander without worry. Here are some details:

The location:
On the west end of the ever-expanding US-192 highway. While it feels like it's a long way from Disney World, it's important to know that if you're driving to Disney, take a left turn on Black Lake Road (just past the Super Target), and you'll get to the back entrance near the Animal Kingdom in about 6-8 minutes from leaving the resort. If you're planning on going to Universal, this place might be a bit of a hike, but it's great for Disney access.

More important, Liki Tiki is not directly on US-192, so we drove right past the entrance road when searching for it. While a bit tricky to find the first time, you'll enjoy the fact that you don't have the constant hum of traffic at all hours.

The resort:
We go to Orlando at least once a year (for the past 8+ years) and we stay in various time share properties. This resort is now one of our favorites! It is broken into 3 main areas, but everything is pretty compact compared to some of the sprawling resorts in the area. No need for shuttles to get to the amenities, you can just walk for about 5 minutes at most to get wherever you need on-site.

We stayed in the "north" village, which has your more typical time share towers. We were also just north of the Lagoon/water park. The Lagoon is a really comprehensive entertainment area with the following:
- Water park with slides, zero-entry pool, splash features (and lifeguards). Keep in mind because of the slides and the lifeguards this closes at dusk and is not lit. We were there in February so it closed early in the day. Also it did not appear to be heated.
- Right next to the water park is the little kids pool. This has a nice, covered sundeck that overlooks the actual lagoon.
- With all of this is their outdoor bar. They have a wide variety of drink specials and daily/nightly entertainment, and is a gathering place for a lot of folks.
- Leave the water park area over a wooden bridge and you're right onto a sandy beach with lounge chairs and a fire pit. This is also where a nice little mini-golf course (lit at night) and kids playground resides. You can also rent paddleboats here and cruise around the lagoon area; it's a good way to spend 30-45 minutes.

When the sun sets and the water park closes, you can easily walk a few minutes to one of the other heated pools that are lit.

The resort also has surrey bike rentals, tennis courts, and basketball courts. It's all easily reached by foot.

The only thing to note is the $10/day resort fee. It covers wi-fi and the use of all these amenities, so we didn't have any additional rental fees. If you use any of the stuff on the resort (which you should), this isn't a huge fee to pay.

The rooms:
We had a two-bedroom condo for our crew of 6, and it worked very well. Ours was not updated, and while it was showing some wear on the kitchen cabinets and the carpet, it was still much better than most hotels. Everything was clean and well-functioning.

The master bedroom had the large spa tub and separate shower, and the second bathroom was a typical tub/shower combo. For those with younger children, the standard tub is a really nice feature to give the little ones baths. Try giving baths in a roman tub and you'll get what I mean.

A nice, subtle feature was that the rooms not only had blinds on the windows, but also curtains. Why the significance? When trying to nap or stay asleep after the sun rises (in the summer), it's nice to have curtains that keep the sun out and the room dark.

Also having a full-sized washer and dryer was very helpful after days with sunscreen or kids playing in sand/mud. It's also nice to get back home from vacation without having to do every last piece of laundry.

We heard little to no noise from those living next to or above us, and the floors felt really solid to help keep the noise down. Also, carpeting helps with noise abatement.

Finally, we saw that this resort is now owned by Diamond Resorts. We have stayed at several Diamond-owned resorts and know that they are going to be improving the units very quickly, as others are mentioning here. I'd feel comfortable knowing that things will be improving on the room finishes, but as I said, they were perfectly fine.

Overall:
We really enjoyed the abundance of amenities here, and the compactness that allowed us to get to all of it within a few minutes of walking. We will look to stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: If you want a bit more quiet, request a room not facing the lagoon.
2 Thank NateS-DC
East Concord, New York
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed here in April 2001, and again in October 2013. We love it so much, we are going again in April 2014.

Our last stay in October of 2013 we stayed in the 1100 building. Quiet, yet convenient to the water lagoon. The kids liked the heated pools at night after a long day at Disney. The adults enjoyed the hot tub after walking all day. The units do need a bit of updating, but are clean, and the kids LOVED how comfy the beds were. The only negative is the couch. The couch is scratchy and ugly, but we didn't really go all the way to Orlando to spend much time on the couch. lol. Our unit did not have a frying pan, and of course, I didn't notice until I went to make breakfast our first morning there! A call to guest services and we had a brand new frying pan (still in the plastic!) delivered to our unit with 10 minutes! It's super convenient to have the washer and dryer too. I washed all our clothes before we left, and came home with NO dirty laundry.

We played mini golf, rode the surrey bikes, and walked the whole complex. We didn't do the paddle boats, but plan to when we go in April. We didn't get a chance to do any of the kid's activities either. That's the problem when you do Disney......there's not much time to do much else!

There is a Publix close to the resort. To save money we made a big breakfast at the resort before exploring Disney everyday. We put water bottles in the freezer the night before, then in the morning I made sandwiches/subs, and put the frozen water bottles and food in a backpack, and that was our lunch and drinks while at Disney. Disney prices are ridiculous, so this saved a ton of money. We did eat dinner out every night. I thought the restaurants along 192 were a bit pricey. I'm sure due to the touristy area, they raise their prices. We did order the stuffed pizza from Giordiano's (look for the menu in the binder that's in the room). Literally the best pizza ever! So having the full kitchen and being able to pack lunches was so worth it.

Anyway, I would recommend this resort. We love Liki Tiki, and can't wait to go back again, and again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Diane H
NY
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed at this resort during Presidents week in February. We are a family of 4 (2 boys ages 5 & 7). First of all, I would've given this resort a 3 start rating, but I decided to give it a 4 star due to their customer service. There are pros and cons about the stay we had at this resort. I would explain all. First of all when we booked, I asked for an updated renovated room. Then I called twice a week before I arrived to confirm. They did tell me that they cannot guarantee me an upgraded room. So of course, when I arrived I didn't have an updated room at all. The room was old, outdated, and worse part....it smelled. It smelled of mildew. Since we got to the resort late after traveling so long with kids we just wanted to sleep. The next day I told them I couldn't take the smell in the room (1300 building). They told me the resort was full and they would see what they can do. They did send someone to our room to spray it. They guy came and sprayed this very strong berry spray and put it in the A/C unit. It smelled so strong....I had to leave the room. My sinuses were burning and my sons allergies were starting. He was sneezing like crazy. I couldn't stay in that room any longer. I called the front desk again and they still told me that they would see what they can do. So, a couple of hours later they finally called me and said they have an upgraded room to check it out. Let me tell you.....this new room was worth the stay. I heard that the rooms in the 400 building were just for the Timeshare Owners, but they were able to get one for us. There was no smell, they kitchen had granite countertops, there was a king size bed, jacuzzi tub...etc. Hopefully they will renovate all rooms to look like this. I was happy that customer serivce really came through for us. There were lots of activities for the kids too....all with a nominal charge. The pools were very nice and clean. The waterpark was very very cold. They say its heated, but its very cold. The kiddie pool needs some updating and repainting. The pools at the villas are nice and heated. I like the fact that there are lifeguards at the water park too. I saw them save a couple of kids there. They also have mini golf, paddle boats (which we didn't do because they said there are 4 alligators in the lake), fishing etc. We did do the Timeshare tour to save on ticket prices. I must say, they weren't pushy but they went wayyyy over the 90 minutes. Funny thing is, one of the model rooms they took us to, one of them had a smell to it and they were renovated rooms!! Even the Salesman noticed it too!! Also, if you do the timeshare tour, don't go with the first offer they give you. They keep talking us down and offering us all sorts of things even though we said no. I must say, that we had a nice stay due to the customer service, the activities and our new room. But it was a big pain to repack everything with 2 kids in tow to go to another room. Also, all of our clothes and things smelled of berries. The smell from the first room got me and my son sick with allergies and sinuses problems. That was the only thing that really put a damper on my trip.
One more thing, Diamond International recently brought this resort since the resort was going to go into bankruptcy. They still have a lot of updating to do. Hopefully they can bring this resort to a TRUE 4 star resort. There is potential!!!

Room Tip: Book the 400 Building. Its not worth it to vacation at this resort if you get an old room. Stay aw...
2 Thank c143n_123
diamondresorts, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for your comments and some of the constructive criticism you agreed to share. We truly hope that you had a pleasant say regardless some of the issues you may have encountered. We hope to see you coming back in the future, yet until then we wish you safe travels!
hudsonville michigan
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Rented a condo over the Christmas holiday. This place was a nice place to stay, it has 3 pool areas, tennis courts,mini golf, has a snack bar and waterpark for kids, has wave pool tropical theme. Condos are laid out nice they are stand alone but walls are thin you can hear everything going on outside, people talking, has upstairs with masterbedroom and masterbath. It has 1 separate bedroom upstairs also, has a balcony that is shared with both bedrooms. It also has a screened porch before you go into condo. Be careful if you go outside to not let the door shut behind you, unless you have door key. Door automatically locks behind you. It has a living room and kitchen the couch in the living room convert into a bed also, has a bathroom downstairs. They have 2 other pools that are heated.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family