“Excellent until car was hit in the parking lot and staff was anything but helpful for it.”
Review of Liki Tiki Village

Liki Tiki Village
Ranked #22 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I decided to spend my spring break here with my sister and her family of 6. Everything was great here. We even paid double what we paid a night just to stay 1 more night. However, when we were leaving to go to Disney World with all the cars and kids packed, I noticed someone hit my brand new car. It was a hit and run in the parking lot. When I spoke to security about it they said they didn't have cameras in the parking lots. Someone at the front desk said different. I couldn't get a straight answer out of anyone. Then, they say I can file a police report. A guy at the front desk was reluctant to call police for me, but did. I got disconnected with the fhp and when I asked for the number he said just call 911. The 911 operator yells at me for calling that number and tells me there was a different number I was SUPPOSED to call. On top of it all, the police do not come out to a "private property ". This resort handled things so poorly. We were planning on coming back here with family and friends, but I don't feel safe here. I left early because of it. Horrible.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank beautyremains08
diamondresorts, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
We appreciate the time you took to share your experience and truly regret not only that this incident occurred during your stay with us, but that you felt we could have done better to handle the situation. Our security officer that spoke to you was patrolling in the area when you stopped him to report what had occurred. We assure our guests that while we are a park at your own risk facility, our new management company has every interest in ensuring our guests security with our patrolling officers that ensure guests well-being and safety. We highly encourage guests’ to fill out an incident report while here so that so important facts are not forgotten and so we may investigate the nature of the issue further and regret that you did not take this opportunity. We were, however, happy we could provide you with a way to file a report online once you return home, if you would still like to do so. While we cannot alter what has transpired, we appreciate your feedback as it is a valuable tool in improving the guest experience and will use it to further coach on what we can do to protect our guests' personal possessions. If you are willing to give us another chance, we are extremely confident that your next stay with us will be much more enjoyable and even exceed your expectations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (605)
  • Finnish first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I will keep this brief- Booked through a "Coupon deal site" (Problem is not with them).
Arrived -..overbooked by FORTY ROOMS...WHAT??? The front desk manager Yhuldri took NO responsibility!! And then said we were being sent to a place that had all the same amenities, except one slide...HA!
Sent down the street to a neighborhood condo complex with a pool and hot tub. (just like the one we live in!! SOME "GETAWAY")
Told we could come and use amenities at LTV.
You have to be 18 to ride a bike or a paddle boat!! WHAT? (we drive at 16 in Fla.) Also told they need closed toed shoes!! (in Florida..on a 16 yr old girl..HA!)

I could go on, but won't. LTV ruined what was supposed to be a very special 2 day get away!

Please, don't waste your time, your energy, your peace of mind. There are way too many places in Orlando to stay! Pay attention to the negative reviews!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

4 Thank janine b
diamondresorts, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
We are sorry to read that you gave us such a poor rating although we truly understand why given you had to be relocated to a comparable resort. As our location is often in extremely high demand because of our fun for the whole family atmosphere, great location and unsurpassable customer service, we found ourselves at the edge of room inventory at the time of your arrival. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience. We agree we could have done better at in ensuring the accommodations we provided you with met your family’s needs and are
disappointed to read you experienced any dissatisfaction while visiting our activities center here. Regretfully, strict liability laws prevent us from allowing minors under the age of 18 to use the surrey bikes without signed parental consent (waiver). Additionally, all guests must wear closed toed shoes on the surrey bikes to prevent injuries from occurring. If you are willing to give us another chance, we are extremely confident that your next stay with us will be much more enjoyable and even exceed your expectations.
Penna
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I provided a positive review after our experience last year. This year we made reservations in January for our mid-March trip. We arrived after a delayed flight with a starving, tired child and after 30 minutes at the reservation desk - they didn't have ANY 2-br suite for us. They offered a 1 br instead - uh... yeah. Okay.

So they put us in 2 - 1 br suites apart from each other. The next day I had to switch to a different unit. We were disrupted by the housekeeping staff in the morning who didn't get the memo that we didn't leave before 9 because we had just arrived. When it was time to move to the other unit, I waited 20 minutes in the lobby just to exchange keys.

The administration was very poor. The activities staff didn't show up to do things with kids - at one point my son asked to do an activity (at the scheduled time) and the staff member told him "no one is doing this".

Disappointment considering we thought we'd found our annual getaway destination until the youngest in our family is a bit older. Also, the road construction giong on in the vicinity this year is TERRIBLE. Plan for delays the whole trip coming and going.

Room Tip: We were in a townhouse this year (on purpose). The high rises are much more newer/cleaner.
2 Thank Jen B
diamondresorts, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate it when guests take the time to share because it assists us in our endeavors towards achieving consistent, caring and excellent service standards. We’re dismayed to learn that you had an issue with our activities center. We rarely receive anything but praise on our attentive and friendly team members and the many on-site activities we offer daily. Our variety of amenities, including a water park, for the whole family and comforts of home we provide like washers & dryers and Whirlpool Jet Tub help make us a favorite vacation destination for families. We would very much like the opportunity to have your family as a guest again at our resort so that we may have another opportunity to give you the best vacation experience possible.
Sanford, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I am so glad this is the location my family decided for a much awaited gathering. Our 2 bd/2ba was immaculate. The kitchen was equipped with everything needed from baking pan to a blender to a spatula. All you need is the grocery which I was able to buy from a 24 hr walmart located about 3 miles away! We had to take a few days to enjoy all the amenities. The putt-putt, tennis, basketball, all the different pools, the playground, and the Surrey bikes were all nice and clean. So much to do. There was not much need for a television because we were moving the whole time we were there. Everyone in my group had an excellent time. If I have any complaint it would be the length of the hot water in the shower could have lasted a little longer. But when you have the jacuzzi tub available why take a shower. Upon entry to our room my 3 yr old fell cause he was so excited. He had my new Galaxy S3 cellphone in his hand, it shattered but I could not stay upset upon entry to the property. Liki Tiki took all of my sadness away.

Room Tip: We stayed in the two story builings with a heated jacuzzi and large pool directly behind it
3 Thank Fivehearts1love
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We traded our timeshare for this place. Our timeshare has listed it as a higher quality place. We arrived and was told of a $10 / day fee to use the facility. IWe were not aware of this fee. You can not check in until 4pm and check out is at 10 am. But we were STILL charged for those days. The waterpark area is closed at 7pm! I think they do not want to pay lifeguards to stay open later. The water in the waterpark area was not heated and very cold. Our check in was ok. The gal did not tell us anything other than the $10 fee. She talked very fast and directed us to the timeshare table. We declined a tour. We did not know really anything about what was available at the resort. We did find later a schedule of activities for the kids. The activities was an additional charge! I think they are using the fee to generate a good income because it was not being used on the facitilites. After being directed to the building, we were not told what floor the unit was on. We finally figured out it was on the 4th floor of building 600. Our unit had enough room in it. The bathroom was very outdated. The sink and cabinet were quite low. The cabinet looked like from the 70s. The doors didn't shut properly. The tile was cracked in a number of places. The corners on the floor were in disrepair. They looked dirty because of the disrepair. There was only one small towel bar to dry towels. The ceiling in the bedroom and the living room/dining area had long, large cracks in a number of places. The kitchen does NOT look anything like the photos. It was old. We did not have potholders, towels, or even the sink stopper. The refrigerator had a used water pitcher that we had to clean. The pullout bed mattress also had seen better days. We only had 1 extra pillow for the pullout bed. The sheets really didn't fit the pullout beds and continually came off. We each had 1 pool towel. We had to use the same towel each day. There was 1 time to trade for clean ones. They said you can wash yourself! So, if you are swimming used your towel, then swam again, you had a wet towel to dry yourself. The large pool was dirty. My husband without his glasses could see junk floating in it. My daughters commented on how dirty it was. I had hair go across my legs. YUCK! We left that pool and went to the one by our unit. That one was much cleaner. The food was decent at the waterpark area. The bartenders were not that friendly. They acted as if you should know where everything was and how it worked for the food. They did not have enough life preservers by the pond for the paddle boats. My daughter who is 9 and very skinny, had to use an adult one. The location was not bad. Not to far from Disney. The people on the whole were friendly. We will not be coming back. The location is what saving it from a 1. When we were coming back, a Comfort Inn had a better bathroom and bed set up than here.

10 Thank J D
diamondresorts, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are truly sorry to hear that you have not been fully satisfied with your stay here. We would like to take this opportunity to advise that many of our rooms are currently being refurbished; however we are trying to keep the resort operational. We regret that on this occasion you have stayed in a room scheduled for refurbishment; however we would like to advise that we do believe these are suitable for guest occupation and are indeed occupied every week with very few issues raised. Nevertheless, we of course sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Additionally, we apologize for any communication shortfalls you encountered with regards to our resort fee. It is truly regrettable if this policy was not property conveyed to you during your reservation booking or at check in. The intention of our resort fee is to bundle the most widely utilized and requested resort amenities and offer them to our guests at one convenient low price. As we never want a guest to leave with a negative impression of our resort, we sincerely hope that you would be willing to give us another chance to make a better impression on you in the future. We hope to regain your faith in our resort through our diligent efforts.
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We were looking forward to returning to Liki Tiki Village after a pleasant stay there a few years ago. We had even recommended this resort to friends based on our past positive experience. We exchanged our home timeshare for a week at Liki Tiki, and wishing to spend a few extra days, called and asked if we could purchase 3 extra nights at the beginning of our exchange week. We were told that they did not yet have our confirmation from Interval International, but as soon as they did, they would link the two reservations to allow us to stay in the same 2 bedroom unit for the entire 10 days. We called three more times before our arrival, hoping that our Interval confirmation had been processed, and each time were told they did not yet have it, but that a note was made, and not to worry. Three days before our departure, I received a call from Diamond Resorts International, "confirming our reservation" and attempting to schedule us to attend a timeshare tour during our stay. I explained that we had already made plans for the duration of our vacation, and that we were not interested in a tour of the resort. When we arrived at the resort at 1:00 am after a weather delay on our flight to Orlando, the guard at the security gate did not have our name on the check-in list. He directed us to the main office, where we were turned away due to overbooking. They sent us to the Summer Bay resort next door, where we spent 3 nights, and then had to pack up our things and return to Liki Tiki for the next 7 nights for our timeshare exchange. This was extremely inconvenient as we had to throw away all of our perishable groceries since we had to check out of Summer Bay in the morning, and check in to Liki Tiki later in the day. Our two floor townhouse style unit at the Liki Tiki was in need of updating, the TVs were older, and the only flat screen TV in the living room was quite small. The floors creaked and our unit overlooked the basketball court where we were kept awake by yelling kids until 1:00 am. Upon our second attempt to check-in for our 7 night stay, we were sent to a room that was already occupied by other guests. Returning to the front desk we were told unapologetically that they wrote the wrong unit number on our map. There was a bag of dirty laundry left in our entryway for 3 days until we called to ask to have it removed. I could continue, but trust me, there are many other better choices of accommodations in the Orlando area.

Room Tip: The one-floor units are much more updated than the townhouses, if you are staying here, try to be bo...
Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Kkkkelly
Thank you for your review. We assure you it is never our intention to interrupt a guests’ stay and we truly regret not being able to accommodate you here for the entire duration of your stay. While we understand that some of the units require updating, we are planning additional updates to the property for next year. However, we are sorry if you did not fully enjoy your stay here. Regarding the noise issue you encountered, should you have notified the front desk our security staff would be more than happy to investigate and address any issues of disturbance or inappropriate behaviors, such as loud play. While we want all our guests to enjoy their stay, we do not want them to do so at the expense of other guests. We hope that you would be willing to give us another chance to make a better impression on you in the future. Your patronage with us is appreciated and we hope that you will consider us again if you re-visit the Winter Garden area again.
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Be warned. If you expect value for your money, nicely decorated or updated rooms and a seamless check in experience, this is not the place for you. After driving for 2 days, with 4 tired kids in tow, we arrived at the Liki Tiki and were told our 2 bedroom, booked well in advance and confirmed, was unavailable. The girl at the front desk explained that the hotel was "overbooked" and that she was going to see what she could do. She left us standing there for 15 minutes and came back to offer us two, one bedroom accommodations at another location!? My husband and I demanded to speak with a manager and we were told he was busy cleaning rooms to help expedite check in... it was 9 pm! We refused to accept the 2, one bedroom rooms offered and low and behold, the illusive manager appeared but not with good news. Our family has traveled extensively and NEVER have we had such difficulty securing a room we booked, confirmed and paid for in advance. We refused to leave the front desk area and were offered a waived resort fee, free drink tickets and lunch for our family at the on site, food shack. Still not placated, the manager miraculously found us our 2 bedroom apartment! We checked into the 600 building, 4th floor and were pleased with the size of the room but not the decor. At this point though, we were happy to put the kids to bed, unpack the groceries and put our feet up. Perhaps that is their technique to have the guests not care so much about the rusted out drains, corroded shower heads, pealing wallpaper and general outdated furniture. They didn't even have an ice machine on site. The grounds are well kept and the pool areas clean. They could use more seating in the pool areas as they are busy and chairs are all taken by early morning. Don't even think about eating at their onsite, near the pool restaurant, as there is no table service, the bartender took our order and the food is really, substandard. The fitness facility is very small and half of the exercises could only be accomplished using one machine and only after which, you had to switch modes. For a resort this size, the fitness room really should be larger and more comprehensive as really, only one person at a time could achieve a work out in this space. The frustrations aside, we managed to settle in, relax and enjoy ourselves only to receive a call, telling us to expect a "dog walk through" the following day, anytime between 9am-5pm to check for mites/pests?! Then, we received another call telling us to expect, anytime between 9am-5pm someone to let him/herself into our room to update the wifi!? Summed up.... Frustrated, inconvenienced and interrupted are the prevailing themes from this stay. We will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Be warned. If you expect value for your money, nicely decorated or updated rooms and a seamless che...
8 Thank Lisa R
diamondresorts, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
We apologize for the challenges encountered during the check-in process, as well as for any shortfalls experienced in your assigned accommodations. Our team members understand how frustrating this must have been for you, as it was a difficult time for us as well. As you are aware, the resort was inadvertently overbooked during the period of your stay. We had a very difficult time finding availability due to the fact it was spring break. Please know that these issues do not accurately reflect our deep commitment to unparalleled service, and will be amended in short order. We hope you’ll give us another opportunity to restore your faith in Liki Tiki Village.