“Best for Kids!!”

Ranked #24 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Chicago, Illinois
“Best for Kids!!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Have to say I was worried after reading reviews, but still booked here because there were more good reviews then bad. I requested a renovated room as they are in the process of renovating all the rooms. Got to the resort at 4:30 on a Saturday and waited in line for about 20 min. Had no problems receiving a renovated room! Was told to get the parking pass at the next counter but asked if I could just get it now as I was not interesedted in a timeshare tour. THIS IS a timeshare resort btw! It was not a problem! We did receive about 4 calls during our week long stay to do a tour but the staff was very nice when we declined. The room was very clean, but small. We had a one bedroom apartment room which is fine if you have 2 adults a 2 small children, If you're kids are older then 10, then you need a bigger room!!! The sofa bed was not good at all, but for two small kids it did just fine! The bedroom had a queen bed and was so small you couldn't move around in it, but again, not there to hang out in the room anyway! Kitchen had everything you need. Washer and Dryer. Bathroom big and clean! We were in the 400 building which is right next to one of the pools. This pool had no life guard but ws open from 7am till midnight and heated. The fitness center is in this area too. The "water park" pool was a short walk. This pool had about 5 lifeguards at any given time. It is not heated but so you really need that anyway? Zero depth was awesome for kids! Slided, awesome!!! There is also a restaurant there with "mommy" drinks! Food was good and ok priced. They did over charge us, but fixed it right away! Miniture golf park and paddle boats right out side the pool area. Pretty nice feature! Everyday had some kind of activity going on for kids too. This resort is about 15 min from downtown Disney. Not bad for the price. Only MAJOR down fall was check out is at 10am! Not the standard and not good if you have kids! Also, walls are very thin. You can hear your neighbors! Overall, awesome for kids!! Wouldn't buy a timeshare here, but would stay again!

Room Tip: If you have bigger kids, you need a bigger room!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Chris G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (620)
  • Finnish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We went to a timeshare presentation here, and got a tour of the property the newly renovated rooms are beautiful. They are doing a lot of work to this property. Vey kid friendly resort with paddle boats, which was free mini golf basketball, a small sandy beach area . We did got to the water park pool, it was nice with life guards but parents still need to really watch there kids with the pool being so big with tons of kids all over the place, you still have to be careful , and keep a close eye no security. I think they have security on property. Food at the pool was good with lots f vrity

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Vana802
diamondresorts, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for your review and compliments of our facility. We appreciate you for taking the time to notice our improvement efforts during the tour; it means a lot to us! At Liki Tiki Village, our teams are always available to help you. We have service team members and security constantly monitoring our common areas and pools. We also have lifeguards on duty in the water park to help keep an extra eye out on your little ones. We appreciate your generous compliments, and look forward to serving you again soon.
Dartmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Nothing fancy but good for the price if you have kids. Did the time share tour which was high pressure! Arrived at 4 after 22 hrs of driving for check in and was told the room was not ready and they would call. Not an issue at that point went to dinner. Everyone checking in a had the same issue. Went back and double checked and was told if the didn't get a call "you will just have to wait". The greater didn't even check for us. Waited in the car and we could see the others waiting get their call. After another hour we went back on and I decided to wait in line and ask again ( the greater was not there) . While waiting in line everyone was getting there key . The room was ready we never got a call. Personally I would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Stars7603
diamondresorts, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us here at Liki Tiki Village. It was very concerning to read that your check in experience, along with your interactions with our sales teams had a negative impact towards your stay. Please accept our apology for these unpleasant experiences. We assure you we frown on high pressure tactics, and will be sure to pass your comments on to our Sales Managers for coaching and review. Additionally, we sincerely regret that your accommodations were not ready by the 4pm check in time. What you described is certainly not an acceptable time to wait for your room. This will be addressed with our housekeeping teams who do work diligently to complete a thorough cleaning of the entire unit. Clearly, we missed the mark on this occasion. Although you indicated you mostly like would not return, we hope you reconsider allowing us the opportunity to host you again in the future. We are extremely confident that your next stay will be much more enjoyable and even exceed your expectations.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

The 2nd bathroom is very poor kept and mult rust spots and carpet is quite worn and even has a huge worn out hole. The kitchen counter has burn marks and the shower curtain had to be changed. The elevator didn't work off and on and the fire alarm went off two nights in a row.

Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Sean F
diamondresorts, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
We apologize that your recent visit proved unable to meet and exceed your expectations. Please know we take guest feedback very seriously, and deeply regret the shortfalls you encountered. A stay at Liki Tiki Village should be a positive and memorable experience our guests would always recommend to their family and friends. When we fail to meet this objective, we look to evaluate and better our performance. Your insights and patronage are deeply appreciated, and we hope for the chance to more effectively serve your needs in the future.
Leeds
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed at the liki tiki village in kissimmee from 17th April until 3rd May. The resort is a great place for the kids with a great pool scene, mini golf, basketball court, family bike hire and pedalos on the lake. The grounds were lovely and clean and the staff all very friendly.
The room i had was in block 1700 and was clean with all the items you need. It had a full kitchen, dining area, lounge, spa bath. It was lovely and spacious.
I would definitley go back to liki tiki as i found it a good location and what i needed for my 17 days in florida. You do need to drive but i found it very easy so please do not worry about it. Happy holiday. X

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank jd1Leeds
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed at Liki Tiki from 16th May for 2 weeks. First impression of our room was a little disappointing as it was fairly dated, however after reading other reviews you can request a newly renovated room. I will say that despite our room being a bit dated, We absolutely loved our time at Liki Tiki and would go back again!

The staff are all very friendly and helpful. The kids loved the water park (even more so than some of the theme parks we went to!), the beach area and the playground. We were extremely impressed with the hotel facilities. My husband used the gym, the pool bar had a good range of food which included more than the average burger. There were sandwiches, wraps, salads and the usual pizza, burgers etc. Thought the price of the drinks were fair too.

The kids went to the Gatorland experience which was $7 each but was well worth it as every child has the opportunity to touch or hold the wildlife. Daily there was activities at the water park for the kids.

All in all we loved it here. Plenty to do on 'rest days'!

Room Tip: Request a modern room
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Lozzygal
Chaffee, Missouri
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Before reserving this resort, I very intently did my research. That is VERY important in how happy you will be. I knew exactly what to expect and what I wanted out of the resort. I emailed them twice requesting a renovated room on a high level, as well as requesting it again upon check-in. The Check-in staff was VERY friendly and worked VERY hard to get me a room that I wanted. Once I was checked in, I was referred to "customer service" for the "welcome package". I knew this was a time-share tour and told them no at first, but they were very convincing, offering many free gifts and cash, but I had still read many bad reviews about this, and DID NOT want to do it. She started to read the "requirements" to attend this "meeting" and one of the requirements was that you had to make an annual household income of $50,000 (score!) I told her we didn't (whether we did or didn't wasn't important ;) and she immediately backed off and did not bother us the rest of the trip about it. We also did not do that "family photo shoot" because I had read many reviews about this being the same "tour" with nagging sellers; they only called once about that. We were in the 400 building on the 4th floor. The room was immaculate; very clean, and newly renovated. It came equipped with one master bath separated with a sliding door; there was a sink and the Jacuzzi tub on one side, and a sink, the toilet, and the awesome two-person shower on the other side. We had no problems with bugs or stains on the furniture while we were there. We did have a hide-away bed in the couch, but did not use it, our 8 year old daughter wanted to sleep on the window seat, so that is where she slept the whole trip. We had two sliding glass doors, one in the living room, and one in the master bedroom that led out to the balcony. There was a very beautiful view from our balcony, over the pool area. The pool closed at midnight, so we had no problems with noise, but we did not usually get back until 11-12 anyways. If you're an early bird to bed, you might have a bit more trouble, seeing as the pool was always busy! There were an abundance of towels provided for us as well as a washer/dryer combo that we used many times; I was pleased with this. I did bring my own detergent, but there was one provided for you there. We used the dishwasher once and had no trouble obtaining more dishwasher detergent from a housekeeper; speaking of: there is no housekeeper that comes and cleans your room daily. I had no problem with this because I like to clean my own stuff and don't like strangers messing with my things. If interested, there is a housekeeping service for an extra fee. The room also came stocked with small bar soaps, shampoos, conditioners, trash bags, paper towels, toilet paper, Kleenex, liquid dish soap, and dishwasher detergent, plus all of the dishes, extra pillows, an extra blanket, a safe, a flat screen TV in the living room and the bedroom, as well as dvd players, and almost any appliance you can think of. We brought our own extra toilet paper, trash bags, and laundry detergent to avoid any hidden charges for needing more. The a/c worked great, there is lots of storage, and the bed was very large fitting both me and boyfriend comfortably (we are above average sized people). There is an extra "fee" for the resort extras (golf, paddle boats, lagoon, etc.) but the only thing we had time to do was the lagoon. The lagoon was great for the kids. There were multiple lifeguards on duty, multiple slides of different sizes, as well as contests near the front next to the grill such as hula hooping, jump roping, and so on. They were able to win small prizes, such as candy or free slushes. My daughter really enjoyed the lagoon. They also let you bring in your own chairs if all the ones provided were taken (we had already packed these for the beach later). The bar and grill was very cute! They had a variety of choices to eat and drink, and what we ordered wasn't spectacular, but it was hot and well made. I was VERY happy with this resort and I WILL BE returning in the future. I was terrified going in after all of the reviews I had read, but knowing what you want and not being afraid to ask for it, will make your experience that much more enjoyable. .

These are a few things I noticed needed improvement. These things are very minor and will, in no way, hinder my decision to come back.
-The sliding door in the bathroom was off track and did not lock (as a family with a young child, this was not that important).
-The bed was quite hard, and the furniture was still "new" and had the stiffness of not yet being broken in.
-The pool next to our building was supposed to be heated (this was a hit and miss). The first two days were great, the third day it was cold.
-The Jacuzzi tub was very warm and very relaxing, but had so much chlorine in it, that by sitting there too long, my eyes began to burn and breathing became difficult.
-There was no lifeguard at the pool by our building, so there were children running around, jumping in the Jacuzzi, splashing and causing chaos while their irresponsible parents just sat in the corner letting them do it.
-The pools were a bit dirty at times (maybe a better filter system?)
-There were not enough chairs at the lagoon
-The bar and grill was overpriced, and didn't have all of the things on the menu in stock
-Thin walls; I heard the sliding door in the room above me all morning long (must have had kids running in an out). It was very annoying while I was trying to sleep.
-The toilet was too high. My daughter couldn't reach the ground and I had to be on my tip toes when I sat on it as well.
-There needs to be more shelving in the shower for bottles of shampoo, body wash, etc. We had to put most of ours on the ledge near the floor.
-The WiFi wasn't that great, and I ended up not using it at all
-There needs to be more parking in the parking lot outside the buildings, or at least an assigned slot for each room. It was full every night we come in and had to park a little ways a way and walk.
-Elevators a bit rickety and old, but worked fine while we were there

Good luck and I hope I helped your decision

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask for what you want. Request a renovated room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family