“Great family vacation”

Liki Tiki Village
Ranked #26 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
“Great family vacation”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

This was our third stay at Liki Tiki Village. It gets better every time we go! In our three visits we've never been harassed about a time share sales pitch. After reading several reviews I decided to call the resort directly after making my reservations online. I requested a newly renovated room. We reserved a two bedroom, two bath condo and it was fabulous. The trick is, the higher the building number, the newer the room. We stayed in the 1200 building this time, but we've stayed in the 1100 and 1000 buildings - All great!! I would never stay in one of the buildings directly across from the water park. The noise level is too high and they're not updated. Also, the bungalows are not renovated either. When we were there people were complaining of little green lizards in their rooms. I was very happy that we stayed in the 3rd floor.

My kids love the water park! It's a perfect place to relax. The white sandy beach with fire pit was awesome. The paddle boats, basketball courts, fishing, surrey bikes, goofy golf and tennis courts kept us busy every day. There are alligators in the lagoon which made me nervous, but they kept to themselves until my daughter started fishing, then they swam up and decided they would "help" her. Shipwreck Sally's has the best virgin strawberry daiquiris and the food was great. The food was pricey, but you got a ton!!! We could order two meals and feed 4 people.

There is so much to do here there is no need to go anywhere else! We had a fabulous experience and will be going back to stay every year!!

Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Beth B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (621)
  • Finnish first
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is the worst resorts I ever been..dirty carpet stain in the pillows,bed sheet have not change before arrival kitchen stain including floors,the dishwasher has still food on it,kitchen sink clog. What kind of resorts..looks like a motel to me,we are a TIMESHARE OWNER and really is a nightmare to us.NEVER and NEVER come back here again..front dest people are rude as well.
Very disappointed.

Room Tip: Nothing good about this resorts/ motel
2 Thank debbie2000castillo
Diamond R, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for your comments. As our valued owner, your satisfaction is one of our primary concerns and we truly regret the displeasure you had on your recent visit to our property and that, we did not meet your expectations for your stay. At Liki Tiki Village, one of the newest resorts added to the Diamond International® family, it is our goal to provide the highest level of guest satisfaction with our wide array of resort services and amenities and gracious hospitality. While it is true that several of our rooms do need updating (renovations in progress), we should never have a room that does not meet cleanliness standards. We have passed your concerns about on to our Housekeeping departments so they can follow up with the proper attention to these matters. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We assure you that if notified during your stay, our front desk team would have done their very best to offer you a solution to these concerns, such as an alternative room. We hope this has not marred your stay and that you will consider us for your future bookings.
Lawrenceville, Virginia
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I was so skeptical about bringing my family here after reading such horrible reviews. My husband and I even tried to go back through Interval and exchange somewhere else. I am super glad that we did not. I am not sure about everyone else, but the staff were friendly and very helpful. The rooms were in excellent condition and the amenities were great. We have stayed in Marriott, Sheraton, Hyatt, Westgate, Hilton, and other great properties and Liki Tiki is right up there with them. Yes, the resort is older than some, but it is well kept and clean. No problems at all. The water park was great...and they have bikes, paddle boats, shuffle boards, basketball, volleyball, an arcade, and everything you could ask for. We had a 2 bedroom upstairs unit and full kitchen...I would recommend this resort to all of my family and friends.

5 Thank Tonia T
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My family and I stayed here July 5th through July 12th. I was nervous about the trip based on hit and miss reviews. We arrived in Orlando at 2 00 p.m. and had no issues checking in. They send you to a second desk to get parking pass (cover for timeshare presentation). The guy started really nice but after we declined the presentation he became aggressive as to why we didn't want to participate but they have to learn to accept no. They were offering discounts on park tickets, but once I did my homework, the same discounts are available if you purchase same tickets on line. On to the resort we were in building 1100 not renovated just outdated. I can see where there are some things that need attention i.e. the refrigerator handle was once white is now dirty, the dishwasher is hanging on by a thread, missing dishes, and loose tiles in the bathroom, honestly I never felt clean while there, but the room (2 bedroom) is big and my family was fine, walls are really paper thin I could hear conversations of my neighbor and I m sure vice versa. The activities at the resort are non stop there is something to do from 9 in the morning until late evening. The "waterpark" pool is nice my 9 and 11 year wanted to swim every day, lifeguard s are on duty daily. We ordered from restaurant food is good, but there are flies everywhere when sitting by pools, I believe if they took the time to clean the table every night this would not be an issue but its overbearing. I normally like to stay at the Marriot Harbour, would I stay here again probably as a last resort but would look elsewhere first.

2 Thank Rasheda B
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We came for a 4 night 5 day stay, after our trip last year was awesome! We were hoping to
Make this our annual vacation spot!
The first day we were greeted by rude front desk staff.
The 2nd day we were locked out out room for 2 hours, when we asked the front desk for help we had to walk up to the desk 3 times before they sent someone to help us! 2 hours without any of our belongings because they were too busy to help us, and they made it all "better" by giving us a free drink voucher! Was not all better.
Check in times are later and check out times earlier (by one hour each)
They ask you now to wash your towels as they can't be bothered to bring you more (oh wait they told us we had a ONE time towel change courtesy) what!! I'm on vacation I don't want to wash my own towels everyday and make my bed oh yeah I forgot, house keeping no longer comes in to tidy up durning your stay like they did on our last stay.
I'm torn as to weather we will be back or not, I will stay our kids enjoyed the water park and other amenities!
Sad our stay wasn't as good as I had hoped or like it was last year.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Sherryberry921
Brandon, Florida
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The grandkids love this place. Water park is well maintained & lifeguards ate attentive. Shipwreck Sally's serves good food. There is lots to do; bikes, mini golf, fishing, arcade, basketball, tennis. They take their skates. Clean pools & nice hot tubs. Renovated rooms are very nice. Entire resort is being renovated, so it will take awhile. We were there 3 weeks ago and are going back again next week with the entire family. We also enjoy just the 2 of us going for a quiet getaway. Kitchen is adequate and staff is friendly and helpful. They will happily get whatever you need and do it quickly. We have never had any difficulty checking in. It's one of our favorite places to go.

4 Thank Dawn W
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We drove for 14 to get to the hotel only to be greeted by a very rude women trying to sell us a vacation packet. When we told her we needed time to unload and get to the room first she snatched the paperwork away from us. The women checking us in was more helpful and a whole lot nicer than her. The rooms outdated deco wasn't an issue for me but there was a musty smell in the room. The worst thing was when I was putting my kids to bed and realized that the bed sheets had not been changed between guests. There was food crumbs and what appeared to be chocolate stains (hopefully chocolate) in the sheets. We tried to put the kids to bed on the pull out couch only to find an old dry chicken wing between the couch cushions. We were given more sheets and told the following day that someone would be by to change the sheets out and that never happened. I just didn't even want to bother with trying to correct the problem. I had already changed the sheets on one bed so my boys could sleep. Carpets were filthy, socks turned black. The bowls in the cabinets had cloudy white water in them. We ended up washing every dish in the cabinets since at that point we could not trust that anything in that room was clean.
We were there for Disney and spent most of our time out, but management should know that the people cleaning the rooms are not doing their job. There needs to be some follow up on cleaning service.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Wendy B
Diamond R, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Please accept our apologies. We understand, based on your comments that your stay fell far below the standards we strive to provide our guests. The complications you endured are clearly unacceptable, and we can assure the housekeeping shortfalls and unwelcoming greeting you endured will be addressed to prevent their reoccurrence. We hope for the chance to improve upon your experiences and give you the type of stay you deserve.