“Older Resort...”
Review of Liki Tiki Village

Liki Tiki Village
Ranked #27 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Liki Tiki is an older style resort. We stayed in the 100 unit two bedroom townhome. Both bedrooms are upstairs. The bathroom is in the hallway. The second bathroom is next to the kitchen downstairs. The rooms needed updating.
I could hear the noisy helicopter (from the helicopter tour) passing the resort frequently during the day. The waterpark at the resort is small with 5 slides. The wave pool part did not work. The restaurant at the waterpark was expensive for simple microwaveable food. I can't forget that this is a timeshare resort that harassed me at check-in to go to a 90 minute seminar the next day in which I refused. They do not like "No" for an answer. If you can tolerate all of that and you don't mind the old 1980's style rooms then this is the place for you! I will not go back.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank mrsfreeze80
Diamond R, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for your review. Your recollection of the layout of the units here is correct. We plan on completing renovations of them soon; however, we will be unable to address the layout of our suites. Many people prefer the privacy these suite types provide as they are situated with 4 suites per building with a private screened porch. There aren’t any neighbors upstairs or downstairs and it’s generally very quiet. Unfortunately, we are unable to control the helicopter tours that take off from across highway 192 neighboring the resort. The waterpark does have 5 slides and the wave pool is in operation but doesn't provide large ocean like waves. It is a small wave that is better suited for a family leisure pool. We have a pool bar and grill that specializes in hamburgers, sandwiches and other bar type foods. None of our food is ever prepared in a microwave. The prices are in line with any chain restaurant and other resorts in the area. As a vacation ownership property, solicitation of a sales presentation is part of the check in process and while many of our guests are interested to find out more about our product, guests of the resort are not required to attend this presentation, unless they are staying on a promotional trip and need only decline the first time not to receive and further offers. We assure you that we do not in any way advocate strong sales tactics and we encourage all guests who feel inconvenienced to contact our reception team immediately. If you are willing to give us another chance, we are extremely confident that your next stay with us will be much more enjoyable and even exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This was my second resort stay in the Orlando area and in my opinion, the best so far. I enjoyed the spacious condos and all the amenities the resort had to offer. My son stayed busy the entire stay and for that I am thankful. The property is in the process of updating all of the units, however I enjoyed the decor of the units. The furniture reminded me of the "Golden Girls" wicker set , which I didn't mind because my mother used to have one like it, so it felt familiar. The room was clean and tidy and we had a great view of the water park, I think we were in building 700 or 800 on the 4th floor. I would definitely visit again, should I ever return to Orlando area for vacation.

3  Thank Tanisha L
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Tried to give us a 1 bedroom when we paid for a 2 bedroom through bookit - took me a while to pull up receipt online then they didn't seem surprised or apologetic but gave us the 2 bedroom. Pools are extremely crowded with a lot of unsupervised kids, especially at the "adult" night pool. Probably 35 years old but they try to keep it clean and tidy, not much u can do with fake yellow marble tubs and Formica counters though. Cheap way to get beds for all of us and full kitchen was nice after a day in Disney, but not a place I would spend my day.

• Stayed: July 2014
Diamond R, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback from your recent stay. Here at Liki Tiki Village we assign rooms as they are booked. This being said, perhaps there was an error when it was entered in the system. We will certainly keep any eye out for this going forward. Although the resort is not brand new, our team works very hard to insure that it is clean and functional. Currently, we do have a renovation schedule in place; however, it will take us several years to reach completion. We certainly hope that you will choose to visit us again to see all our exciting new improvements.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Do you like children? Do you like being around children? Are you looking for a place to take your children, grandchildren, etc.? If the answer to these questions is "Yes," then you have come to the right place. Liki Tiki Village is not posh, certainly not a 5 star attraction. Do not expect deluxe accommodations, or gourmet dining. Instead, expect a great spot to share with your family at an affordable price.

Our neighbors invited us to visit them and their grandchildren in Liki Tiki. We booked a condo, and took an easy 45-minute ride from The Villages, down Rt. 27. When we checked in, the desk clerk was smiling, friendly and efficient. He graciously put us in a condo adjacent to the one our friends had rented.

Our one bedroom condo had a full kitchen, comfortable living room with TV, roomy bedroom, with TV, more than adequate bathroom, a washer dryer and a balcony. Yes, the furniture and decor were dated. However, they were clean. It also appeared that the walls had recently received a fresh coat of paint. (The scuttlebutt is that Diamond Resorts will refurbish the rooms and facilities. In fact, some of this renovation has been done.) We appreciated the closet space, and the chest of drawers. (In several of the motels we stayed in during our Western trip, there were no drawers, no shelves and miniscule closet space. Not comfortable.)

We went to the Lagoon Area, which is the prime swimming pool area. Everything was under control. Plenty of life guards, all vigilant. No screaming, yelling, running...just people having good, wet fun. Lots of smiles and courtesy. The 5 slides provided safe entertainment for all ages, as did the different pool sections.

Since we only stayed one night, and 1-1/2 days, we did not get to play miniature golf, peddle a paddle boat, visit the park, eat in one of the picnic areas, participate in one of the many activities that ran throughout the day. However, all are available, as is a beach with a swimming area, and other pools. Close by, there are plenty of restaurants, although you can grab a sandwich, burger, hot dog, etc. at pool side. Also, Disney is about 5 miles away. (One caution, be careful where you stay, as the Lagoon Area could be a distance from your lodgings.)

We plan to return to Like Tiki with our grandson. He would love everything about it, and we would love sharing the adventure with him.

Room Tip: Be sure you choose a location close to the area where you will be spending the most time. As Liki T...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Let me begin by saying that if it wasn't for the billing nightmare I would've definitely rated a 5. We originally were booked from 7/19-7/22 but decided to extend our stay an extra day. We have been double billed for the extra day to the tune of over $170 and there are miscellaneous charges being charged to our bank account. I noticed this before even leaving the resort and went to the front desk on two different occasions to try to rectify, to no avail. It's a shame because if were not for this I could definitely see us going back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Diamond R, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay here at Liki Tiki Village. Our team would be more than happy to look into your situation further if you reach out to our Front Desk Management team. We hope that you will allow us the opportunity to address this, and the chance to welcome you back for a much more relaxing getaway!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

After reading the reviews I was very leery of our stay here. My sister actually stayed at this same resort a week before we did and had given me advice after her disappointing check in process. (In summary, she had arrived to the resort before 4PM and had to pre check in and decided to hang out at Target to kill time. When she finally got a call that her room was ready, the room that she got was so dirty that she had to go back to front desk and ask for another room. Again, she got a room that was a little better, but was still not satisfied, and finally after a third time of complaining to front desk they were able to give her a new remodeled room.)

My husband and I decided to take our time to check-in our family so we wouldn't have to wait. We checked in around 6PM since we figured we would miss the "rush", which we did. We had a smooth check-in process, and requested a renovated room, but the front desk lady told us that there weren't any, but she would give us a nice room near the pool. So we checked out the 1st room and it was near the pool, but it was 2 stories. We had my 74yr old mom with bad hips, and a toddler with us so this room would not work for us. The room itself was decent looking, but definitely not modern looking. So, we returned to the front desk, and got another room. This 2nd room, was in the 400 building. The unit was one floor so that was a plus, but the room did not look ready for occupants. The bed was not completely made, the sheets were on, but the comforter was on the floor. There were still items in the dryer. All the cabinets in the kitchen were open, and all the cleaning supplies were on the counter in the kitchen. Our kids were hungry so we called we decided to call the front desk and asked if they could have the housekeepers finish cleaning the room and we would be back after we had dinner. They asked us to stop by the front desk for a third time, and they would give us ANOTHER room. The 3rd room we were given was just like the 2nd room but was completely ready for occupant. So, after 3 rooms, and hungry kids, we finally got a room.

After dinner we returned to the resort to finally unload our luggages and get settled into our room. Because we missed the check-in rush, we were able to use 1 of the 2 luggage carts that were provided by the resort. They only had one elevator which was slow and very dirty, but at this point I just wanted to get settled and made sure the kids stood in the middle of the elevator and did not touch anything =). Our room itself was decorated with a tropical theme, it was 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, full kitchen with all amenities needed to cook, and a full size washer & dryer. It was comfortable for my family of 5. The master bedroom had a king size bed with an attached bathroom with a jacuzzi tub (that the kids enjoyed after a long day at the parks). The second bedroom had 2 full size mattresses in it so my 2 small children were able to share one bed, and my mom slept on the other bed.

On one of the days that we were in Florida, we decided to take a break from the parks and enjoy the resort. The pool and small water park was wonderful. The kids loved all the slides. It looked a little run down, but it wasn't bad enough for us to not go. There were lifeguards all over, so I felt safe with my kids continually enjoying the slides. The only downfall was there wasn't enough lounge chairs, and there were so many empty ones being "saved". We then decided to go paddle boating. This was fun, but I was scared since the guy at the boating area told us that there were 3 alligators in the lake. He said they were small, and that they were more scared of us so they probably wouldn't bother us. Of course my husband and daughter took that information as an invitation to go on an alligator hunt =) Thank goodness, we didn't see one! We then decided to go fishing. It was wonderful that all of the boating, fishing, biking, and many more things were free for guests to use. The only thing we paid for were the worms for fishing. The kids had a blast fishing and that was actually when we saw one of the baby alligators. I was ok with seeing it then since we weren't actually in the water with it =)

Overall, the resort was comfortable. The check-in process was a hassle, but the rest of the stay was ok. There was plenty of parking so even when we came back late we didn't have to park far. The elevators and grounds need some renovating and cleaning. The staff we came into contact with were nice except for 1 housekeeper was rude to my mom. My mom had asked her for a plastic bag to carry some of her stuff when we were leaving and the housekeeper told her they didn't have any. Then she went into this closet and there was a whole roll of clear plastic tray bags, so we asked again and this time she couldn't deny us. My advice is to insist for renovated room and maybe you won't have to visit the front desk 3 times like my family, and my sisters family did =)

Room Tip: My advice is to insist for renovated room and maybe you won't have to visit the front desk 3 tim...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank J B
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Our family has gone to Liki Tiki for years for a local Staycation. We have always loved it. Since Diamond Resorts bought the complex, there has been a steady deterioration in the resort.

The pool area shows significant signs of disrepair. Octopus fountain in kiddie pool had chipped and faded paint. No staff at water park to control activity down slides. My grown daughter went down slide and a 285 6'5 man came slamming down the slide ride behind her kicking her in the chest. He didn't wait before coming down to give her a chance to move out of the way. What if it was a child that was in the way? It was dangerous. At the Tiki Bar, there were tiles missing from the bar decor. A friend paid for Patron taquillia and the bar tender said they had to go in the back and get a bottle. When he returned the bottle wasn't full and my friend said it felt like either it was watered down or fan empty bottle was filled with another taquillia because it didn't taste like Patron.

There were only two Surry bikes to use and the one we were using wasn't working properly. The brake was rubbing making it tough to propel. There were only two paddle boats operating with a 45 minute wait(and that was on a Slow Monday morning, can't imagine the wait over the weekend when the place was packed.) The putt golf course had missing tiles and areas showed disrepair.

The room was dirty. There was still bits of food and stuff on the rug. Looked like they were rushed to vacumn and didn't do a good job. And the rugs were filthy. Spots everywhere and even section of carpeting missing which they tried to hide with furniture. I called and they said they would send someone up to vacumn again, but even after a second vacumn, I was picking up pieces of "stuff". And when we moved chair to find a missing ball, it was obviously that no one vacumn end under it for a while. They said they would send someone over to shampoo the rugs but they never did.

The dresser in the master bedroom had mismatched knobs. Looked like one broke & rather than changing them all to match, they went to Walmart, bought a cheap wood knob and put it where the broken one was. We wouldn't use quilt or blankets because we assumed that they didn't wash them between guest use. There were cracked tiles in kitchen.

They were more concerned about pressuring people to buy time shares than make sure they had a good time. Check out is at 10:00 am! And our rooms weren't ready til after 4:00 pm.

Just sad. We used to love it there. Won't be going back.

Room Tip: This is owned by a time share company, it is obvious that their main goal is to get bodies in to se...
5  Thank C E
Diamond R, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Thank you for submitting your honest comments and impressions regarding your recent stay. As a result of constructive comments such as these, we are preparing to make the necessary repairs and improvements to the waterpark and several other areas of the resort. We will soon be doing a complete bar renovation, and re-painting our water features. We do have lifeguards in the waterpark that monitor the safety of our guests closely; however, we do not have lifeguards or attendants positioned to stand at the tops of the slides. For the safety of everyone here, our friendly lifeguards do not hesitate to address any inappropriate guest conduct that does not adhere to the pool rules. We assure you our team does not keep unopened bottles in our back bar area nor do we ever pour liquor from one bottle to another. We know our guests want professional bartenders and servers, and that is exactly what they can expect from us. There are many surrey bikes available here. It is possible that they were all in use at the moment, except the two remaining ones offered to you. We also have five paddleboats in the water. Nevertheless, we regret if you did not get a chance to experience all the resort has to offer. We will of course address the cleanliness issues with our housekeeping teams to improve our consistency in these areas.

Your comments have certainly outlined areas for improvement and we appreciate the opportunity you have given us to address these concerns.
Thank you again for taking the time to write.