“Great Stay at Liki Tiki” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Liki Tiki Village

Liki Tiki Village
Ranked #23 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Providence, Rhode Island
“Great Stay at Liki Tiki”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is my second time staying at Liki Tiki with my family. Our first visit was about 7 years ago. I enjoyed this stay because we took advantage of many resort amenities. I have a 3 year old and a 15 year old, yet they were both entertained with what the resort had to offer. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable, especially Daisy in customer service. All I can say is that there should be more people like her in this industry. Daisy truly cared about my concerns for my 3 year old that had special circumstances at the time, and took care of our needs. She didn't forget about us after that either, she acknowledged us as a family staying at the resort, not as some random "guest".

My room was very nice and clean. I stayed in the 400 building which was updated with granite counter tops in the kitchen and bathroom, and a Jacuzzi tub. The only downside was that the walls were very thin and I could hear the family next door as if they were in my room. The washer, dryer, and dishwasher are very loud so don't try to run it when you want some quiet time.

This is a reasonably priced family friendly resort. I would visit again and recommend Liki Tiki to friends and family.

Room Tip: The 400 building has newer rooms and is next to the gym, a pool, and grills.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank RA_RI401

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
  • Finnish first
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Liki Tiki has been one of our best stays in Florida. The children are 19,11 and 10 yrs old. We had the the 2 bedroom,2bath. The place was clean,Check-in was easy,workers were friendly! The only complaint we had was our choice of car rental!! DO NOT RENT FROM FOX RENTAL CARS!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
2 Thank MFV2014
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Liki Tiki is an older style resort. We stayed in the 100 unit two bedroom townhome. Both bedrooms are upstairs. The bathroom is in the hallway. The second bathroom is next to the kitchen downstairs. The rooms needed updating.
I could hear the noisy helicopter (from the helicopter tour) passing the resort frequently during the day. The waterpark at the resort is small with 5 slides. The wave pool part did not work. The restaurant at the waterpark was expensive for simple microwaveable food. I can't forget that this is a timeshare resort that harassed me at check-in to go to a 90 minute seminar the next day in which I refused. They do not like "No" for an answer. If you can tolerate all of that and you don't mind the old 1980's style rooms then this is the place for you! I will not go back.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank mrsfreeze80
Diamond R, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for your review. Your recollection of the layout of the units here is correct. We plan on completing renovations of them soon; however, we will be unable to address the layout of our suites. Many people prefer the privacy these suite types provide as they are situated with 4 suites per building with a private screened porch. There aren’t any neighbors upstairs or downstairs and it’s generally very quiet. Unfortunately, we are unable to control the helicopter tours that take off from across highway 192 neighboring the resort. The waterpark does have 5 slides and the wave pool is in operation but doesn't provide large ocean like waves. It is a small wave that is better suited for a family leisure pool. We have a pool bar and grill that specializes in hamburgers, sandwiches and other bar type foods. None of our food is ever prepared in a microwave. The prices are in line with any chain restaurant and other resorts in the area. As a vacation ownership property, solicitation of a sales presentation is part of the check in process and while many of our guests are interested to find out more about our product, guests of the resort are not required to attend this presentation, unless they are staying on a promotional trip and need only decline the first time not to receive and further offers. We assure you that we do not in any way advocate strong sales tactics and we encourage all guests who feel inconvenienced to contact our reception team immediately. If you are willing to give us another chance, we are extremely confident that your next stay with us will be much more enjoyable and even exceed your expectations.
Riverdale, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

This was my second resort stay in the Orlando area and in my opinion, the best so far. I enjoyed the spacious condos and all the amenities the resort had to offer. My son stayed busy the entire stay and for that I am thankful. The property is in the process of updating all of the units, however I enjoyed the decor of the units. The furniture reminded me of the "Golden Girls" wicker set , which I didn't mind because my mother used to have one like it, so it felt familiar. The room was clean and tidy and we had a great view of the water park, I think we were in building 700 or 800 on the 4th floor. I would definitely visit again, should I ever return to Orlando area for vacation.

3 Thank Tanisha L
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Tried to give us a 1 bedroom when we paid for a 2 bedroom through bookit - took me a while to pull up receipt online then they didn't seem surprised or apologetic but gave us the 2 bedroom. Pools are extremely crowded with a lot of unsupervised kids, especially at the "adult" night pool. Probably 35 years old but they try to keep it clean and tidy, not much u can do with fake yellow marble tubs and Formica counters though. Cheap way to get beds for all of us and full kitchen was nice after a day in Disney, but not a place I would spend my day.

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Diamond R, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback from your recent stay. Here at Liki Tiki Village we assign rooms as they are booked. This being said, perhaps there was an error when it was entered in the system. We will certainly keep any eye out for this going forward. Although the resort is not brand new, our team works very hard to insure that it is clean and functional. Currently, we do have a renovation schedule in place; however, it will take us several years to reach completion. We certainly hope that you will choose to visit us again to see all our exciting new improvements.
The Villages, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Do you like children? Do you like being around children? Are you looking for a place to take your children, grandchildren, etc.? If the answer to these questions is "Yes," then you have come to the right place. Liki Tiki Village is not posh, certainly not a 5 star attraction. Do not expect deluxe accommodations, or gourmet dining. Instead, expect a great spot to share with your family at an affordable price.

Our neighbors invited us to visit them and their grandchildren in Liki Tiki. We booked a condo, and took an easy 45-minute ride from The Villages, down Rt. 27. When we checked in, the desk clerk was smiling, friendly and efficient. He graciously put us in a condo adjacent to the one our friends had rented.

Our one bedroom condo had a full kitchen, comfortable living room with TV, roomy bedroom, with TV, more than adequate bathroom, a washer dryer and a balcony. Yes, the furniture and decor were dated. However, they were clean. It also appeared that the walls had recently received a fresh coat of paint. (The scuttlebutt is that Diamond Resorts will refurbish the rooms and facilities. In fact, some of this renovation has been done.) We appreciated the closet space, and the chest of drawers. (In several of the motels we stayed in during our Western trip, there were no drawers, no shelves and miniscule closet space. Not comfortable.)

We went to the Lagoon Area, which is the prime swimming pool area. Everything was under control. Plenty of life guards, all vigilant. No screaming, yelling, running...just people having good, wet fun. Lots of smiles and courtesy. The 5 slides provided safe entertainment for all ages, as did the different pool sections.

Since we only stayed one night, and 1-1/2 days, we did not get to play miniature golf, peddle a paddle boat, visit the park, eat in one of the picnic areas, participate in one of the many activities that ran throughout the day. However, all are available, as is a beach with a swimming area, and other pools. Close by, there are plenty of restaurants, although you can grab a sandwich, burger, hot dog, etc. at pool side. Also, Disney is about 5 miles away. (One caution, be careful where you stay, as the Lagoon Area could be a distance from your lodgings.)

We plan to return to Like Tiki with our grandson. He would love everything about it, and we would love sharing the adventure with him.

Room Tip: Be sure you choose a location close to the area where you will be spending the most time. As Liki T...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Parrish, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Let me begin by saying that if it wasn't for the billing nightmare I would've definitely rated a 5. We originally were booked from 7/19-7/22 but decided to extend our stay an extra day. We have been double billed for the extra day to the tune of over $170 and there are miscellaneous charges being charged to our bank account. I noticed this before even leaving the resort and went to the front desk on two different occasions to try to rectify, to no avail. It's a shame because if were not for this I could definitely see us going back!

Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Diamond R, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay here at Liki Tiki Village. Our team would be more than happy to look into your situation further if you reach out to our Front Desk Management team. We hope that you will allow us the opportunity to address this, and the chance to welcome you back for a much more relaxing getaway!