“Family vacation”

Ranked #24 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Vancouver Island
“Family vacation”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Nice two bedroom, fully equipped two level condo. Resort has numerous activities for families including waterside/pools. Wifi is free with Time Share owners otherwise there is a fee per day, free parking.
The place has a basic feeling to it (target the lower end budget family) and I took an immediate dislike to the front desk personnel as all they seemed intent of doing was trying to get you to sign on for a Time-Share Tour etc, however the check-in was smooth, straight forward and quick. Front gate security personnel where very polite and helpful with directions etc.
Unfortunate to say but we will not be returning to this resort as it just was not for us.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Geight

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (620)
  • Finnish first
South West England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Just returned from a Thomson family holiday having booked this resort nearly 1 year ago. As a family of 10, we arrived around 6pm after a very long day. The reception desk was not too busy (despite many t/a reviews about long queues) I had booked 3 rooms, 1x 1 bedroom & 2 x 2 bedrooms. Our family was my wife & I plus 2 daughters & husbands plus 4 granddaughters.
They allocated our room first, block 800, 5th floor. The next room (2 bedded) was situated in block 700. I queried this saying as it was a family booking I had expected to be at least in the same block. After much discussion moaning & getting nowhere, they then allocated our 2nd daughters family to block 500. This is on exactly the opposite side of the complex (village) and could not be any further apart and some 10 to 15 mins walk away. Eventually after calling the assistant manager and saying that when they allocate rooms (I assume 3/4 weeks in advance as most hotels do) they would have been mindfully that it was a family booking. I was told they do not allocate rooms in advance but operate a "first come first served basis" and as they were at 100% occupancy, it was just unlucky that we were so far apart.
Having told them in no uncertain terms that this was not acceptable, they promised to relocate her the following day. We return from our day out the next day at 5pm and went to reception to "pick up the keys to the new room" I was told it was still being cleaned because they had allowed the previous guest a 'late check out' again lengthy discussions took place but we were promised the room would be ready in 35 mins. 2 hrs later we're still waiting. A call to reception informed us a supervisor was on his way to inspect the room. 30 mins later I checked with the cleaner who on my behalf, rang the room ' inspector' who immediately called across advising that no one had contacted him about the need for this inspection.
I would not touch this hotel with a barge pole, having said that, if you want a 4/6 bedded room then this has to be amongst the best in Kissimmee. 1 bed rooms average, pool in need of a good clean but plenty of L/ guards on duty. 2nd (adult pool) nice but poolside drinks bar permanently closed. Good wifi in rooms foc.

Room Tip: Some 25-40 mins drive to most orlando theme parks. Large supermarket 4/5 mins drive. Block 7 &...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank ColinBristol_UK
Diamond R, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Unfortunately, we are not able to block rooms prior to arrival. We strongly advise that you contact the resort prior to arrival with any specific requests, as we do our best to grant all requests. This being said, there is no way for us to know who is traveling together unless notified prior to arrival. It appears that a management team member did his best to resolve the situation, and we regret you were not satisfies with his attempts. Due to the fact that we were 100 percent occupied, we are not always able to move people as quickly as we would like, particularly when it is a request for a specific suite or a specific area. We hope that you will provide us with the opportunity to welcome you back for an even more relaxing getaway in the future.
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Me and my family are very pleased with our stay in this resort. We stayed for my bday. Staff was very friendly, they kept saying "Happy Birthday". Rooms seemed old but had everything we needed. They were clean and smelled good. We didn't smell humidity nor smoke, which I appreciated a lot. Rooms were big and comfortable. Liked the pools and amenities. I reserved 1 day prior to our stay and the price was a bargain. In total we paid $262 for 2 bedroom and 2 night 3 day stay. We will be back!

3 Thank Magilori
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

After reading a lot of negative reviews I thought to myself did I make the right chose for my family vacation"? And you know what I DID! Granted to rooms can use a little upgrading. But everything was clean and the service people were very nice. There are no additional fees to use the pools like someone said. The only surprise I got was when checking in they ask for a $100 deposit in case anything is damaged. Besides that I would totally recommend this place.

2 Thank Gloria P
South Hadley, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I'm an currently still at liki tiki right now. I was very sketched out because of the reviews I saw. It was very busy at check in and didn't seem organized to move quickly. I am staying in a town home near the water area and was afraid it was going to be a dump but it is so cute. My two daughter are having an answer me time here. My oldest is 10 and has enjoyed the activities. My almost 2 year old is having a blast playing in the pool and going down the water slides. I've had friend and family stop by and spend the day or night with us over the week and everyone has really enjoyed themselves. Today in the pool area they had a liki tiki activity bash. It was so much fun. They really got the parents (adults) involved too. My sister, her friend and I has so much fun doing the adult activities as well as cheering on my daughter. The thing about this resort is it isn't updates and probably not up to most adult standards. I think this resort knows it needs to be updated and will make those changes. But from a kids eye they don't see that! They see the slides and fun! At the end of the day that's what this trip was/is about for me. That my daughters have a great time making memories with me. I would recommend this location and definitely will come back. I look forward to seeing what diamond does with the place.

4 Thank suribe1323
Miami
Reviewed 11 August 2014

If you think about going to this resort DO NOT , I repeat DO NOT . This is the worst experience i ever had . Let me begin by saying I get there to check in they gave my room to someone else they send us to another hotel for the night , the manager told us to come back at 10 am that they would have a room for us we get there there's no room available , I remind you guys I came with my whole family 8 kids and 2 of them are autistics drove for 4 hrs to get there to this disappointed horrible customer service . The nights are expensive for resort $150 deposit & the charge $40 for the utilities in the resort so I pay almost $400 for 3 night and extras $40 to use the pool , basketball court , golf , park (EVERYTHING) they have . everything is old not updated , someone took a poop in the pool it took 2 hrs to clean it ! HORRIBLEE experience I'm still shocked !!!! Never again there's so many better , prettier & awesome customer service to waist your time & money with them ! Don't get FOOL by the pictures online nothing like the pictures ... I wasn't the only family that went thru this ! Maybe 4 family's that I know of !

4 Thank Infamousmelu
Diamond R, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
We are disappointed to hear that your recent stay with us was anything less than exceptional. We hear at Liki Tiki Village understand that no one wishes to have their vacation tarnished by accommodations and amenities less than anticipated. As the property has recently come under new management, we are working to modernize the suites as we speak; two buildings have been completed so far already. We would like to welcome you back to our resort in the future and hope you will enjoy our enhancements the next time you visit.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This was a great choice. The price was great and the accommadations were excellent. I was unsure what to expect, my entire family enjoyed the room as well as the activities offered. I would definitely revisit this place.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family