“Beautiful Place, great value”
Review of Liki Tiki Village

Liki Tiki Village
Ranked #25 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
sarn03
“Beautiful Place, great value”
Reviewed 25 February 2009

Took the kids for a quick winter getaway, to get away from the cold, snowy, icy weather we have been having. The Liki Tiki was awesome. I read several reviews before I booked. I am glad I didn't listen to the negatives people had about the place. The room was beautiful. The swimming lagoon the kids loved and all the activities they had for them. The other two pools, which they only swam in at night time were very nice as well. We didn't see any bugs in our rooms at all. Of course, when you are going to a warm location for vacation that is known for large bugs, such as cocroaches, and palemeto bugs you take that with a grain of salt. Everyone there was very respectful, I always treat people with respect and seem to get that in return. Even though they don't have maid service daily (as most time share places do not, unless you pay a fee for it)the washer and dryer worked wonderfully.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank sarn03

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (620)
  • Finnish first
New York
Reviewed 23 February 2009

No housekeeping, no linen change (unless u stay there for 2-weeks). First thing to welcome us to the room was a gigantic roach (my wife almost fainted). The door frame to the entrance to the room had cobwebs and spider eggs aIl over. Saw a lizard going up and down the stairs.
Also, if you're doing disney, universal and seaworld, stay somewhere else. It's quite a trip to go back and forth.
One more thing, you could hear everything from people next door. The partition of each room must be paper thin...so don't lean on the walls...you might fall.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank jaejang25
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 15 February 2009

We stayed at Liki Tiki during the week of 1/21-1/28/2009. I was a little leery about coming here from California, after reading all the negative reviews, after I booked. I was pleasantly surprised, however.

The staff was very friendly and we got our 1 bedroom unit in the 1400 building. The grounds were very well kept and I hardly saw anyone around the complex. Our unit was very clean and well supplied with soap, towels, paper supplies, dishes, pots--you name it. It had a full kitchen, washer/dryer, 2 big screen tv's and a screened patio deck. The walls are paper thin, unfortunately. There is no maid service, unless you want to pay for it, so keep your unit clean. No free "wifi," but where I was, I could get free access from the resort next to us. There was coffee and donuts at the main pool, Monday-Friday. Overall security seemed good. Guard at the main gate, small safe in the unit.

The complex is on the outskirts of town, so you will probably need a car. Disney World is about 6 miles away. It took us about 10 minutes to get there everyday. There are plenty of stores, places to eat along the way. Kennedy Space Center is about 45 min away and easy to get to, but I did not think it is worth the $38.00/person it costs to get in.

Keep in mind, we were there during the "slow" season. No traffic jams, no waiting at Disney World, etc. Customers always get "better service" when things are slow. I did not see anyone using the pools at Liki Tiki. Temp was 80-85F during the day, most of the week, we were there. I'd probably think twice about coming here during the "busy" season. It's probably a zoo!! It's a hugh complex.

• Liked — Nice unit for the price
  • Disliked — paper thin walls
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Mr2Day
new york
Reviewed 30 January 2009

I stayed at the LIKI TIKI resort in December of 2008. I would not recommend this resort to anyone ! My suite was not clean, the water park and swimming pools were not all that , the excersize room is small and had broken equipment , the sink and bathtub were disgusting, the people who worked there including upper management were rude and insensitive especially after my wife and I had related to them are concerns ! If you wish to go to Florida and stay at a clean, classy,fun resort for 7 or more days the Liki Tiki Resort is not the place to go !

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank avelli
Brewer, Maine
Reviewed 7 January 2009

My wife, daughter and I spent 8 nights at Liki Tiki in December 2008. We had traded a week with Interval and booked and extra night ourselves due to travel plans. Friends of ours had recommended Liki Tiki. We were not disappointed! Booking the extra night was flawless and the staff made efforts to make sure we didn't have to switch rooms. We had some trouble initially with gaining access to the unit as there was obviously a problem with the security lock. We contacted the front desk and they had security come to our room, let us in and repaired the lock. No problem. Our room was big, clean and comfortable. The pool area was exceptional including the lifeguard staff on site who had clearly been very well trained. We have stayed at other timeshare type properties in the Orlando area in the past and found Liki Tiki near the top of the list. We will definitely stay at Liki Tiki again.

Stayed December 2008
2 Thank Firedigga001
meredithj
Reviewed 2 January 2009

My boyfriend and I drove from NH to the Liki Tiki Village in Orlando July 2007. Our suite was huge! Had I known, I would have invited 6 of my friends to help us fill it up! It had two bedrooms (one master suite with jacuzzi), two bathrooms, washer/dryer, full kitchen, living room/dining room, balcony with jungle views. We actually brought a queen mattress out from the spare bedroom out onto the balcony and slept out there a few times (it is screened-in). It was very nice to fall asleep to the sound of crickets and frogs, and wake up to the sound of birds. Resort grounds are large- lots of walking to do. One restaurant by the "water park" (more just for little kids), which is okay, but we only ate there once (when we arrived, our room wasn't ready yet, so they gave us a $5 off coupon for the restaurant). Pools were great and located throughout the property, which was nice to have a change of scenery every once and a while. Continental breakfast was nice, donuts, bagels, coffee/tea and juice. Lobby was very nice, and staff were friendly. We spent most of our time at Disney World. I have lots of photos so please feel free to contact me if you have any other questions about Liki Tiki Village!

• Liked — Location to restaurants, shopping, Disney World and other theme parks
  • Disliked — Only one "okay" restaurant, large resort with lots of walking
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank meredithj
New York
Reviewed 30 December 2008

We stayed at liki tiki on Aug, 2008. We are marriott vacation club owners so we got this through an exchange from interval international. Well I've learned my lesson next time I'll stick with my marriotts locations cause then I'll know for sure I'm getting something good. Not with this place I was so nervous after reading all the negative reviews on tripadvisor but I had already booked it. So I was just hoping for the best, I did call like four or five times to request a new unit wich we got but only after all that hastle. Overall our stay wasn't that bad to me, but my husband hated it. We had a new unit in bldg. 1300 on the second floor it was a two bedroom two bath villa they were 7 of us and there was enough room for all of us. Our villa was really nice so i was happy about that. We didn't have a nice view from our balcony just of woods and a really huge spider hanging on the outside of the screen, and i mean really huge spider so we didn't go out there that much. The only problem we had in our room was the really big roach we found in our master bedroom on our last night there. My husband was so discusted he called the front desk and asked to speak to a manager but they said he wasn't "available at the moment" so they took our info and said they would have him get back to us but he never did. The surroundings were ok, the "water park" area was not all that. The water was dirty, it was always very crowded all the time and it wasn't heated so it was really cold. I have a ten year old, a three year old and a teenage brother that was with us and none of them found the "water park" interesting. We spend most it the time in the adult pool. It was alot less crowded a warmer but it was a pretty long walk to get there and it wasn't that clean either. We didn't use any of the things they had like, bumper boat, tennis, baseket ball, bikes or fishing cause if your not an owner there then you have to pay for eveything. There is lots of restaurants and a publix really close by just a few minutes drive from the resort, and a supper walmart less than a five minute drive, and a 7-11 you can walk to just around the corner. So overall not a bad stay, just because we try to make the best of everything but I wouln't go back to liki tiki again. The whole trying to get a new unit hastle was to much of a pain in the butt for me!

Stayed August 2008