“was good for the $$”

Ranked #23 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Louisville, KY
“was good for the $$”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2009

We stayed here due to purchased a time-share week from my aunt/uncle. Check -in was mildly slow, but we were probably there at prime-time around 3:45 on Sunday. We stayed in the 1300 building. Room was very big, clean, loved the master suite with large king-size bed and huge jacuzzi tub that we all enjoyed. It was great to have a kitchen and washer/dryer. Was near Disney, a bit more of a drive to Universal and Sea world, but stil convenient. Lagoon pool is large, crowded this time of year but to be expected. Bar at the pool actuallly had some pretty good food, salads and pizza were good and reasonable price. Our building was all-in-all quite, although you can hear your neighbors through the adjoining door. I would ask for a condo with no adjoining door.
Down sides were I didn't find the staff particularly helpful. Examples such as asked front gate attendant if there was a place to mail Father's Day cards on property and he said "no". Proceded to main check-in lobby and found stamp machine and mailbox.
Also called and asked where fitness room was, was told it was in building of main check-in lobby, when it is actually in the pool building near the front entrance (nothing to brag about, 2 treadmills, bike, elliptical, old school weight machine I couldn't figure out, no free-weights).
It stormed alot in the evenings when we were there, and alot of debris got in the pool as expected. I felt like they could've done a better job cleaning out the pools, but I think they were just waiting for the filters to do their job. I never saw anyone with a net cleaning. Pool chemistry seemed good.
Also, our master bath smelled like marijuana on a daily basis, obviously some others were embibing that shared our ventilation, suppose to be non-smoking.
There is no maid service for week , which would have been nice once or twice for the week. You basically just have to tidy up after yourself just like at home.
All in all good place for the price, I would go again.

Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank MidwestJ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (597)
  • Finnish first
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2009

After reading some mediocre reviews, I was nervous. But all was great! Check in was smooth. Our room was very clean and spacious...bigger than I expected. It was great to have a kitchen and washer/dryer. We headed out to SuperTarget for groceries (just a couple of miles away) and were set! Resort is very close to Disney and Seaworld..just a hop, skip and a jump away (we're talking less than 10 mins). Staff was excellent and very friendly. They helped us with everything we needed (pool towels, printing out airline tickets from the front desk, letting us back in the room when we forgot something after check out). They did not push the timeshare thing AT ALL! Daily phone message with that day's activities was nice. Pool was perfect for our 4 year old. Rates were extremely reasonable. I am a teacher on maternity leave...traveled with husband, 4 yr old and 2 mth old and would absolutely stay here again....and I am quite picky about where I stay. The only compaint I had was not about the resort but about the smokers next door in a non-smoking building. Liki Tiki staff said they would send security immediately if we wanted.

3 Thank seaworldfan
Management5040, Customer Care Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this review, 2 July 2009
Thank you for your review of Liki Tiki Village! And Congratulations on a new baby! I am happy to hear that your family had a great experience all around. Our Teams’ personal interactions with our Owners and Guests are something we genuinely value and enjoy each day. We look forward to seeing you again and Thank You for making us your family’s Vacation Destination!
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2009

I thought my room in the 1200 building was beautiful. It was spacious and appeared to be clean. The front desk provided refills on laundry soap, dish soap and garbage bags throughout the week. There were plenty of dishes and cookware for us to use daily. My only complaints about the room (which was very clean and smelled good) is that the tile floor kept turning my feet/socks black (even after I mopped it twice) and there was no mid-week maid service. I would suggest using a steamer for the floor or possibly a stronger cleaner and make sure it is rinsed properly-sometimes residue from cleaners can cause this too.

There is a complimentary continental breakfast M-F consisting of mini bagels and donuts, coffee, juice or soft drinks. The pools are nice although they could be skimmed more-there are a lot of beetles and love bugs in Florida that end up drowning in the pool (my son caught over 30 in the pool). There are fun activities pool side at the lagoon pool. The hot tub was a little too hot and honestly needs to be emptied daily-people don't remove sunscreens and lotions prior to going in which makes the water cloudy.

I was never bothered about a timeshare purchase and was pleased with the excellent customer service and hospitality from the front desk. My friends also stayed with us in a room down the hall. Their room had a strong odor of curry (from previous guests). They came in and sprayed their room and removed the extra bedding form the closet and replaced it with fresh pillows, sheets and blankets. They even called to follow up and make sure that everything was fine. When they asked for the room to be sprayed again, a team came up to address the problem. The gentleman at the guest services desk was so helpful when I needed to find a local pharmacy to get a prescription filled. I would return to the Liki Tiki.

1 Thank abcdefgNewJersey
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Liki Tiki Village! We certainly apologize for the tile situation in your unit and corrective measures are being taken. I am glad that our Teams responsiveness for your requests was not only rapid but also friendly and efficient. Rest assured that each of our aquatic amenities are serviced daily by our pool service and extra efforts are being made regarding the bugs. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2009

My husband and I just returned from staying at the Liki Tiki and I must say I was wonderfully surprised. The facility is a family oriented resort/water park. Although, it was only me and my husband we enjoyed the water park while we were there. We played water volleyball with almost daily. We had a beautiful spacious colorful one bedroom unit in bldg 400 which included a king size bed and 2 seater jacuzzi tub. My only complaint was that it didn't have the flat screen TV's. But I soon got over that small problem and focused on the privacy of the location after spending a day at the lagoon (water park). Our bldg had a beautiful view of the pool and we would go and sit and talk with the older adults in the hot tub, go swimming again and relax on the chaise lounges until closing (12 midnight). The area made you feel like you were in the tropics.

We are II owners/exchangers and normally you would have to attend a 90 minute presentation exchanging into other resorts, although you already own at another resort. Not at this resort. We were told about their presentation but were not force to attend. There were no gimmicks to get you in to sell their resort. Either you loved the place and wanted to buy into or you would be a frequent guest or exchanger. I loved that part. I won't name the other resorts we stayed in while visiting Orlando, but they are very plush resorts with good amenities but the pressure of the sales drives you away. But they were booked. At first I was a little nervous but after visiting Liki Tiki Resort, those properties will have to do a lot more to get our business after visiting Liki Tiki Resort.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating to all our needs. The staff at Skally's restaurant were awesome too. Kudos to Sarah, who made you feel like family, she would remember your room number, who was in your party and your name. This woman was great. The food was awesome and they gave you plenty of it. There was a staff woman who was solely in charge the life guards and looking at the weather reports for the safety of the guests while being in the lagoon, I have to give her kudos as well, she was on top of her game. The life guards were on top of their game and made sure that everyone was safe while enjoying themselves.

We have visited and cruised a lot of places and when we returned home, we feel a need to take another vacation for the vacation. I can honestly tell you that I feel so relaxed and ready to get back into reality now. I feel great!!!!! Thanks to everyone at Liki Tiki including security team, maintenance and housekeeping staff for making this a relaxing and enjoyable stay. GG (Cincinnati, OH) (also known as BettyOH)

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BettyOhio
Thank you for taking the time out to write this fantastic review of Liki Tiki Village! We are extremely pleased your vacation with us was impeccable and you went home well rested! We’ll see you next year to do it all over again! Thank you again for making Liki Tiki Village your Vacation Destination.
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2009

I have traveled many places but the way I felt in Liki Tiki even surprised myself. From the staff to the cleanliness of the rooms where unbelievable. The staff were able to answer your questions and would be at your door with a moments notice. The grounds were very clean and well kept. I've been to Hawaii and it really had that kind of presentation. I would without a doubt return if I was to go back to Orlando.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Diana64
Thank you for your review of our Resort! We strive to ensure each and every Owner and Guest has a positive and memorable vacation experience throughout their stay at Liki Tiki Village. We are delighted that the responsiveness of our Team Members and your overall experience exceeded your expectations and we certainly hope to see you again in the future!
dickaub
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2009

Everthing about the Liki Tiki was fantastic. the apartment and the grounds were immaculate. The kids loved the pool with the water slides and the adult pool was large and very comfortable. Only a 10 minute drive to Disney. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank dickaub
Thank you for your review of our Resort! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2009

I am not sure what all the fuss is about but our family found this resort very family oriented. We stayed in the 1400 building in a 2bed/ 2 bath, It is the newest building on the resort and we loved the accomodations! We had granite counter tops,flat screen tvs and the master bathroom had 3 shower heads! What more could you ask for. The walls are alittle thin so you can hear peoples tvs but just keep your a/c fan on and it won't be a problem! Also, all the amenties by the pool were working and were a nice addition. No, they are not included but we bought a week pass for II exchange holders for only $25.00 This included the bicycles and paddle boats, mini golf. The slides in the pool aren't that big for teenagers, but they are fun. (according to my 10 and 12 year olds) I attached some pics! See for yourself how beautiful it is! What I would recommend is a resturant that isn't fast food. That is the one thing they could upgrade on! but the staff was fantastic! They even came to our room to welcome us to a ice cream get together! FANTASTIC STAY!

2 Thank designerchicgirl
Thank you for your review of Liki Tiki Village and making us your Vacation Destination! Our goal is to provide remarkable vacation experiences for a lifetime and I am pleased your entire family enjoyed everything to the fullest. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!