I was unfortunately placed at this resort as part of a time share with a company. We were given a 1bdrm 1 bath. The registration was simple and there was no additional selling of any type. On arrival to our garden style codo unit 13, our door was full of cobwebs. The room itself was very run down, made up of a room with 2 full size beds and a family room with a mini fridge, 2 burner stove, sink, microwave, and dishwasher.
The bedroom has a tiny window that faces another wall so there is minimal sunlight. There is large LCD tv about 42". The beds were relatively comfortable. The other room has a sofa bed that is basically a row of springs with a thin mattress on top, NOT comfortable at all. The stove is a flat surface deal that is a pain to cook on. They also give you three pans to cook with, and some dishes, plates, and silverware. Sadly they don't give you anything to wash the dishes with, or detergent for the dishwasher.
The bathroom is a normal size, but when using the shower the water all spills out. Also if you try to shower at any busy time there is no hot water. Even when there is hot water it is only luke warm.
Also they give you 4 towels for the whole week. You can have the towels exchanged once during your one week stay for free, but otherwise if you want more towels you have to pay for them or steal them from the pool.
The pools are nice, with one heated pool, and another pool that is sometimes heated. There is a bar, and hot dog place pool side. There is also a convenience store next to the pool that sells most groceries, house hold items, sandwiches and touristy stuff. There is also a great bounce house for the kids in addition to multiple tennis courts.
Overall, the One bedroom units are like a dungeon, with very little sunlight and no balcony. From the pictures, the two bedroom units look much more spacious and well lit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Star Island resort is a Mediterranean styled resort and spa located just minutes from all of central Florida's major attractions, while still offering the quiet relaxation of luxurious accommodations with a multitude of amenities and activities. Relax in one of our spacious suites or villas with all of the comforts of home. All units include a full kitchen or mini kitchen and our largest unit can sleep up to 8 of your family and friends. Amenities include water sports, tennis, driving range, basketball, supervised family and children's activities and so much more. Visit Star Island for your unique vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Star Island Resort and Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Star Island Resort And Club Hotel Kissimmee
- Star Island Hotel
- Island Star
- Star Island Resort Orlando
- Fairfield Star Island Resort
- Star Island Resort And Club Kissimmee, Florida