Wife and I stayed here instead of Hotel for 3 days before sons wedding in Orlando. Service was great and resort workers polite and professional. This is an older resort but clean. The room we had was more like an Embassy Suites, but not really as well laid out or appointed. They call it a "lock off", which is you enter a door to a vestibule and to left was a door to full size 1 bedroom condo, ours to the right is essentially 2 12x12 rooms, 1 a bedroom and 1 a dinning/living room, in the middle was a very small apt style kitchen with micro, 2 burner stove, and bar sink; the refrig is dorm style in living/dining room, along with most utensils. Don't expect to cook much, we didn't so was ok, but we thought we were getting the full condo with balcony, and after getting there were't willing to pay $50 a night more for
For a couple the room was adequate, for a family I would feel crowded short of a baby or toddler. I didn't like that our bedroom window was on the outside walkway, fortunately we were in building 19 top floor and had only a few guests, but for security didn't like, won't stay in hotels like that and didn't expect here.
The pools were nice, grounds were nice, and it is a secluded resort well off road so very quiet location. They have a nice lobby, also a nice outside seating area on second floor with drinks and snacks, they do some nice activities for kids and it was fun.
STAY AWAY from timeshare presentation. I didn't have to do but was kind of rainy and figured for 90 minutes a $150 AMEX card and 3/2 stay at another location it would be worth it, BIG MISTAKE and wife still wants to kill me. First the presentation is resort 13 minute drive each way and they drive you, by the time I returned it was 3+ hours, granted we could of probably pulled the 90 minute gaurantee but being polite we stupidly didn't and you feel trapped not having car or being able to walk out. After 3 hour pitch at resort, which was outrageously priced (about $70,000 with closing costs), we finally get dropped off at a small sales center at Star Island, they tried about a 5-10 minute last minute pitch before "authorizing" my gift. Then you find out that to redeem you need to go to a 3rd location at entrance about 1/2 mile away from small sales center to wait another 10-15 minutes to get your gift. All in all over 3 hours for both of us, and 4 hours for me as the last 2 parts my wife left to me and went to pool.
I think there are more modern and better appointed resorts available for not much more, we had a good stay except the timeshare which I blame myself, but really not as exceptional as I expected for a Wyndam property. We had 2 room issues, one we reported ASAP which was main door had to be slammed to be shut and with kids next door only took a couple times for me to call, they had guy there in 10 minutes or so and he fixed. The other was a handle falling off sink, we reported on exit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Star Island resort is a Mediterranean styled resort and spa located just minutes from all of central Florida's major attractions, while still offering the quiet relaxation of luxurious accommodations with a multitude of amenities and activities. Relax in one of our spacious suites or villas with all of the comforts of home. All units include a full kitchen or mini kitchen and our largest unit can sleep up to 8 of your family and friends. Amenities include water sports, tennis, driving range, basketball, supervised family and children's activities and so much more. Visit Star Island for your unique vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Star Island Resort and Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Star Island Resort And Club Hotel Kissimmee
- Star Island Hotel
- Island Star
- Star Island Resort Orlando
- Fairfield Star Island Resort
- Star Island Resort And Club Kissimmee, Florida