Best things about resort: 2 beautiful outdoors pools with plenty of seating, a spacious 2-bedroom unit ("A" and "B" sides of same room number), resort activities galore, (my daughter and I especially loved the karaoke nights with our host, "D"...thanks again, buddy!), poolside DJ, convenient location
Best attractions or restaurants nearby: Disney World's main gate 10+ minutes away, Cici's all-you-can-eat pizza buffet across the highway, Publix supermarket a couple minutes away, lots of outlet shopping 5+ minutes away on Rt 535. Resort is located along Rt 192 but set far back off the highway. Everything you possibly need is nearby.
Our entire family loved this place from the moment we drove into the resort. Nicely-maintained grounds, a spacious 2-bedroom unit, 2 lovely outdoors pools (open from 7:00am to 11:00pm...convenient!) with a poolside DJ playing easy listening music during the daytime hours, many beautiful blue hardcourt tennis courts (though too bad we didn't have any time to play on them), poolside refreshment stands, and an always-lively upstairs patio bar near the pool.
The nice thing about the outdoor patio bar was that it wasn't just adults hanging out; there were lots of families there for certain planned activities (karaoke nights, Welcome Party with $6/plate food and $1 drafts, $6 all-you-can-eat pizza night, magic show, etc). The patio bar would open at 4:00pm and would be hopping until at least 11:00pm. It really gave the resort some atmosphere at night; during the daytime there was a poolside DJ playing appropriately relaxing pop tunes. Also, at the Sunday night Welcome Party they gave away raffle tickets and we were lucky enough to win a free Swedish massage for my wife at the resort's spa!
The front desk was nice enough to check us into our room an hour earlier than the posted 4:00pm time, and when I was directed over to the Wyndham/timeshare desk to pick up our parking pass, I mentioned that we already own a timeshare and did not want to attend their 90-minute presentation. The rep honored our request and we were never pressured/bothered again the entire week.
We had a 2-bedroom unit in Building 18: Units A and B of room 1818 (first floor).; there's an interior door which connects the "A" and "B" sides. The "A" side of the unit is very small with only two twin (maybe full-sized?) beds...our kids slept there...and a small TV room with a tiny partial kitchen area. I would have been disappointed with only the "A" unit. Fortunately, the "B" unit was much more spacious with a decent-sized full kitchen, glass top dining table for 6 people, an L-shaped couch, and a master bedroom with king-sized bed, jacuzzi tub, and a separate shower stall. There were 2 TVs in the "A" side of the unit (one in the kids' bedroom and one in the TV/partial kitchen room) and there were 2 TVs in the "B" side (one by the L-shaped couch and one in the master bedroom).
In summary, I can't say enough nice things about this resort. We had an EXCELLENT week's stay at Star Island. I can't understand how some people can give this resort a less-than-stellar review because this place really has it all. We were so delighted that we chose to stay at Star Island for this year's vacation and would most definitely try to stay here again on a future visit to the Kissimee area. Our only regret was that we spent so much time at the Disney parks and not enough time relaxing at this fine resort. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Star Island resort is a Mediterranean styled resort and spa located just minutes from all of central Florida's major attractions, while still offering the quiet relaxation of luxurious accommodations with a multitude of amenities and activities. Relax in one of our spacious suites or villas with all of the comforts of home. All units include a full kitchen or mini kitchen and our largest unit can sleep up to 8 of your family and friends. Amenities include water sports, tennis, driving range, basketball, supervised family and children's activities and so much more. Visit Star Island for your unique vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Star Island Resort and Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Star Island Resort And Club Hotel Kissimmee
- Star Island Hotel
- Island Star
- Star Island Resort Orlando
- Fairfield Star Island Resort
- Star Island Resort And Club Kissimmee, Florida