*Close to theme parks, restaurants, and grocery stores
*Plenty of parking that is close to your building
*Free wi-fi that isn't horrible
*Uncomfortable furniture and beds
*Stingy with towels and other supplies
We stayed in the 3 "bedroom" condo for a week. First off, let's talk about the "beds." There is a king size bed in the main bedroom, which is great. The second bedroom has 2 full beds. Again, fine. The 2 additional beds available are the worst pull out sofas I have ever seen. They do not offer real mattresses. There are 3 fabric covered panels with GAPS in them. Half of our family got very little sleep this week, unfortunately. It's a shame they even sell these as extra beds. Pitiful.
Next up, the nasty bathrooms. First of all, if you have children under....maybe 12 years old, or if you're short in stature like me, or if you have elderly folks in your family, do NOT count on using the second bathroom. There is a jacuzzi style tub/shower combo, which means the sides are so high you can barely crawl in. It's extremely dangerous - especially when you're wet. We had to help our 9 year old take showers because it was so difficult to maneuver. Additionally, the caulk looks like it hasn't been cleaned/re-done in years. It's mildewy and disgusting. There was also mildew under the glass of the faucet handle. Icing on the cake is that they supply 2 (TWO) rolls of thin toilet paper. We had to buy a pack of real TP the first day we were here. One last annoying thing - they supply a limited number of towels (which are stiff and scratchy). When we contacted the front desk to ask for additional towels (we had 7 people staying in this condo and about 6-8 towels to go around), we were told that we could exchange our towels for fresh ones, but they would not supply additional towels. For a resort that offers a swimming pool, I'm a little shocked they are so stingy with towels. Really people, they are towels. Cheap ones at that.
Overall, I think it's safe to say that we will not be staying at this resort again, nor will we refer anyone to do so. If we're going to spend cash on a resort, we want it to be a treat, not a drudgery which is what happens when you're responsible for washing your own flipping towels daily!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Star Island resort is a Mediterranean styled resort and spa located just minutes from all of central Florida's major attractions, while still offering the quiet relaxation of luxurious accommodations with a multitude of amenities and activities. Relax in one of our spacious suites or villas with all of the comforts of home. All units include a full kitchen or mini kitchen and our largest unit can sleep up to 8 of your family and friends. Amenities include water sports, tennis, driving range, basketball, supervised family and children's activities and so much more. Visit Star Island for your unique vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Star Island Resort and Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Star Island Resort And Club Hotel Kissimmee
- Star Island Hotel
- Island Star
- Star Island Resort Orlando
- Fairfield Star Island Resort
- Star Island Resort And Club Kissimmee, Florida