“Great Location”

Ranked #21 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
GreenLeadersSilver level
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Well designed and maintained resort. Conveniently located to restaurants, grocery stores, and Disney. Very helpful housekeeping and front desk personnel. Unit was well stocked and cleaned every Monday and Thursday of the 3 weeks we stayed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 2 March 2014

The morning of my check out I had to ship my golf clubs first it took me an hour to locate a luggage cart . Once I finally found one I took my package to front desk had to ask 3 people before finding one that spoke English. Then was told this is not the place to leave them so instead of them taking my package to were it needed to be was told I had to take it to the back of the property. Having finally found the correct area again had a hell of a time finding someone who spoke English . I did however find a gentleman (Carl the painter) who was extremely helpfull and made every attempt to help me even assured me the package would be picked up. He also questioned me why the front desk did not offer to help me get my package to the correct area. Carl (the painter) even called me later that day to tell me my package was picked up. Thank you Carl you are a true gentlemen. For the money I paid I would expect a little more cooperation from front desk personnel would not stay here again. Unless Carl( the painter) was put in charge of hospitality.

• Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank Dlalonde
Reviewed 28 February 2014

My friends and I recently returned from a golf trip to the Orlando area where we stayed at the Star Island Resort in Kissimmee. This was my second visit to the resort and both times I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay there. I would recommend getting the B suite (my first visit) which is much roomier and more luxurious than the A. There is a full kitchen, dining area, living room, two bedrooms and a sitting room with the B suite. Everything is very clean and the kitchen well stocked. The location is perfect for all of the Orlando attractions; it’s a short ride to every fun destination on your itinerary. However, the resort can be a fun destination in itself. They have activities planned during the day and into the night for all ages. They provide entertainment at the pool with games and contests for the kids. There is a spa on sight, walking trails, a slide, and a driving range in the back. There are family dinners (good barbecue) and then karaoke or dance nights in the Star Bar. There is always something going on at the resort. The staff at the resort is wonderful and very attentive from check in to check out and everything in between including maintenance, housekeeping and towel exchange. One example of how wonderful the staff is would be Chase Campbell, Star Bartender extraordinaire. We went to karaoke on our first night. Chase was so friendly and made us feel at home right away, service with a smile and no waiting for your beverage. He even agreed to learn a song he never heard before to sing a duet with me on the last karaoke night. That’s how far the staff at Star Island is willing to go for their guests. We truly had a fun time and will return to Star Island Resort, but, next time back to a B suite. I highly recommend this facility.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank JoceH809
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed here in the end of January 2014. My friend got us the room through her timeshare, so I can't really comment on the pricing. I beleive we had an "A" side of one of the lock offs. There was a bedroom with 2 double beds, a bathroom, a small entry area, and then a living area with a pull out sofa bed and kitchenette. We were mainly in town to visit Universal Studio's for 3 days, so we used our room mainly as a place to sleep. There was a total of 3 of us adult ladies, but we felt there was adequate room for all of us. We didn't have a balcony as we had hoped, and the only windows in the living room were along the walk way to the room. The decor was updated, and the beds decently comfortable. We didn't cook in the kitchenette, but it was nice for breakfast and to keep drinks cold.

The resort is conveniently located in Orlando, 20 mins from the airport, 20 mins from Universal studio's and 10 from Disney. We didn't really do much at the resort. It was January, and somewhat cool and quiet. One day it did hit 70, so we went to the pool for the afternoon and had a few drinks at the bar. The other guests at the resort seemed to be mainly retirees and some of their families. Not many young adults, which was fine since we were tired out each night after universal studio's and didn't really plan to go out much. Overall, I wouldn't go to the resort just to vacation and stay there, as there didn't seem to be much to do. It was a good place to stay while doing other things in Orlando though.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jamie H
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Star Island Resort and Club, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Hi Jamie,

We’re glad to hear the unit you were in provided you with the essentials and accommodations needed to enjoy your vacation. If you choose to stay here in the future you may want to try out the 1 bedroom B-side units which are a bit larger than the A-side units. The B-side units also have a better view of the area. Thanks for reaching out and we hope you consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We were assigned unit 41 in building 20 and were extremely pleased with it. It was very clean and well stocked. It looked to be recently remodeled and we did not see any pests in the unit (as other reviews have mentioned). The furniture was clean, comfortable, and all seemed brand new. Our only issue was with the location of the pool and the fact it was under construction most of the time we were there. We've stayed at other resorts in the area where every couple of units share a pool, which is way more convenient.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank trinity_ah
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Star Island Resort and Club, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are so happy to hear you were fully satisfied with your newly remodeled unit. Our goal is to make each part of the vacation experience satisfactory. We apologize you had to spend even a minute of your vacation dealing with noise from the pool construction. We know this provided an inconvenience during your stay. Please know we are working to have this completed as soon as possible. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

This is the second year in a row we have stayed at this resort and it is definitely first class. The rooms are nicely decorated and clean and the resort crew were all very helpful and friendly. We stayed at three different resorts while we were in Florida and this was the nicest. We will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor and that was nice as it over-looked a pond and was quiet sitting out on the...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Rick T

Hi Rick,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. It’s great to hear you have been completely satisfied each time you stay with us. We appreciate your kind words regarding our unit accommodations and friendly staff and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

George and Ruben came to fix myTV and stove. They were prompt to fix both items and I am happy! We love staying at Wyndham resorts because they keep everything maintained. We highly recommend Wyndham Resorts.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eileen B
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Star Island Resort and Club, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Hi Eileen,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We appreciate your kind words regarding George and Ruben. It’s great to hear they were quick to resolve the maintenance issues with your television. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.