Star Island Resort and Club
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Inn(Kissimmee)
2,669 results
All reviewstennis courtsdriving rangebedroom deluxefull kitchentgi fridayspool areathree bedroomjacuzzi tubwasher dryermini golfweek stayliving areapaddle boatssofa bedspring breaktimeshare presentationsales pitch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 March 2014

After booking our "Romantic Getaway" room for a week for our honeymoon, we called twice to be sure everything was all set. Room was paid for about 6 weeks prior to our vacation. We arrived and were told that we didn't have the "Romantic Getaway" and instead had a 2 double bed room. No jacuzzi....no rose petals...not very romantic! We paid for the Romantic Getaway and recieved a musty smelling room with the most uncomfortable beds ever. Even after I presented my email with the confirmation on it they said they didn't have any of the rooms available. I will NEVER return to this resort nor recommend it to family or friends traveling in this area. And seriously....they charge you $9.00 to bring you clean towels!!

• Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank Missi642
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My husband and I and our 2 daughters are here on our first ever family vacation. We were very disappointed when we got to our room as it smelled terrible. It smell is musty and dirty. We asked to be moved to a different room and Mildred was so accommodating and kind. She gave us a different room however this room smells just as bad. I am absolutely grossed out with this room. We have been here for 2 days and have 5 more days to go and I seriously don't know how I can stay in this room for 5 more day. I am so disappointed

Room Tip: Dont rent the 1 bedroom
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank LHall508
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Star Island Resort and Club, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

We are so sorry to hear about your disappointment in the units at our resort. There is a certain level of satisfaction expected when staying at a Wyndham resort and this has not been provided. We will have management look into this. Thank you for making us aware of this issue so that we have a chance to make it right.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Loved the place. Close to disney parks. Pool was big and my kids wanted to go every day. Rooms were spacious and had everything we needed. Very convenient. Close to restaurants, disney shops, Walmart, and flea markets. Everything was wonderful. Can't wait to go in July 2014. :).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ana A
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Our family along with two other families stayed at Star Island Resort for a week during March break 2014. The accomodations were great and we all had an awesome time!!! We seriously did not feel the need to leave the resort during the entire week. There was so much to do for all of the kids and they kept busy every day from morning till night. From numerous sports and pool activities during the day to dancing and Karaoke at night.
All of the staff was great.
A special mention goes out to Paul at the driving range.... super nice guy who gave all of us some great tips.
Also a special mention goes out to DJ Dustin who provided some awesome Karaoke and made the nights super fun and entertaining for all of us. Certainly a highlight.
Mike + Arlene + family

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Hubby and I traveled here with our 2 year old son and my inlaws for a week. They booked through their RCI timeshare. Read a bunch of horrible reviews beforehand and was nervous about what we would get! But we were pleasantly surprised.

We had a 3 bedroom condo. My inlaws took the master bedroom with the jacuzzi tub. My boys and I shared the lock-off -- one bedroom with 2 double beds and a kitchenette with a sofa. We turned the sofa around so the open end was against the wall and it worked PERFECTLY as a bed for our rambunctious toddler. The rooms were super clean and we had everything we needed. We enjoyed time outside on our patio -- which overlooked the new free mini golf course, near the pool. The karaoke goes late in the night but luckily we couldn't hear a note!

My son loved the pool -- especially the zero entry and the fountain he repeatedly swam under. The pool deck had a big variety of chairs and it was clean too.

One night, we discovered ants on our bedside table (I left a cookie out by accident, whoops!). We called the front desk at 9pm and someone actually came to help us out. He took the furniture out of our room, cleaned it up, sprayed it down and then set up an outside spraying for ants for the next day. We never had any more problems. Better than expected customer service!

My inlaws were upset that they were pressured into a presentation at check-in but they refused to sign up for one. We never heard another word about it on our visit.

We also had a rental car and drove every day to Disney. It was not far away at all -- but sometimes hard to find a parking spot next to our room.

We will still choose the condos at Lighthouse Key over Star Island but we were pleased with our visit.

Room Tip: request to be in a building away from the pool so you don't have to hear the terrible karaoke!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family