“Best Vacation Ever!!!”

Ranked #19 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Best Vacation Ever!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed on our mini honeymoon in November on the honeymoon package. Everything they promised was waiting for us in our room. The champagne on ice, the chocolate covered strawberries, the $25.00 gift card to TGI Friday's and the rose petal heart on the bed.The couples massage was awesome with the champagne in the waiting room and after the massage. We never had to haggle with them. Check in and check out was a breeze. We recently came back from another stay from May 27th to the 31st. It was awesome as well. Our 2nd day there the bedroom t.v. went on the fritz. We stayed in the one bedroom condo with the gorgeous tub. We called down to reception and within 5 minutes maintenance was at our door. He determined we needed a new t.v. and it was replaced immediately. Total time from call to replacement was less than 20 minutes. We received a follow up call within 2 minutes after that. Awesome!!!Later on in the week there was a fuse issue in our kitchen and again within 5 minutes it was taken care of. The staff is professional, friendly and very attentive. The condo was spotless! We will be back again this fall for our anniversary.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jade M
Debbie T, Guest Relations Manager at Star Island Resort and Club, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Greetings from Star Island Resort,

Thank you Jade M for the wonderful comments. We are very happy that you enjoyed your Honeymoon Package and accommodations at Star Island Resort!! We take great pride in our resort accommodations and activities.

We will be sharing your comments at our Staff meeting so the managers can hear the great review for all of our departments.

Thank you for your time and information when sharing your experience.

Debbie Todd
contact info: dtodd@star-island.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
  • Polish first
Gulf Breeze, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I unfortunately had an accident prior to our vacation and I am in a wheelchair until my 2 broken ankles heel. We called prior to our stay to ensure the resort was wheelchair accessible. We were told yes, the only thing I could not access was the fitness room. No big deal I have 2 bum ankles. I brought my children to the game room, and could not get down the stairs. Came out of building 18 and there is no ramp to access the walkway to the pool, or activities. There is 1 ramp but it is not blocked off so cars can park in front of the ramp. Luckily I can stand for a bit while I had my husbands help with the wheelchair. There are handy cap seats to lower u into the pool, but no lifeguards or help to use it. We are also Disney vacation club members and the accomadations are far better at any of their resorts. The resort is very average. No slide in the pool, a few kids activities, nice size suite. But nothing spectacular.

• Stayed June 2014
Greetings from Star Island Resort,

I want to begin by apologizing for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay and to thank you for your time and information when sharing your experience. The comfort & safety of our owners and guests are of the utmost importance to us.

The ramp is marked for handicap access. WE will be sure to have security check for this occurrence frequently so not to repeat this issue.

Debbie Todd
contact info: dtodd@star-island.com
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

First off, this is my very first tripadvisor rating. I was very hesitant coming here after reading some of the reviews but boy was I wrong! We were originally booked into a different room but it was a bit small for our family and didn't have everything we were expecting. We spoke to Sulivette at the front desk and she accommodated us accordingly. The room is huge, clean, beautiful and has everything we need and more! Looking forward to the rest of our week here! Thank you Sulivette and Star Island, for making our trip that much better ;)

• Stayed June 2014
Debbie T, Guest Relations Manager at Star Island Resort and Club, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Greetings from Star Island Resort,

Thank you for this feedback adrianaa03. We are especially happy that your stay with us has exceeded your expectations!! We take great pride in accommodating our guests. We will let Sulivette know that you really appreciated her help. Enjoy the rest of your stay!

Please let us know if there are opportunities to make your stay better in the future.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a bit out dated but the people are really great. Every where I went their were people eagerly waiting to assist in any way possible. Tara was excellent from check in to check out. She insured all our needs were met.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Greetings from Star Island Resort,

Thank you for this great feedback Conrad M. This will allow us to continue to enhance the vacation experience at our resort. We are very happy to hear that our employees were there to give you the service that we thrive to give. We will definitely let Tara know that you were happy with her making sure all of your needs were met.

We look forward to seeing you again!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is my first time writing a review on tripadvisor but I feel compelled to say something so other people do not make the same mistake. I booked this hotel based on what the pictures looked like on the website and was pretty excited to stay here based on what looked like a pretty cool place. There is however, nothing in those pictures that will resemble what you will actually get. Our room feels like a complete dungeon as we are unable to open any of the windows or open the blinds as people are continuously walking by (on the 4th floor). The room is very outdated as if the ownership has stopped caring. The pool area shares this same character. I literally have been filling my day with random things so I don't have to go back to the resort. I am overall pretty disgusted by this place.

• Stayed May 2014
5 Thank Guest0102
Debbie T, Guest Relations Manager at Star Island Resort and Club, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Greetings from Star Island Resort,

Guest0102, thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are disappointed to hear that your experience was not a pleasant one. We know that while on vacation it is absolutely important that our guests enjoy their experience.

Again, thanks for taking the time to reach out.
Jekyll Island B
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Honestly, I was dreading this trip! Went 5/24 - 5/30/2014, meeting up with my sister in law so she could take my son on a cruise. I had stayed at Star Island in the past and was not impressed, but due to this last minute cruise for my son and the fact Star Island had availability (at a low timeshare points value & able to upgrade my room) I booked here.

We had a 2 bedroom lock off unit 2811A&B, this combination gave us lots of room and privacy when all 4 of us were there. The unit also felt safe when I was there a few days by myself. The unit was clean, and bug free! The stove had a small crack on its face, it worked fine, and I reported it to the front desk.

The A side of the unit had the tiniest galley kitchen, not really for cooking, but would be fine for heating up leftovers. It had 2 double beds, and a pullout sofa bed. This is a small unit and NOT for a family staying a week, a few days would be fine. The B side is the bigger unit. Good kitchen, washer & dryer, large living room With sleeper sofa & dinning room. The bedroom has a king bed. The only thing I did not like about the bedroom is that the Jacuzzi tub is next to the bed! Weird!

Pool, gym, and grounds were all nice. Enjoyed walking to the lake and just hanging out! Several restaurants, grocery, shopping nearby. This was a good trip and was an unexpected surprise!

Room Tip: The 1 bedroom A units are very small, the 1 bedroom B units have much more room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Greetings from Star Island Resort,

Thank you, Trph (Jekyll Island B) for the kind words. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and was happily surprised :) We pride ourselves in our accommodations, activities and our property for all of our guest to enjoy!

Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.
South Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Returned today 31st May 2014. Could not fault the property or the grounds. Had a wonderful holiday. Our apartment was a two bed two bath,with a jacuzzi in the main bedroom, had the lock off as well, which meant an extra living area/ which we used as a bedroom plus /bathroom. we Had a problem with air conditioning unit in the lock off, was fixed immediately. Requested a kettle, arrived shortly after my request . The grounds are beautiful and well kept. The DJ by the pool plays requests all day and entertains the kids an adults. The only thing I was shocked about was the 18% added to the bill even if you purchased in the shop/bar. But having an ice machine by the pool meant you could take drinks down with you. Lively bar at night with karaoke going on, we could hear it but once our doors were shut it was only background noise. It was nice to have something going on as visiting florida for 21 years I have never found evening entertainment , so thumbs up. Would definitely stay there again and would recommend for great family accommidation.

Room Tip: We were in building 25 room 2563, could here the music but wasn't a disturbance.
Green Features: Was surprised that there were no facilities for recycling waste materials .
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Greetings from Star Island Resort,

Thank you for this great feedback cherub190. This will allow us to continue to enhance the vacation experience at our resort. We are especially happy to hear that you were comfortable in your unit and your requests were handled in a timely matter.