Star Island Resort and Club
Comfort Inn(Kissimmee)
Very Good 4/5
Average 3/5
2,668 results
All reviewstennis courtsdriving rangebedroom deluxefull kitchentgi fridayspool areathree bedroomjacuzzi tubwasher dryermini golfweek stayliving areapaddle boatssofa bedspring breaktimeshare presentationsales pitch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This "so-called" cashless resort ended up nickling and diming us with ridiculous charges that are nornally free at reputable resorts.

Despite the $200 hold on our credit card, several things could not be charged to our room.

$10 (borrow a game for the day)

$5 (5-7 minutes of internet use at the business center - 2 computers in a hallway)

$5 (to play 2 sub-standard arcade games!!)

$20 (Arts and Crafts!!)

$10 (fees for activites on the resort that are normally free)

Adults are allowed to smoke in the family dinner area (dining patio) next to kids and toddlers while flies attack you and your food.

There are no real restaurants/dining options at the resort, so unless you like fried frozen food options (chicken fingers, fried frozen fish or greasy egg rolls) you are stuck loading up on the limited Gift Shop items that are conceniently overpriced.

When I spoke with a manager (Michael), he said he was sorry but he did not feel there was anything he could do to make our stay more pleasant. He said that's the way they do business and felt the resort did nothing wrong.

The time share center offered me gifts, cancelled my appointment then offered me a consolation gift card that required me to pay up to $100 in dining to receive $25 - $50 back. How is this an incentive or gift?

The manager offered me a late check out so I could apparently torture myself more at this resort.

I will never stay here again. It is a money pit. The front desk management does not value their guests. The resort contracts out certain services which forces guests to pay fees or otherwise be inconvenienced.

If you are used to reputable time share resorts and their amenities, do not stay here. Run for the hills.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank MADESQ2
Debbie T, Guest Relations Manager at Star Island Resort and Club, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Good afternoon MADESQ2,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your information. It is important to us that our prices are competitive and our guest are satisfied with our services. We do require a $200.00 deposit at check-in which should have been communicated when you made your reservation. The $10.00 deposit for games should have been refunded when you return the games and we do have the stuff a bear activity is $20.00 with an available $5.00 coupon inside the activity guide. All other arts & crafts are $5.00 and all pool side activities are free. We do offer wireless internet at no charge if you bring your computer, if you wish to use the business center computer there is a charge.
We will certainly review the remainder of your concerns.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I was staying at this resort for the first time and was greeted by welcoming, friendly faces. During my one week stay, I was due to have to change rooms three times. The manager, Sobiesky Toro, made it possible for me to stay in my same room the entire time. This was a wonderful beginning to my vacation!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Debbie T, Guest Relations Manager at Star Island Resort and Club, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Greetings from Star Island Resort,

Thank you Tehara H for taking the time to write a review. We are so happy to hear that your accommodations worked out so well and we will pass on the compliment to the manager, Sobiesky Toro.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

My husband and i went to Star Island for our honeymoon 7 years ago. We come back every year because this place is THAT amazing. We love Star Island for all its many activties, pools, good drinks, and amazing staff. Everyone is soooo polite and helpful, and not to mention that this place is gorgeous!!! We just got back from spending almost a week here and I never want to leave. Believe me, whatever you're looking for, you will find it here.

Room Tip: I absolutely love the jr suite with the jacuzzi. The bed if HUGE with mirrors and a huge jacuzzi right by the bed and a walk in shower big enough for 2 people to lay in the bottom of. I love these rooms and always stay in one of these.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SuzieBoop07

Greetings from Star Island Resort,

Thank you SuzieBoop07 for the great review. Happy Anniversary to you and your husband and we are very happy that you enjoy spending it at Star Island! Yes, we have many wonderful activities for you to enjoy. I will pass in the nice compliment to our staff members.

We look forward to seeing you again,

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The staff was very friendly and the supervisor in the front desk Sobiesky was there always to help us out with any inconvenience.
THe outdoors are beatiful, as the room we get with the jacuzzi beside the bed.

I recomend this resort !!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Debbie T, Guest Relations Manager at Star Island Resort and Club, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Good afternoon,

Thank you JuanRic0 for the nice review. We are happy to hear that you had good service from our employees and Sobiesky at the front desk. We will pass this information on to the managers. We will look forward to your return.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I rely on reviews to make booking decisions- and the scattered reviews on this property made me set my expectations low (it was the only timeshare property available with the right size room for when I wanted to make the trip). But it was a series of 'oh wow' moments from the moment of driving on the resort, walking through the lobby, entering the room, walking the grounds and seeing the pool(s). It all looked great. We were in a 1 bedroom, the kids slept on the pullout - the bedroom was very large, great jacuzzi, the suite had 2 full bathrooms and a full kitchen, plus a comfortable balcony. I've done my share of traveling- I don't do 2 start accommodations for vacation, this was a legitimate 4 star property. Maybe the best way to describe the experience is that it lets a middle class family feel classy for a few days of vacation.

We stayed in 2242 on the 'B' side, the smaller 'A' room is connected and following the reviews, the 'A' room seems to be the one that gets the most criticism.

Free laundry on the first floor of the buildings, trash and linen shoots, and towel/bed sheet service available a few days a week were very useful.

The DJ/karaoke can be heard on the balcony until later at night, but not inside with the air conditioning on. The pools can get crowded depending on the time of the day, but hey- when it's 94 out what do you expect?

You can't see anything outside the resort, but it's right on the main drag with stores and restaurants readily available, and only like 10 minutes from Disney.

I got the expected timeshare sales pitch earful when I checked in, but blew her off and didn't hear from them again. My only complaint was with the concierge service. I knew there was an online discount code for an attraction we were going to, so I went to check with them to see if they had something printed or if they could book it to get the discount. The concierge booked the tickets without the discount, tacked on the convenience fee, and still the prices were listed ower advertised at the attraction then what I paid for them. I wasn't given an itemized receipt, just a total that as it turned out didn't specify what tickets were actually purchased- so I had to call from the manager's office at the attraction to have the concierge email me a copy of that appropriate ticket voucher. Long story short, you can get better deals purchasing yourself.

Room Tip: Get a 'B' side room, nothing is too far from the pools, but it might be quieter to stay as far as you can if that bothers you.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Greetings from Star Island Resort,

Thank you for this great review CJags8. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, activities and the surrounding property. Star Island takes great pride in our resort and love hearing that our guests really enjoyed their stay. Thank you again for the review!