“NEVER AGAIN”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Peoria, Illinois
“NEVER AGAIN”
Reviewed 12 June 2010

When we checked in it was a beautiful lobby and very clean. But the room was a diffrent story all together. It was horrible!!!! The instant we walked in the room there was a very distinct musty smell and a cleaning chemical that gave you an instant head ache. We turned around and went to the check in desk. Their first response was we can send someone to look into the smell. I said no we need another room or to be moved to their other property. Well needless to say they moved us to a newly renovated room. Even it was newly renovated it still was just ok. With being a wyndam owner we expected a nicer resort. When checking out another owner was telling the front desk staff their experience was horrible also. They compared it to "slumming it" .
The only bright side of the stay was the wonderful staff at the wyndam desk and leaving. If you want a nice time share check out their other property Bonnet Creek that is where we will be staying from now on.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank msht1234

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (577)
  • Polish first
key largo, fl
Reviewed 11 June 2010

The condo direct (found on Travelzoo) folks were worthless but the hotel was terrific!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank irmawoodward
washington
Reviewed 11 June 2010

Took a trip with my Mom to Orlando and decided to give Star Island a try because I had gone there and looked at the model room, which is shown on the website. I own at Fantasyworld and seeing that the price was the same for both places I decided to go with Star Island. We stayed in a two bedroom unit. When we got there and got to the room I was extremely disappointed. We were at the building farthest away from the entrance and the room was not at all like what I had seen. The kitchen was not a full kitchen but more of a kitchenette. The kitchen is a big deal for me because I like to be able to cook my meals in the room. The sink was so small that it was nearly impossible to wash anything in it. We had to actually go and buy some cooking utensils because the room did not come with them. The living room area was also small with a very small TV. The rooms were very noisy and my room faced the walkway outside and was directly across from the elevator. It is a good thing I always travel with earplugs and a face mask for sleeping. The second bathroom had a jacuzzi tub but in order to get into it you had to step over a 2 foot wall to get in. Not very convienient for my handicapped Mom.

Although the resort is very nice and everything is clean, I would not stay here again but will stay at my home resort just because of the advantage of the full kitchen, easy access jacuzzi tub, 42" plasma TV, two bedrooms and three bathrooms. In the future I will call ahead and make sure of what I am getting because this was not at all what I expected and they don't advertise this unit on the website.

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank Babysvt
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 June 2010

I go every year with my family as a vacation. We're a huge group: adults, young children, and teens. Everyone always enjoy themselves. The kids go to the pool, the adults enjoy the bar, and everyone else goes to the game-room or the gift shop. The rooms are spacious, the beds are comfy, and the resort is in a GREAT location. Absolutely awesome. I love you Star Island.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Lee's Summit, Missouri
Reviewed 22 May 2010

There are apparently great units as shown on the resort website; however, the unit we were given was the pits! Furniture looked and felt like it was purchased in the 80's. TV's could not have had more than 19" diameter. We booked through Wyndham for a single night --- thank goodness that's all it was. Advertising is very deceiving. The grounds are beautiful, but ask a lot of questions to determine whether you are going to be in a unit as pictured on the website, or one like we had. If you are with Wyndham, don't waste your points here.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tennkan
Port Charlotte, Florida
Reviewed 20 May 2010

My friends and I were there for a 2 day seminar and only spent one night. We took the 3 bedroom suite/2 baths. Very roomy and clean, the 3rd bedroom was a little small with only a pull out sofa but not bad for kids. Plenty of things to do for the kids and would definitely come back to enjoy them. We were gone all day and only used their amenities that evening. Highly recommend for price as well as room.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 10 May 2010

We recently took our 18 month old daughter to Disney for the first time and stayed at the Star Island Resort. We LOVED it!!!!! The resort is amazing, the rooms are fabulous, it's like actually having a vacation home with EVERYTHING that you need. I would absolutely recommend this place over and over again. We actually loved the resort so much, that we were debating if to go to the parks at all or just stay all day at the resort day!!!! We will defintely be back again SOON!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family