“No No No!”

Ranked #98 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Arkansas
“No No No!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

My wife and I just returned today from a 3 night stay (room 333) and had several issues with this hotel. As with previous reviews the towel situation is a bit ridiculous. While we were out of our room the guy doing the laundry came into our room and took out our used towels but didn't replace them. I called them and he told me they were short on towels and if i needed some to contact the front desk. Housekeeping wouldn't make it to anywhere near our room for another few hours but by then I went down to the front desk to get replacement towels to which she didn't have enough to replace what was taken. We have stayed in over 100 hotels (long before trip advisor) and have never heard of that.
The second issue was our room safe. When we wanted to leave the room for the evening we realized the safe didn't have the battery installed. It was after hours when I notified the front desk so that wasn't their fault. What is their fault is someone should have been in charge to make sure everything is in working order. The next morning before breakfast (7:30am) I reminded the lady at the front desk about the safe. She said she would have it taken care of. 3 hours later after returning to the room we noticed the safe wasn't fixed. I called for a 3rd time and the lady told me they must have written down the wrong room #..Really!! 30 minutes later someone came and installed a battery. The battery was secured with duct tape and over the course of the next 2 days we had to keep pushing the battery in to get it to work.
The 3rd issue was with the tub fixtures. Both were extremely loose and looked as if they were about to break. In addition the handle to regulate the temperature kept turning…in both directions. You never got a comfortable setting and turning the water completely off was time consuming. I didn't mention that to the front desk because honestly the whole room needs an update.
What did we like about our stay…the bed was comfortable although the fitted sheet kept coming off the bed. The mini fridge and microwave were nice.
Their "laundry facilities" consisted of one washer and one dryer on the 2nd floor as directed by the front desk. If they had more then they didn't mention it. The cost was $2.50 per load. If you had plans to do laundry then I recommend one of the coin op laundry facilities on Vine less that 5 minutes away. Cheaper than at the hotel and of course you can do more than 1 load at a time.
They do have a fitness facility but we didn't use it because we have gym memberships at Planet Fitness less than a 3 minute drive away.
The breakfast room was just ok. We have been in smaller ones but I can see how people may consider that small with more people staying.
The front desk was nice but what I've noticed with every hotel is whether or not a member of management leave comments on our reviews. to me that shows caring and a willingness to correct what needs fixing. As of right now they haven't so do with that what you will. I saw this placed was ranked #47 out of 160 hotels in the area so that is why I didn't read too much into the absence of manager comments. I'm not sure how long this hotel is but my guess is the high ranking was based on early on reviews when things were new. Suffice it to say we won't be returning. I also want to mention our room wasn't one of the newer rooms.. Our t.v. wasn't a flat screen. This is 2014. Any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Room Tip: If you insist on staying here please ensure everything in the room works before you unpack. Any pro...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jerseytraveller_8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Ashdod, Israel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed with our kids and were very disappointed from the place. Seems like an old and not maintained place. We did not have enough towels and we had to call reception several times until they agreed to give us more towels. Iron in the room was broken. Breakfast was lame and the smell in the dining room was not good. We didn't enjoyed our stay at all.

Room Tip: Higher floors seems to have more sense of security
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Avital K

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Liverpool, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

The price was right, for what we got. when I booked this hotel, I went by the name. I thought the Baymont was a much nicer place to stay. This hotel was not like the other Baymont Hotels, it only had the name. The lobby area was not very nice and the breakfast area was so crowed and not much room to sit either. B'fast was nothing to good. you had to wait in long line to get cereal or toast. they did have a waffle maker, but again you had to wait in long line. all they had was cereal, waffle toast, coffee and juice. The room was ok, but very soft pillows. The bathroom needed some work, our tub looked like it had been painted over to cover some sort of spots. The first two days of our stay, we were not able to get back in our room. there was a problem with the key lock on door, finally after the third day they replaced the batteries and we were able to get in our room without someone coming to open it for us. Knowing what I know now, I would have spent a little more money for a better Hotel.

Room Tip: could here planes go overhead up to 11pm at night.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Grant, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Again this year we spent two nights at this motel, the start and finish of our ten day vacation. Both rooms were nice, one had brand new carpet, but both sinks needed replacing. We slept great both nights. Breakfast is in a small room, enough to get you started for the day. Everything considered, it is not a bad value for the price you pay.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Impala guy
Dixon, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

The room was ok but the walls/doors don't keep out noise from the outside. People in a room near us were out talking and that kept me awake quite a while. It was clean and a good value for the price paid. Not a fancy place but will do well for a traveler on a budget (with earplugs). Pretty standard breakfast (waffles, cereal, pastries) available included in room but it was the first time I had ever seen a hotel with a sign saying they would charge $10 if you took the food back to your room.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ldymacbeth89
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Lake Buena Vista
BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel
Seasons Florida Resort
#14 of 152 in Kissimmee
Windsor Palms Resort
#7 of 59 in Kissimmee

Been to Baymont Inn and Suites Kissimmee? Share your experiences!