“Clean accommodation”

Ranked #98 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Charleston, South Carolina
“Clean accommodation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

This is an older hotel in a part of town that had seen better days. There were a few closed business surrounding the hotel but not the usual vagrants floating around that one associates with these types if buildings.

The hotel is older but clean. Our stay was quiet and uneventful. We really didn't have time to take in the pool. We did do breakfast, which was a basic continental.

The staff was very accommodating and helpful. We were from well outside the area and they took the time to point out some sites of interest.

If you are looking for clean cheap accommodation, this fits the bill.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Anthony P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Saint Petersbur
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

For the money, it was okay, but not exactly what I had expected. All the properties around the motel were out of business and looking shabby. Breakfast bar had very little assortment.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

1 Thank Laurie O

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Locust, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

My son made reservations on Baymont Inn's Website. Gave his credit card info etc to pay for the room as a gift to me. I called the day before to verify and was told everything was fine. After traveling 12 hours and finally finding the hotel (it sits back behind other buildings in an old section of town) I went in to check in only to be told since I didn't have my son's credit card I did not have a room. They told me to have my son fax copy of his card, but it was too dark and therefore still did not have a room. My son, and myself as well, have, in the past reserved rooms online with a credit card and did not have to show the credit card. As I sat in the dirty lobby waiting, wondered what the rooms must look like. There was a glass case in the lobby with rubber figures that hadn't been dusted in five years. The attendent was not very friendly or helpful. Worst experience of reservations ever. Went to a different hotel. Will never consider staying at another Baymond Inn ever!!!!

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Suzanne W
Villa Park, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

My group stayed at this hotel for 3 nights recently. While the lobby was beautiful and clean, the rest of the hotel was filthy. The rooms weren't bad, just poor lighting and air conditioning that never reached the bathroom area. The pool had lots of debris at the bottom (unless that was the bottom without paint) and it had no filtration system. The pool towels were very small and very thin. The corridors from the elevators were very dark, dirty and spooky. The stairways were very dirty and had garbage on them that never got picked up. We didn't even want to touch the railings as they were filthy and sticky. We do not recommend this hotel to anyone! Even the free breakfast left lots to be desired.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Patricia F
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here over the 4rth of July weekend and I used my credit card points to book. Overall the hotel was fair.

The bad:
1. Hotel was in a decent area. But it was not clearly marked on 192 so we ended up passing it and having to turn around. There are multiple closed businesses in front of the hotel as well so it was not clearly seen from the road either.
2. The driveway/road leading to the hotel had tons of potholes. Not pleasant to drive during the rain as the puddles covered the potholes and you didn't see them until you hit them.
3.Overall the cleanliness of the hotel was average. Could use a deep cleaning on the carpets for sure. Mattresses need to be replaced. They sag in the middle and were uncomfortable.
3.The vent in the bathroom which I suspect once held a small exhaust fan and which is now just a vent... Emitted smells all the time like smoke and something sour. Not sure why but it was not pleasant. Had to leave the bathroom door closed during our entire stay.
5. The staff wasn't rude but they were not overly friendly either. When we checked out I asked for a copy of my receipt she said she could not produce that because I had paid online with my points. I have always been able to get a zero dollar receipt from any hotel I have stayed at no matter how I paid. I just wanted to make sure no additional charges had been added to the credit card I had to put on file. Was not happy about that.

The good:
1. there is a bowling alley behind the hotel. The place is clean and well run and the prices are great. We walked over and enjoyed a couple of games during the day while it was raining.
2. 20 minute drive to Disney and approx 30 minute drive to Universal. Also short drive to outlet mall.
3. Relatively short driving distance to several restaurants, souvenir stores and putt putt golf courses.
4. Did not use the pool but it looked clean and we saw several people in it each day.
5. Hotel had machines to do laundry. Which I thought was nice but one of the machines on our floor was broken.
6. Exterior of the building looked good even though you could tell it was one of the older hotels in the area.

Overall I wouldn't recommend paying for this hotel until it gets a remodel. Since we used points I wasn't overly upset with the overall condition of the hotel but I would not pay money to stay here.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Jbailey04
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Lake Buena Vista
BEST WESTERN Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel
Seasons Florida Resort
#14 of 152 in Kissimmee
Windsor Palms Resort
#7 of 58 in Kissimmee

Been to Baymont Inn and Suites Kissimmee? Share your experiences!