“Excellent place for Families”

Ramada Kissimmee Downtown Hotel
Ranked #75 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

At check in the staff was excellent, Cleanliness was excellent, Restaurant staff was excellent and the Breakfast was great. Best Hotel I have ever stayed in. I am a wyndham rewards member and have stayed at all the Ramada's in Orlando and Kissimmee area but this is the best hotel in service and has a class. I give them 5 stars.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I have too say what a BIG difference from the former Comfort Inn (for me was a disappointment)
I stopped booking there. But I did like the downtown area. I was informed Comfort Inn was under new management (Ramada Inn) So last week I booked a suite at the Ramada Inn Downtown
Kissimmee....I was Pleasantly surprised what a difference from Comfort Inn .. Can't say enough
about their staff and management (T. Samborski) made checking in a pleasure
The suite very comfortable their restaurant buffet was great ... The price very reasonable. Thanks Ramada for a comfortable and relaxing stay count on me coming back.

Room Tip: When traveling to downtown kissimmee think about Ramada
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sam t
Qdan, Public Relations Manager at Ramada Kissimmee Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you very much Sam T for the glowing review. Our new management team is dedicated to making every aspect of our Ramada Hotel in Kissimmee first class and focused on our guests during your entire stay.
Our new buffett in Olive's Restaurant has been well received and we have many more upgrades throughout the hotel planned. Please make us your home away from home when you're looking for a Kissimmee or Orlando area hotel. Thanks again!

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Great location near the parks. Rooms very clean and comfortable with the balcony, especially beds very comfortable, all fabulous. Great stuff, especially Thomas Samborski make guest stay pleasant, very helpful and friendly. Otherwise great price!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank R0adrunner82

Thanks for the great review for our Ramada Maingate Central. We're glad you enjoyed our central location to all of Orlando's theme parks. Your kind words about our cleanliness and the service you received from Thomas will relayed to our housekeeping staff.
We look forward to having you as our guest went you visit the Kissimmee/Orlando area again.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel in Kissimmee, I was extremely surprised. Rooms were clean, linens were clean, hotel staff was the best. They were very helpful with places to eat, where to go and how to get there. The dinner buffet was incredible!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, great view from all of them!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Amy A
Qdan, Public Relations Manager at Ramada Kissimmee Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

That you for the fantastic review for our property. We have recently hired a great new management staff and we are pleased that you are seeing the results of our upgrades in rooms as well as in our restaurant. We hope that you will stay with us when visiting the Kissimmee area on your next visit.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

That lead to me say I would never stay here again.

Here are a few:

In the shower, water barely warm and poor pressure.

Signs everywhere saying that they have a restaurant and sports bar, well they have a restaurant but no bar, they do not have a license.

Restaurant was very crowded for breakfast, to the point that there was no place to sit, they would not open another section of the place but told us to come in earlier there was less of a crowd then and we were not the only ones with no place to sit.

Dirty dishes on table between the elevator and our room, when we arrived, when we left 4 days later, they were still there.

Used the coffee pot in the room on Saturday and it never got cleaned or the coffee replaced, we checked out on Monday.

And last but not least, there is a button on the phone to call the front desk, it does not work. And when we informed the front desk they said they had heard that and we just needed to dial 0 and that would work.

The thing that put me off the most was the fact that none of the employees cared. There was never an apology or anything that acknowledged there was a problem. Do not stay here, you will not be happy.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your very thoughtful review. We appreciate your observations and are currently working on our service levels in all areas of the hotel. The Ramada Kissimmee Maingate Central has recently hired new management staff and we are all working diligently to upgrade service in all areas of the hotel. We hope you will give us a another chance in the future to win your trust.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed at hotel during New Year time. Room we were assigned had NO HOT WATER in shower and our bathroom door didn't CLOSE. They would know this due to regular cleaning but still assigned us this room. We complained and they said they will fix, but they didn't fix the door when we returned at end of the day. On top of it, our room keys stopped working. We also noticed they didn't put enough towels in the room. We called about both issues. and requested room change. Finally when new room was assigned, that also didn't have enough towels next day and for all 3 days of stay - every single day, our room key won't work more than 24 hours. It was frustrating to go and get our keys reset. Breakfast was only good exception, but guess what ? We were informed wrong breakfast hours on first day and that lead to us missing our breakfast. It was hotel staff's mistake, still they weren't courteous enough to offer us basic breakfast. We did get to eat other 2 days and food was good, however they should make sure to refill everything before they run out of things such as Coffee,cupcakes etc. Manager did offer to provide 1 day discount to compensate for our bad experience, but that won't make us return to stay at this place again. Overall very bad stay and it didn't measure up to quality stay expected from Ramada. (Our previous stays at other Ramada locations have been really good)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
ramadakissimmee, Manager at Ramada Kissimmee Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. i have let the maintenance department know of the problems you had with the room.Ii am glad to know our Front Desk staff did change your room. I have had meeting with my housekeeping department to train the new housekeepers about how many towels are to be in the room. We also missed the mark by having you to come to desk to often with trouble with your room keys.I would like to say that keeping the key cards by any electrical device. Cell phone, Credit Cards, etc. does deactivate them. I'm glad to hear the Manager did compensate you one night for this inconvenience.
It was good to hear you did get to enjoy our continental breakfast. I hope the next time you are in town you can give us a chance to make your experience with us alot better, which I am sure we would and to win back your business. Then you can enjoy our dinner buffet we offer now too as well.
please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I had a prepaid reservation which was lot by the hotel and I had to call my booking site and have them fax over confirmation. After thirty minutes I was finally able to get into a room. Once I was back in Canada I noticed they billed me for the full night on my credit card. I faxed the hotel twice with all documents and called and left messages with no results. I finally called Ramada Worldwide who stated the hotel was supposed to contact me. They said they will send me a cheque and they will deal with the hotel so thank you Ramada Worldwide.

So be warned, don't give up your credit card to them!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your review and letting us know that that your credit card was charged and that you had to wait 30 minutes to get into your room. I will say that the hotel did issue you a refund back to your credit card. We did not get your reservation from the booking agent and looks like we did not hit the mark with this. I have notified the correct department about this matter.
I would like to have the opportunity to have your next stay with us, a more better experience. please call me the next time you are in Kissimmee, Fl.