Pros: very close to Disney resorts, several pools
Cons: customer service sucks, security is a joke
Stayed here in June 2012 in a one bedroom unit (in what I understand was one of the better buildings). First, the checkin service was horrid. There wasn't an outrageous line of people, and yet the staff wasn't moving speedily nor greeting the patrons courteously. Received my keys after a wait and went the room. The room was as described. The kitchen set up was a little weird - in that it had utensils that didn't fit into the cabinets. Having a washer/dryer it he unit was nice, even though only given one pack of detergent (purchased others from the store). The lockout from the other side of the unit was also weird, in that it sounded like the couple from the other side was coming into our unit each time they came/went.
The bad experience was that we were locked out of our unit on three separate occasions (keys stopped working). The staff was very slow to respond (sat in the hall literally for 30 or so minutes on two of one occasions - horrible thing after a long day at the parks to come back to). Then when they arrived they were not very courteous. Went straight to work (great thing) but blocked the way for us to get in and sit in the unit while they worked to figure things out. On one of the 1am occasions we were even called by the front desk (after the service guys left and promised to deliver new keys to the unit) if we wanted them to deliver new keys. Obviously that answer would be yes, sense I wanted to get back into my unit after the next days activities AND the service guys said they would. Anyway, after several of this type of occurrence they finally gave us keys that worked more than once or twice. The rest of the stay I didn't contact them for service.
Last things, the security at the back gate is equivalent to two orange cones and gate arms. It is manned during day hours but not at night. Anyone could walk right onto the property without much notice. The front gate was manned constantly. The main pool was usually crowded and loud. The rules say no kids allowed in the hottub - no enforcement on that - I just left as it was crowded with 'little ones' and didn't bother to return.
The resort location was awesome. They back entrance dropped you right onto Disney's main entrance street without the traffic. The front street had good access to lots of shops/chain-restaurants. I didn't use the spa or ticket services.
I wouldn't stay here again - given a choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silver Lake Resort, Orlando's Best-Kept Secret. Our Luxurious Resort is located 2 miles from Walt Disney Animal Kingdom Theme Park; seven miles from Walt Disney World Resort and just minutes away from other Central Florida's premier attractions. Whether you love your easy access for travel to the local attractions or a nice quiet vacation stay, either way we can accommodate the vacation you desire. *Resort Amenities:23,000 sq. Ft. Clubhouse.9,000 Sq. Heated swimming pool. Zero entry pool between 1000 building and 900 building. Satellite pool adjacent to main pool. Newly renovated cabana serving food and drinks. Large outdoor whirlpool spa, children's pool, outdoor BBQ grills. Gift and convenience shop.Golf simulator, arcade room, enclosed children's play area.Movie theatre, video rentals.Fitness center with sauna, tennis court/basketball court.Business center .Shuffleboard court. *All Villas/Suites Feature:Air conditioning/heat.Television with cable hook-up including HBO.Ceiling fans.DVD players.Fully equipped kitchens.Washer/dryers.Screen patios.Jacuzzi and separate shower area.Built-in hair dryer.King, queen, full and/or sofa sleeper. *Now Completed:316 designer furnished villas now completed32 one bedroom villas84 two bedroom villas104 two bedrooms split villas 72 three bedroom villas Awards:RCI Gold Crown Resort since 1993.Charter member of RCI Points Resorts.Member of American Resort Development Association (ARDA).Member of the Kissimmee/Osceola Chamber of Commerce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Southall Travel, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Silver Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Lake Hotel Kissimmee
- Silver Lake Resort Florida
- Silver Lake Resort Orlando
- Silver Lake Kissimmee
- Silver Lake Resort Kissimmee, Florida