“For the right price. ..”
Review of Silver Lake Resort

Silver Lake Resort
Ranked #8 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Let me start with our usual timeshare is Orange Lake which is a huge property that has enough amenities to entertain everyone for at least two weeks. This property is extremely small. We stayed in a hotel style room with a "partial" kitchen ie. Microwave and refrigerator and coffee maker. My biggest issue was they gave complimentary coffee and call it a partial kitchen yet after making a pot of horrendous coffee, I open the cabinet for a mug and everything is empty. They only think in the drawers was a can opener. I called and waited so long I needed to leave to head to the parks sans my morning coffee. When I spoke to the front desk they dismissed me and offered no apologies. The staff is not the usual service you would expect from hotels and such. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable but the whole building was out of date and seemed more like an apartment complex rather than a resort. They painted everything to renovate. The pool area for children was boring. We did the parks but my child enjoys swimming on our relaxing days but did not feel satiated by the lack of pool fun. Our view from our enclosed porch was construction. This is a decent place but I wouldn't stay again just because it's for older people not really children. The distance to the parks was great.

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank Carla D
There are newer reviews for Silver Lake Resort

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

I live by Trip Advisor reviews, so I have to write this one about Silver Lakes Resort in Orlando, FL. We stayed here Dec 27- Jan 3, 2014 with an RCI Exchange (still here). Here are the pluses:
1) Great location- 2 mins from Disney, and close to shopping, restaurants, and urgent care (I'm a nurse, so that's important). Also close to everything else- Universal, Sea World, Outlet malls, ESPN wide world of sports, and so much more.
2)Really nice condos. We were in an updated unit on the Silver points side (800 bldg, unit 8302). We had a 2 Br/2Br condo with a huge master bathroom, spacious living/dining, full kitchen fully stocked, washer and dryer in unit, and screened in balcony with access from the living area as well as the master. The decor is really nice and up to date. Flat screens on the walls and DVD players in the unit. There are 3 pools, all heated, and one small one was right across from our building, so we have a nice view from our balcony. We also had a trash room on our floor. Some of the other units that were not upgraded did not have: w/d in unit, elevators, or trash on their floor. They had to go outside (thankfully we didn't).
3) The staff have been super friendly. We checked in early and they accommodated us. Then we found out we had a lockoff unit that would not work for our family, and they switched us to another unit that was just as nice.
4) The main pool and cabana area are really nice. There is a deli in the main reception center. I haven't had any food from there, but the prices seem reasonable. There are also free fairly new movies at their theater twice a day, and a tennis court and playground.

Here are the minuses (not many):
1) There is no golf course on the resort (I could care less, but my husband does).
2) There is free wifi, but it's hit or miss (my moms just went out as I'm typing this on my phone).
3) It's not a huge resort, like some of the others in this area. It's big enough to be a resort, but not massive like the marriott or Sheraton Vistana.

All in all, this place is really nice and I would definitely stay here again. There's nothing really negative to say about this resort.

Stayed: December 2013
10  Thank Tiana W
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Can not say enough good things about this resort. It's clean, the staff was attentive and helpful, it's in a great location with easy access to many attractions and given that it was holiday week it felt like we were there alone. We will definitely be returning this summer. I would say that the B unit is good for a couple but tight for a family of 4. Did not dampen or fun though.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Rooms are very nice, bathroom and dorms, swimming pool We didn't have time to use it.
The cons are drinking water for instance for tea or coffee is horrible, you need to by water in supermarket and put it on the coffee maker, never from faucet, don't know why nobody here tell you about it

Room Tip: I can't compare rooms , I only know one, don't see a difference between them
3  Thank Guillermo S
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We were well pleased with our accommodations. We had a two bedroom lock out. We found the kitchen well appointed with all the items we needed to prepare meals. The bathrooms were very clean, but the bathtub finish work was incomplete. The beds were comfortable and rooms spacious. We all liked it and we were a party of 4 adults and one 9 year old girl.
The best thing about the resort was the location as we were a few minutes drive from Disney Parks, restaurants, and shopping.

Room Tip: We were in bldg 1700 on the 4th floor and found room quiet.
1  Thank flom
Reviewed 26 December 2013

This resort is in an absolutely perfect location, with all of the amenities needed for your stay. The units are dated and need remodeling, but are clean and have well stocked kitchens. We had a two bedroom unit which is supposed to sleep 6. The bedroom in the main unit was tight, but was fine for my daughter and I. The separate unit (lock-off area) was quite spacious, but had a small bathroom. Each bedroom had a king size bed, and the living room had a sleeper sofa, so families might have some trouble with sleeping arrangements in order to accomodate 6. However, for 3 or 4 people, it is great.

1  Thank rlenway
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Very-well maintained resort, courteouis staff, lots of activities. Felt very secure- as
I was travelling alone this trip. My adult kids were able to visit and stay & i
I also had a childhood friend stay. Great place to relax and soak up the sun. The little store had everything imaginable and the cabana was perfect to grab a bite and cocktail.

Room Tip: try for a pool view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank salgal216
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Quality Inn & Suites By The Parks
#2 of 154 in Kissimmee
Star Island Resort and Club
Star Island Resort and Club
#23 of 154 in Kissimmee

Been to Silver Lake Resort? Share your experiences!