“OMG not worth it.”

Ranked #8 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Burleigh Heads, Australia
“OMG not worth it.”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed here due to be conned by the marketing company (Suncoast Holidays)that this timeshare company uses. I bought this holiday package 2 & half years ago. Told at first it was a prize then said it was just a way to promote their hotels. All I had to do was to try them out & tell family and friends when I travelled back home to Australia. I knew America was going through a financial crisis so I thought it was just a promotional tool. I paid $990. For 2 nights in Las Vegas ( circus circus) 6 nights in Orlando ( silver lake resort) & 2 nights in Fort Lauderdale ( weston) also 7 days car hire was also included I rejected the 3 day cruise that was offered as they put an extra charge of $300 for port tax or $500 port tax for 5 day cruise. Port tax is around $125 normally. Another woman rang me back to confirm the purchase then told me I had to attend this timeshare tour. I blew up & demanded my money back but she wouldn't do it. I was so angry & felt stuck with this thing. When I booked they said if I wanted to up grade so there would be a kitchen it would be an extra $230. Apparently they all have kitchens. As my male friend is in a relationship it isn't appropriate that we share a bed. I was led to believe there were 2 beds. Instead in Silver lakes Orlando we had to share the couch. The timeshare tour in silver lakes Orlando was grueling. 3+ hours & when I thought it was finally over she brings over another man (the closer) suggesting a cheaper alternative. I said no & told them at the beginning how I was fooled into coming here. They acted like they have never heard of this before & blamed me for not contacting my bank to cancel the transaction.( I didn't know I could do that). They said it had nothing to do with them & take it up with the marketing company. The marketing company has been doing this for years. A fellow work mate had this happen to her back in 2008. When I said no to there timeshare offer & complained that it's been over 3 hours & was told it was a 90 min tour they stormed off in a huff. The whole timeshare set up is a con. $35000 initial cost plus Bodycorp/ maintenance $$$ ?? They wouldn't say how much but I have been told by others in timeshare hundreds/thousands depends how many shares they purchase. $129 booking fee. You may get 2 weeks holiday with that but they weren't clear. They eventually then try & sell you less shares/points for $18000.Also what they don't say is that if you book a holiday with timeshare you have to book 1 to 2 years in advance as they are book up most of the time. You can collect your points that they allocate you every year but after 3 years you lose them all. The points goes towards the accommodation. The more points you have the longer you can stay depends on high peak & low peak times and resort. Timeshare will lend you the money at a high interest rate if you don't have it. So good of them. Then when I arrived in Fort Lauderdale raddisson the middle aged man at the welcome desk sprung on me that I have to go to another timeshare tour & told me my accommodation was half an hour away out the back of no where mans land. I said the contract just says 1 tour & he rudely cut in to what I was trying to say said take it up with YOUR company. It's THEIR marketing company they use to get us there in the first place. There were many angry people in the foyer as they were also conned in this way too. What makes me laugh is that they put me in the crappiest rooms & yet try & sell me the place as a great place to come. They threaten that if you don't complete the tour they will charge you the full amount for the accommodation. God knows what that amount would be. Whilst doing this TOUR they show me nicely done up rooms saying this is what you will be staying in if you go with us but yet I am staying in a crappy room that is timeshare. I spoke to the people that were in timeshare at the resort & they say that once you buy one timeshare they continue to try & sign you up for other timeshares as they hope you buy more & more. The second tour was mainly for existing timeshare holders to try & get them to part with $11000 for discount accommodation. Isn't the whole point of timeshare is to never have to pay for another holiday for the rest of your life. Though you have to part with $35000 and $129 booking fee and maintence fees $$$ might as well pay for a holiday in the hotel of your choice when you want to go on holiday. You aren't saving any money doing it this way. If you don't pay the maintence fees you lose your timeshare & you can try & sell it but no one wants it. The tour was so exhausting that it ruined the rest of the day. Not worth it. Oh the breakfast they offer is a joke & never gave me an opportunity to eat it anyway. Ha ha

Room Tip: The girls in reception were nice & helpful but there was no room service.cleaning service you pa...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
9 Thank Joey11_695

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
Dunnville, KY
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Nice, family friendly resort. Located close to Disney. Well kept grounds. Clean rooms. Friendly staff. Very friendly with a lot of on-site activities. Would stay again. Stayed in the 2 bedroom condo with jacuzzi.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Ted S
Cincinnati
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I read several reviews concerning this location and almost all were great reviews and now I know why.

Reception- quick check-in. Unit I had called ahead for was not ready, but a comparable unit was in Building 700 was ready. Glad we moved because our original room in Bldg 200 had new construction of another resort going on and our balcony would have been facing it. Bldg 700 was right aross from the main pool and tennis courts and we heard no construction noise at all. Went to get our parking pass and told them we were RCI members and received no high pressure visit speech. We did receive 2 calls during the trip reminding us about the opportunity but was not high pressure calls.

Condo- very large 2 BR condo for 4 adults and 1 child. Master BR had a King bed with huge bathroom with a jacuzzi tub and separate shower., 2nd BR had 2 doubles and their own bath. Full kitchen with everything you would need and if you needed somethong more just call the front desk. Great flat panel TVs, but no HD. Washer/dryer. Just a overall great condo. We were on the 2nd floor but had no issues with noise from other rooms. Bldg 700 had 3 floors but no elevators. We had free internet and it worked great.

Property- Pool was great with a Cabanna bar and grill. Game room was ok, but could use more games for smaller children. Grounds themselves were well maintained daily.

Location- really close and easy access to all Disney Parks, less than 10 minutes even during peak hours and less than 15 minutes to Downtown Disney and 30 minutes to Universal. Great restaraunts close by. Check out Miller Ale House and Joe's Crabshack. Publix grocery store all less than 5 minutes away.

Staff- all very pleasant and so willing to help. Was offered a Activity card for $22 at checkin. I highly recommend it. $1.00 off draft beer at the cabana, buy 1 Dominios pizza get one free, paid for itself. Many other extras with the card!!! A mid week tidy up is offered but we did not use i

I highly recommend this resort for anyone visiting the Disney area. This is the 3rd resort we have stayed at in the area and I would return to this resort again in the future.

Room Tip: Bldg 700 room 724 was where we stayed and it was great and close to everything. Bldg 100-300 I would...
3 Thank Paul K
Alabama
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We used our RCI week for a week here Spring Break 2014. We found it to be a clean, comfortable place to rest and relax at night before hitting the parks again the next day. We are not big on the resort amenities but there did appear to be a reasonable amount of things to keep you occupied there if you wished. Check in was smooth and easy and a huge plus--no pushy sales pitch for time share sales.
My 2 complaints--condo was on 2nd floor with fairly steep stairs was difficult for someone with mobility issues to climb and the master bath/toilet area was very small . The total bath area is ample just the private toilet area is claustrophobic.

Room Tip: Bldg 600, not much of a view but not bothered by construction next door
2 Thank pjmhart
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My first real review on TA. I always use TA for my research, so I figured I'd give back. My family of 4 just stayed here for a week over spring break through an RCI exchange. It wasn't my first choice, but we just scheduled in Feb, so our RCI choices were very limited. This seemed like the best of the 5 choices that I had to work with. Considering that RCI has about 300 resorts in Florida, and this one still had rooms available over spring break, I wasn't expecting much.

We called ahead of time and asked about the construction that we had read about. They were helpful on the phone and put a note in the computer that we requested a room away from the construction. Check-in was a breeze and they did require a $150 credit card deposit. We arrived at about 3:00 (check-in time). After visiting the front desk for check-in, we were sent to the time share sharks to obtain our parking pass (standard fare at most time-share resorts). She asked if I wanted to sit in for a presentation breakfast to receive a bunch of Disney and local discounts. I quickly told her that I'm already an owner and have zero intentions of upgrading or buying anything. She instantly backed off and just went into describing the resort amenities, which I was pleased about.

The staff at check-in were nice and told us that our room away from the construction wasn't ready to go and to leave my cell number and she would call me when the room was ready to go. She suggested we hang at the pool until our room was ready, which we did. By 5:00 nobody had called, so I walked to the front desk to check on the room. They handed me the keys and sent me on my way. I wasn't surprised that they never called, but didn't really care as the time at the pool was very relaxing after a long travel day.

They ended placing us in building 900 on the second floor. It was a 1 bedroom G Unit. From what I could tell, the only buildings away from the construction are 800, 900, and 1000. That's where you want to be.

The room was okay, but it did have some issues with it that upset my wife and I. First, the beds. If you like sleeping in a hammock, then this bed is for you. It was an older thick pillow top that you literally sunk into...in a really bad way. It was like being in a hammock and provided no support at all. My wife and I were separated by a large hump in the middle of the mattress. Curiosity made me pull back the sheet to have a look at the brand and it was a Stearns & Foster. It must have been a really old mattress. I dreaded every night I had to lay in it to sleep knowing that my back would be killing me every morning - and it did.

The kids slept on the pull-out couch in the living room and it was far from comfortable, even for a 6 and 9 year old after a hard day of swimming and playing. My 9 year old ended sleeping on an inflatable mattress that we brought, just in case this happened. Once the pull-out was opened up, the living room became VERY tight. It kind of forced all of us into the bedroom to watch TV and chill out. Adding the air mattress made it even tighter in the room, but we had to do it. Speaking of TV's, they were flat-screens, but of the lowest quality. Most channels were low-def and I only found a few channels that worked well.

The kitchen was fine. We only used it in the morning for cereal and toast, but it served it's purpose.

The bathroom.....yuk. Black mold covered the bottom of the glass shower door and looked like it had never been wiped down. It was really gross and I considered calling to have us moved to another room, but thought it would be a big hassle, so I left it alone and just ignored it. A little TLC and deep cleaning would make the bathroom nice, but I found the highly visible mold unacceptable.

The deck overlooked an ugly and barren marsh/forest. But, I did request this view. My options for the balcony in the 900 building were overlooking a parking lot, or overlooking this forest. I chose the forest view, which looked out to complete blackness at night. It was kind of strange. Some may enjoy the dark and quiet, but it wasn't pleasant by any means. The balcony also lacked a table to sit at. It had two small chairs and a tiny 18" by 18" table for holding drinks and such. My family was looking forward to hanging on the deck and playing Uno and such at night, but that never happened due to the lack of space and a table that we could sit at.

On a more positive note, the pools were clean and provided a ton of activities for the kids throughout the day including bingo, contests, games, etc. They offered two kids movies each night in a screening room, but we never took advantage of this option. We only used two of the three pools. The main pool and the one right near our building. No lifeguards, so we had to keep a sharp eye on the kids at all times. The kids really enjoyed the pool. The arcade is old school and the kids didn't spend much time there at all. There was plenty of pool seating and the bar was fairly priced for food and drinks. The food was actually really good at the pool. The pizza was excellent and the drinks were strong. At check-in, I was asked to sign a form stating that any lost pool towels would cost $20 each. The pool towels were in the room and not given out at the pool. I found the $20 per towel warning a bit insulting, but it is what it is.

This hotel is very close to the Animal Kingdom and tons of dining options. We ate at Chuy's one night, which was decent. We also ate at Buffalo Wild Wings one night since most of the good options were on a long wait.....it was spring break.

The thing that really ticked me off was the parking lot being used by staff golf carts and taking up spaces that should be used by the guests. Many times I came back from a coffee or food run to find no spots anywhere near my building because golf carts were taking up a bunch of spaces. I found that to be totally unacceptable in every way considering they could park anywhere.

Overall, it was an average condo with average amenities. The kids had a good time there, and that's what matters to me the most.

Room Tip: Buildings 800, 900, and 1000 are away from the construction.
1 Thank CasualTraveler2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Had a wonderful time at this resort.... Me two kiddos my Father and Step Mother. It was so peaceful and we loved the screened porch for morning time..... The back gate leading to Disney was SUPER AWESOME!!! We had a great time in the pools and kids enjoyed making tie dye shirts and enjoying hot dogs by the pool and pool side games!!!

Room Tip: We had a lower level room that was near pool and it was great...
Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank 75Momof3
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We just got back from an RCI timeshare exchange here and were very satisfied with our stay. We were in building 1000 in a 2 bedroom apartment on the second floor with plenty of room for 4 adults and one child. The beds were very comfortable and everything was clean and well maintained.

The place was fully stocked with toiletries, paper goods, laundry and dish detergent and coffee packs. As an RCI guest, we took advantage of the mid-week "tidy clean" which involved a change of towels and linens as well as cleaning of tiled areas. There was also a restocking of supplies.

The staff is very accommodating, friendly and helpful. We did not go to the breakfast and there was no pressure to attend.

We spent the majority of the time at Disney World which we were able to access without going on the main highways. There were activities offered but we did not have time to check them out.

We were conveniently close to Highway 192 with access to so many restaurants and shops.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank skoo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Quality Inn & Suites By The Parks
Magic Moment Resort and Kids Club
Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts
Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
Polynesian Isles Resort
Polynesian Isles Resort
#2 of 152 in Kissimmee
Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort

Been to Silver Lake Resort? Share your experiences!