“Loved it!!”
Review of Silver Lake Resort

Silver Lake Resort
Ranked #7 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 17 April 2014

After reading some of the reviews, I was a little worried. Once I got to the resort, all my fear disappeared. The front desk check in went off without a hitch. She was EXTREMELY nice and very warm and welcoming. When we got to our room in the 900 bldg, it was beautiful. Clean, clean, clean! Need I say more? I can handle anything as long as it is clean, and I could not have been happier. The pools were great and everybody that worked at the resort was so friendly. I will go back without hesitation!!! The ONLY thing I would change is finding a parking spot during the day could be a little difficult. The staff rides around on golf carts and they seem to take up all of the parking spaces if they are working in your building. At any given time, they took up 5 spaces every day.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 900 bldg. It was very quiet and close to the back gate. Easy in and out!
7  Thank DBrossart

Reviewed 16 April 2014

My husband and I spent six (6) nights at Silver Lake Resort with our two sons. The resort is lovely, the staff was friendly and helpful.

Great amenities:
- large pool
- entertainment like karaoke in the pool area at night
- bar in the pool area
- large game room with pool tables, air hockey tables, table tennis, arcade games, etc.
- on-compound convenience store
- business center with access to internet and printers
- wifi access in the rooms

We had a two-bedroom, two bathroom unit that was clean, spacious and very comfortable. The unit also had a full kitchen with all stainless steel appliances. Each bedroom as well as the living room area was tastefully furnished and included a large flat-screen TV. Other conveniences that contributed to the "comfort of home" included a stackable washer and dryer, hairdryer, screened porch, in-wall safe, the list goes on.

My only complaint is that the wifi in the room was terribly unreliable and this affected my ability to stay in contact with my office while on vacation.

We stayed in the 200 building. There is construction going on behind the 100 and 200 buildings, but the noise was hardly audible from inside.

I would definitely recommend Silver Lake Resort to anyone visiting Orlando, especially families since I would describe it as one of the more family-friendly resorts we've been to.

4  Thank Camille B
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We booked this place six months ago to stay here with our daughter and granddaughters during they're spring break. I was very concerned that this place would not compare to our Orange Lake Resort timeshare, but my wife be the optimist, assured us that we'd make the best of it no matter what, and she was definitely right! The check-in was fairly fast, and we were assigned unit 423. The place was huge! This was a two bedroom unit, with one King bed in master bedroom, and two full size beds in guest bedroom. The unit backside overlooked a back road that leads to Disney...not a noisy amount of traffic, and didn't experience any noise during nighttime sleeping.
These units were supposedly renovated, but we found several receptacles that were slow sloppy that a plug in would not stay in. We also had a stacked washer/dryer that definitely was well used by us, and worked very well. The resort has three main pools. The main pool on the backside of the lobby was our favorite spot during our stay. Pool depth varies from 3'-6" to 5', and also has a volleyball net crossing an area. A children's pool as well as a spa is at this same pool, as well as another smaller pool which offers a bit more privacy from the poolside activities and bar/restaurant. The food was affordable and tasty. There were activities around the main pool each day ran by the activities employees of the resort. This resort offers all the amenities but without the enormous size of Orange Lake. Everything is within walking distance no matter which unit you stay in. There is construction going on bordering this resort but never once heard any noise that interfered with what we were doing. Our grand daughters want to come back next year and stay in the same unit! We definitely will come back and highly recommend this place to families and singles alike!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank johnsdi
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We are members of RCI and travel many times during the year using our points. Looking for a quick one night stay in Orlando, we booked at Silver Lake Resort. Just to make certain that there were no surprises or hidden charges, we called the resort on 4/5/14 to confirm the deal. "No worries" exclaimed the person in reservations. "The only charge you will incur is the RCI exchange fee." After restating our question and hearing the same answer, we booked the night. Several days later, 4/7/14, Silver Lake called to confirm and tell us about the $16 and change house keeping fee. We shared with this individual that just two nights prior, a SL representative indicated that there were no additional charges. Getting nowhere, we sought the help of a manager. Indeed, we did talk with Manager Donna (Locket - not sure of the spelling). She, in a most rude and discourteous manner, said that we must have misheard the SL representative. We didn't and of course, they do NOT record calls. Regardless of how I stated and restated the situation, Donna just didn't care. The representative was either a trainee or misinformed, nevertheless, we found that they simply can't be trusted to keep to their word. The point is the honesty factor - not necessarily the $16.00. Beware!!!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Robin H
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at Silver Lakes for the second time in March of 2014. Our 2012 trip was fantastic. We liked it so well, we traded our beautiful timeshare to return to Silver Lakes. This year we were given a terrible unit - and I mean terrible. Our kitchen sink was 12". I could not fit the dinner plate in it to wash. The bed was only a double and caved to the center. The TV's were 12" in both the living area and the bedroom. You could not open the closet door without stepping to the left or you'd be pinned between the door and the bed. I called and complained to no avail. For another $50 per night they would rectify the situation. To think that we traded our beautiful timeshare for this dump. We were so disappointed this time and will NEVER return there. Can't take the risk. On the flip side, our last unit was fantastic. I guess its just that kind of resort. Not returning and not recommending.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank suedog1414
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed here due to be conned by the marketing company (Suncoast Holidays)that this timeshare company uses. I bought this holiday package 2 & half years ago. Told at first it was a prize then said it was just a way to promote their hotels. All I had to do was to try them out & tell family and friends when I travelled back home to Australia. I knew America was going through a financial crisis so I thought it was just a promotional tool. I paid $990. For 2 nights in Las Vegas ( circus circus) 6 nights in Orlando ( silver lake resort) & 2 nights in Fort Lauderdale ( weston) also 7 days car hire was also included I rejected the 3 day cruise that was offered as they put an extra charge of $300 for port tax or $500 port tax for 5 day cruise. Port tax is around $125 normally. Another woman rang me back to confirm the purchase then told me I had to attend this timeshare tour. I blew up & demanded my money back but she wouldn't do it. I was so angry & felt stuck with this thing. When I booked they said if I wanted to up grade so there would be a kitchen it would be an extra $230. Apparently they all have kitchens. As my male friend is in a relationship it isn't appropriate that we share a bed. I was led to believe there were 2 beds. Instead in Silver lakes Orlando we had to share the couch. The timeshare tour in silver lakes Orlando was grueling. 3+ hours & when I thought it was finally over she brings over another man (the closer) suggesting a cheaper alternative. I said no & told them at the beginning how I was fooled into coming here. They acted like they have never heard of this before & blamed me for not contacting my bank to cancel the transaction.( I didn't know I could do that). They said it had nothing to do with them & take it up with the marketing company. The marketing company has been doing this for years. A fellow work mate had this happen to her back in 2008. When I said no to there timeshare offer & complained that it's been over 3 hours & was told it was a 90 min tour they stormed off in a huff. The whole timeshare set up is a con. $35000 initial cost plus Bodycorp/ maintenance $$$ ?? They wouldn't say how much but I have been told by others in timeshare hundreds/thousands depends how many shares they purchase. $129 booking fee. You may get 2 weeks holiday with that but they weren't clear. They eventually then try & sell you less shares/points for $18000.Also what they don't say is that if you book a holiday with timeshare you have to book 1 to 2 years in advance as they are book up most of the time. You can collect your points that they allocate you every year but after 3 years you lose them all. The points goes towards the accommodation. The more points you have the longer you can stay depends on high peak & low peak times and resort. Timeshare will lend you the money at a high interest rate if you don't have it. So good of them. Then when I arrived in Fort Lauderdale raddisson the middle aged man at the welcome desk sprung on me that I have to go to another timeshare tour & told me my accommodation was half an hour away out the back of no where mans land. I said the contract just says 1 tour & he rudely cut in to what I was trying to say said take it up with YOUR company. It's THEIR marketing company they use to get us there in the first place. There were many angry people in the foyer as they were also conned in this way too. What makes me laugh is that they put me in the crappiest rooms & yet try & sell me the place as a great place to come. They threaten that if you don't complete the tour they will charge you the full amount for the accommodation. God knows what that amount would be. Whilst doing this TOUR they show me nicely done up rooms saying this is what you will be staying in if you go with us but yet I am staying in a crappy room that is timeshare. I spoke to the people that were in timeshare at the resort & they say that once you buy one timeshare they continue to try & sign you up for other timeshares as they hope you buy more & more. The second tour was mainly for existing timeshare holders to try & get them to part with $11000 for discount accommodation. Isn't the whole point of timeshare is to never have to pay for another holiday for the rest of your life. Though you have to part with $35000 and $129 booking fee and maintence fees $$$ might as well pay for a holiday in the hotel of your choice when you want to go on holiday. You aren't saving any money doing it this way. If you don't pay the maintence fees you lose your timeshare & you can try & sell it but no one wants it. The tour was so exhausting that it ruined the rest of the day. Not worth it. Oh the breakfast they offer is a joke & never gave me an opportunity to eat it anyway. Ha ha

Room Tip: The girls in reception were nice & helpful but there was no room service.cleaning service you pa...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
9  Thank Joey11_695
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Nice, family friendly resort. Located close to Disney. Well kept grounds. Clean rooms. Friendly staff. Very friendly with a lot of on-site activities. Would stay again. Stayed in the 2 bedroom condo with jacuzzi.

4  Thank Ted S