“A Great Place to Relax and Unwind”
Review of Silver Lake Resort

Silver Lake Resort
Ranked #8 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at Silver Lake through Global Connections. We had a one bedroom, two bathroom unit. It had a full kitchen and two separate livings spaces. The master bedroom and bathroom were huge. The master bath contained double sinks, a jacuzzi tub and a separate tile shower. The unit was everything we expected and more.

The main reason we go to Florida for spring break is to get away from the snow and cold in winter. We love to relax and spend time around the pool. Each day when we went down to the pool around 10 AM there was an ample supply of lounge chairs and tables with umbrellas. This was great since we did not have to rush down to the pool each day to make sure that we had a chair.

An added bonus to this resort is that it is right outside of Walt Disney World. If you leave through the back entrance you are at Animal Kingdom in less than five minutes. We took advantage of this a couple of days as we had passes to Disney as well.

Overall I think this was a great resort. I would recommend it to anybody looking for a place to relax or to use as a home base for a Disney vacation. I can't speak to the other units in the complex but the one we received through Global Connections was great.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Mike M

Reviewed 25 April 2014

My husband and I decided to book a 1 bedroom unit with timeshare presentation to save a little cash. Worst decision ever!! They put us in an outdated room with the worst bed!! No comfort at all! Even the pillows were horrible!! The only good thing about the room was the balcony and jacuzzi tub. The t.v in the living room was old..no flat screen! The bedroom had a tiny flat screen and the volume didnt work!! When we went to the timeshare presentation and told the guy how unhappy we were with the room he said "well if you were owners you would get a nicer room!!" If you are going to try and sell something, don't put potential owners in crappy rooms!!! Of course we didn't buy anything and the guy was visibly upset that we didnt buy from him! Safe to say, we will not be returning!!

11  Thank mglover31
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We just left after a one week stay here and had a wonderful experience. I had read some not so great reviews- so we weren't sure what to expect-- but it was truly a great place to stay. We had a 2 bedroom A unit in the 1000 building. Checkin was very easy, with no hassles- we areRCI owners at another property - and we told them we weren't interested in a tour- and we were never bothered again. We did purchase a $20 activity card so we could get a noon check out. We were also able to rent free DVDs with the card- which we used. There were other features to the card that we didn't use. The pool next to our bldg was quiet and never very crowded. The unit itself had plenty of space for 2 adults and one teenager. I thought it was the nicest trade we had ever used in the Orlando area. The fitness center was adequate for our needs as well. We got a mid week tidy which was nice. I really can't think of any negatives. Location was great -- would stay here again for sure!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank swimomtoo
Reviewed 24 April 2014

This place was great. Better than i expected. The 2 bedroom unit i rented was had 2 large bedrooms, 2 large bathrooms, and an open kitchen, living dining area. This was everything my family of 4 needed and was quite new and in great shape. The resort has nice pools and a hot tub, some music and a bar/food area by the pool to keep you satisfied if you want to hang by the pool all day. There is an activities area for kids with a pool table, air hockey and video games. Only wish i could have spent more time there and less time running around at the parks.

Room Tip: Ask for a building close to the main pool.
2  Thank Mahesh M
Reviewed 17 April 2014

After reading some of the reviews, I was a little worried. Once I got to the resort, all my fear disappeared. The front desk check in went off without a hitch. She was EXTREMELY nice and very warm and welcoming. When we got to our room in the 900 bldg, it was beautiful. Clean, clean, clean! Need I say more? I can handle anything as long as it is clean, and I could not have been happier. The pools were great and everybody that worked at the resort was so friendly. I will go back without hesitation!!! The ONLY thing I would change is finding a parking spot during the day could be a little difficult. The staff rides around on golf carts and they seem to take up all of the parking spaces if they are working in your building. At any given time, they took up 5 spaces every day.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 900 bldg. It was very quiet and close to the back gate. Easy in and out!
7  Thank DBrossart
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My husband and I spent six (6) nights at Silver Lake Resort with our two sons. The resort is lovely, the staff was friendly and helpful.

Great amenities:
- large pool
- entertainment like karaoke in the pool area at night
- bar in the pool area
- large game room with pool tables, air hockey tables, table tennis, arcade games, etc.
- on-compound convenience store
- business center with access to internet and printers
- wifi access in the rooms

We had a two-bedroom, two bathroom unit that was clean, spacious and very comfortable. The unit also had a full kitchen with all stainless steel appliances. Each bedroom as well as the living room area was tastefully furnished and included a large flat-screen TV. Other conveniences that contributed to the "comfort of home" included a stackable washer and dryer, hairdryer, screened porch, in-wall safe, the list goes on.

My only complaint is that the wifi in the room was terribly unreliable and this affected my ability to stay in contact with my office while on vacation.

We stayed in the 200 building. There is construction going on behind the 100 and 200 buildings, but the noise was hardly audible from inside.

I would definitely recommend Silver Lake Resort to anyone visiting Orlando, especially families since I would describe it as one of the more family-friendly resorts we've been to.

4  Thank Camille B
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We booked this place six months ago to stay here with our daughter and granddaughters during they're spring break. I was very concerned that this place would not compare to our Orange Lake Resort timeshare, but my wife be the optimist, assured us that we'd make the best of it no matter what, and she was definitely right! The check-in was fairly fast, and we were assigned unit 423. The place was huge! This was a two bedroom unit, with one King bed in master bedroom, and two full size beds in guest bedroom. The unit backside overlooked a back road that leads to Disney...not a noisy amount of traffic, and didn't experience any noise during nighttime sleeping.
These units were supposedly renovated, but we found several receptacles that were slow sloppy that a plug in would not stay in. We also had a stacked washer/dryer that definitely was well used by us, and worked very well. The resort has three main pools. The main pool on the backside of the lobby was our favorite spot during our stay. Pool depth varies from 3'-6" to 5', and also has a volleyball net crossing an area. A children's pool as well as a spa is at this same pool, as well as another smaller pool which offers a bit more privacy from the poolside activities and bar/restaurant. The food was affordable and tasty. There were activities around the main pool each day ran by the activities employees of the resort. This resort offers all the amenities but without the enormous size of Orange Lake. Everything is within walking distance no matter which unit you stay in. There is construction going on bordering this resort but never once heard any noise that interfered with what we were doing. Our grand daughters want to come back next year and stay in the same unit! We definitely will come back and highly recommend this place to families and singles alike!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank johnsdi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Quality Inn & Suites By The Parks
#2 of 154 in Kissimmee
Star Island Resort and Club
Star Island Resort and Club
#22 of 154 in Kissimmee

Been to Silver Lake Resort? Share your experiences!