We just wrapped up a very hot week in the Orlando area. The pools were lovely and not very crowded as we were there during an off week. The grounds were very well kept and the housekeeping and maintenance staff very friendly. Overall it was a nice property and we would return without hesitation.
~The check in process was quick and easy, but once they directed you to Guest Services, you could feel the undertone of the timeshare sales effort. I had read about the pressure to attend a free (sales pitch) breakfast and opted to steer clear of it. We received one written note and two phone calls reminding us of the free breakfast. We were not interested in buying so no matter the discounts they were willing to offer at local theme parks, we did not attend.
~The housekeeping and maintenance staff get around the resort on golf carts. I had a problem with the fact that during the day they parked in all the prime parking spots near the front doors of the various buildings. That just didn't seem right as guests shouldn't be made to park in the next parking area over.
~Most parking spots around the reception area and the main pool were all reserved for the resort staff. This I found particularly offensive as they put their staff ahead of their guests. What happened to staff parking lots away from the main guest areas? Once again, they were making their guests walk.
~We were in the 800 building away from everything at the end of the hall. Our view was of the back gate, Sherberth Road and a big Disney parking lot. But it didn't matter as we were not there for the view from the condo. However we were placed next to a big family who then had more family across the hall. Since these suites share main doors and break off into A & B units inside...we heard them coming and going at all hours...loudly. Babies crying, kids screaming, doors banging, parents yelling. It would have been nice to not be sandwiched between these two families who were there together.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silver Lake Resort, Orlando's Best-Kept Secret. Our Luxurious Resort is located 2 miles from Walt Disney Animal Kingdom Theme Park; seven miles from Walt Disney World Resort and just minutes away from other Central Florida's premier attractions. Whether you love your easy access for travel to the local attractions or a nice quiet vacation stay, either way we can accommodate the vacation you desire. *Resort Amenities:23,000 sq. Ft. Clubhouse.9,000 Sq. Heated swimming pool. Zero entry pool between 1000 building and 900 building. Satellite pool adjacent to main pool. Newly renovated cabana serving food and drinks. Large outdoor whirlpool spa, children's pool, outdoor BBQ grills. Gift and convenience shop.Golf simulator, arcade room, enclosed children's play area.Movie theatre, video rentals.Fitness center with sauna, tennis court/basketball court.Business center .Shuffleboard court. *All Villas/Suites Feature:Air conditioning/heat.Television with cable hook-up including HBO.Ceiling fans.DVD players.Fully equipped kitchens.Washer/dryers.Screen patios.Jacuzzi and separate shower area.Built-in hair dryer.King, queen, full and/or sofa sleeper. *Now Completed:316 designer furnished villas now completed32 one bedroom villas84 two bedroom villas104 two bedrooms split villas 72 three bedroom villas Awards:RCI Gold Crown Resort since 1993.Charter member of RCI Points Resorts.Member of American Resort Development Association (ARDA).Member of the Kissimmee/Osceola Chamber of Commerce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Southall Travel, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Silver Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Lake Hotel Kissimmee
- Silver Lake Resort Florida
- Silver Lake Resort Orlando
- Silver Lake Kissimmee
- Silver Lake Resort Kissimmee, Florida