The Silver Lake Resort is a very nice place to stay in Kissimmee. Located just off Route 192, it is very close to Disney. In fact, if you leave through the back gate, you face the staff parking lot for Animal Kingdom. Approaching SLR from Rt. 192 can be somewhat disheartening but get through the gate and it is an oasis amidst a lot of junk.
The accommodations a very nice, spacious nice appointments. The one thing that disturbs me about all time-share properties is the minimal attention given to common areas, e.g., elevator lobbies; the elevator lobbies are kind of dumpy (painted concrete with open seams) with no decor. And, some of the open space is not too different maintenance-wise, especially as it comes to proximity to construction zones and the ever present golf carts. The pool areas are very nice...could use a few more plants to soften-up the hard scape around the pools but generally acceptable.
The staff are friendly and accommodating. The one demerit that I would award relates to the customer service staff: kind of pushy as it relates to "encouraging" guests to attend their VIP breakfasts ...read sales presentations. Three times to say "No" before the calls stopped.
In short, we'd stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silver Lake Resort, Orlando's Best-Kept Secret. Our Luxurious Resort is located 2 miles from Walt Disney Animal Kingdom Theme Park; seven miles from Walt Disney World Resort and just minutes away from other Central Florida's premier attractions. Whether you love your easy access for travel to the local attractions or a nice quiet vacation stay, either way we can accommodate the vacation you desire. *Resort Amenities:23,000 sq. Ft. Clubhouse.9,000 Sq. Heated swimming pool. Zero entry pool between 1000 building and 900 building. Satellite pool adjacent to main pool. Newly renovated cabana serving food and drinks. Large outdoor whirlpool spa, children's pool, outdoor BBQ grills. Gift and convenience shop.Golf simulator, arcade room, enclosed children's play area.Movie theatre, video rentals.Fitness center with sauna, tennis court/basketball court.Business center .Shuffleboard court. *All Villas/Suites Feature:Air conditioning/heat.Television with cable hook-up including HBO.Ceiling fans.DVD players.Fully equipped kitchens.Washer/dryers.Screen patios.Jacuzzi and separate shower area.Built-in hair dryer.King, queen, full and/or sofa sleeper. *Now Completed:316 designer furnished villas now completed32 one bedroom villas84 two bedroom villas104 two bedrooms split villas 72 three bedroom villas Awards:RCI Gold Crown Resort since 1993.Charter member of RCI Points Resorts.Member of American Resort Development Association (ARDA).Member of the Kissimmee/Osceola Chamber of Commerce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Southall Travel so you can book your Silver Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Lake Hotel Kissimmee
- Silver Lake Resort Florida
- Silver Lake Resort Orlando
- Silver Lake Kissimmee
- Silver Lake Resort Kissimmee, Florida