“(Stayed March 10 - 14th) People, Why So Negative??”

Maingate Lakeside Resort
Ranked #100 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

My family and I have been coming to the Kissimmee area for vacation or work for almost 20 years now.

I have to say that I will never understand how people will trash a place that provides real value, is kept clean, has friendly, hard working, and professional staff, and trys to offer ammenities comparable to the newer hotels because they can't get a two bedroom suite with all the bells and whistles for 11 bucks!! people stop expecting it if your not willing to pay for it!

My room (172 Building 3) was just fine. A/C worked, no bugs, no leaks, it had a clean bed, clean sheets, fridge that worked, and standard hotel furniture, ( I just rented a room for a few nights, so excuse me for not acting like I just bought the place.)

This property was clean. Yes, it rained for a small period during my stay. Yes, it was cold a few days but, nobody was robbed, shot, raped, or killed during my stay so can't blame the hotel for any of that.

The game room was nice, I did not get a chance to visit the restaurant, mini golf course, pools, or bars but, was nice to have the option.

So bottom line, if you need a nice clean, place to stay while in town visiting the theme parks, and you don't feel that someone should be waiting on you because you think your a princess or you wish to pass your duty of watching your kids on to others while you hang out and get drunk, you have come to the right place and you won't be sorry you stayed.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Scott M
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Scott M: Thank you for being our guest Scott; it was our pleasure! We are happy you enjoyed your stay and we certainly hope to see you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,593)

Reviewed 16 March 2014

The location is great. The door didn't look safe. The space was excelent and clean. It was quiet and good to sleep. It is a reasonable hotel if your plans are stay most part of the day in the parks or buying.

A localizacao é muito boa. A porta nao parecia muito segura. O espaco era excelente a limpo. Era silencioso e bom para dormir. É um hotel razoável se seus planos são de ficar a maior parte do dia nos parques ou fazendo compras.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank javendo

Dear Alessandro B: Thank you for staying with us and for being our guest! We thank you for your feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

We are currently staying at this hotel and were originally apprehensive after reading some bad reviews. However, we needn't have worried. Our rooms were clean & tidy, the staff all very friendly and helpful and not a cockroach in sight! We've swum in the pool everyday and it's always clean and warm - It's not 5 star, but we didn't pay for 5 star - it's a basic hotel in a very convenient location - I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel and would happily come back again.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Mandy P

Dear Mandy P: Thank you for your review and for being our guest! We are happy you are having a nice time with us!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

It is currently March 14th 2:00am, and I am sitting in my hotel room afraid to sleep. Around 10:00pm I decided to go for a jog outside. After returning to my hotel room (11pm), I turned on the light and found a bedbug running on a table. I managed to capture it and take a picture. I then ran to the lobby and showed the person on duty. He looked at the picture, mumbled something under his breath and went to his computer and started typing. About 5 minutes later he gave me new room keys showed me where the new room was on a map.

I was at a loss for words, I expected at least an apology, but got nothing. Our original room was poolside (the heated pool), and our new room was poolside to one of the non-heated pools. I asked if we could be placed near the heated pool and he said "no, there is nothing available".

I then asked to speak with a manager and was told "Check back in the morning".

So after packing all my stuff up and moving it to the new room (with no help from the hotel) I am wondering what to do. Do I find a new hotel (This hotel is prepaid as part of a package) or stay here for another 6 days.

I am also afraid I will bring the bugs back home with me. Shouldn't the hotel at least offer to help sanitize my belongings?????

The room in question was 179, so stay away from that room.

FYI, everything was great until this happened, and I understand that any hotel, cheap or expensive can have bed bugs, but how the hotel handles the situation is what separates the cheap from the expensive.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jason W
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Dear Jason W: We certainly apologize for any troubles with our desk staff and this matter you mention in your review is something that is taken very seriously. Please contact myself, the hotel's Director of Operations, so I may personally assist and investigate this matter. Thank you.

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

I wish there were an option for negative stars. I received an awesome rate for a "hotel" that was advertised as three stars and regularly "$132.00/night." Upon opening the door to my room, I was greeted by an unpleasant odor and dirty carpet. The bathroom was deplorable, with a dark ring around the bathtub almost guaranteed to give you some incurable fungus. The sheets were stained and had dark hair (I'm blonde) upon them. The comforters had white spots that were a sure tell sign they had not seen water, let alone detergent.. When returning to the lobby only 15 minutes after checking in and declaring we'd like to checkout, we were not met with customer service, but rather a nonchalant and uncaring personnel. The steward simply said, "You know you don't get a refund, right?" She posed NO inquiries into why we were dissatisfied, she expressed NO desire to have us remain as the prepaid and presumed "stuck" customers that we were.. Obviously because they got their money and their ridiculous "resort fee." I chalked it up as money lost and we left dissatisfied and unhappy. I implore you all to heed the reviews prior to purchase..

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Else-Marie R
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Else-Marie R: We would like to extend our sincere apologies for any troubles you may have encountered. We would like a chance to speak with you regarding your stay. Please call the hotel and ask for the Director of Operations so I may have a chance to make this right. Thank you.

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Driving through Orlando and wanted to sleep for a few hours. Checked in at 10:30pm to find the air conditioner running but not blowing any cold air into the room. I called the from desk at 11:00pm to tell them about the issue and they said they would send an engineer right up. After waiting 2 hours, I called back and was told all the engineers went home for the night, but they would send someone. 10 minutes later, a man arrived, looked at the air conditioner, and said "hmm, it's running, but it's really hot in here. Must not be working." So we asked this man for a new room and he complied. So at 2:15am we were finally given a new room. After 3 hours of sleep, we had to get back on the road. I went to check out and asked for a manager. I was told there were no managers but I could write down my complaint. He charged me $5 for the resort fee and I handed my key and went on my way.
The room had a broken cabinet door that held the refrigerator.
The bathroom has no fan, so you get to enjoy all the creations that were made by those before you.
Several outlets were unable to support a phone charger.
The TV looks like it was bought in 1995, so don't think about using any technology with it (Apple TV, DVD player, etc..).

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Mike L

Dear Mike L: We would like to express our sincere apologies for any troubles encountered. We would also like to have a chance to discuss your stay with you. Please contact the hotel and ask for the Director of Operations, so I may have a chance to speak with you and make this right.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

What a dump. Let's start we booked on Hotwire.com. We booked for 6 nights looked at the hotels website we were like oh lets book for another 8. Hotwire said it was a secret hotel. Well they should keep it a secret hotel. They had it as a three star hotel.

We checked in the front desk said she was charging me for the entire resort fee I was like great there would be nothing to worry about. We just had to come down for the 6th night and just reactivate or keys (no biggie). Well we got to the room.

1. Stained carpets
2. Dirty vent in bathroom
3. Broken AC (fixed a few hours later)
4. Only open seasonally
5. Tv remote didn't work
6. Says they have pay per view not working .
7. Ice machine didn't work (called everyday for 14 days still wasn't working when we left.

WOW that was the first 20 minutes

So after our 7th night. We got back from the park and our cards didn't work to get back into the room. Went down got that fixed and two hours later maintence came up and said you need to go to the front desk immediately. We walked down and they said they tried to run our credit card for the additional 8 nights of resort fees and it didn't work. ( we had just pulled our last $200 out of our account that day and was getting paid in two days wasn't thinking ). Well the manager ( fat slob) told me to walk to Walmart and have someone wire money into my account or I wasn't allowed to go back into the room or get my stuff. After I begged for 20 minutes he made me give him a $200 cash deposit for my final 7 days. So I did that and he let me back into our room. The next day (Sunday) my checking account was over drawn for $90.03. They had kept on swiping the card and it went through. We went down he said he has no record of the transaction. So now we are fighting with the bank. We are sending pics also to prove the filth.

Additional problems

Shower goes from burning hot to ice cold
2 days my room was never serviced
Cigarette buts in all corridors
The building is so dirty and concrete totally dirty
Shuttle service a joke $10 resort fee for a shuttle that rubs twice a day)
Chipped toilet and shower
Wallpaper border peeling
Bathroom faucet corroded
Corridor lights flicker at night
Video games steel money
White stains on spreads
Pillows cheap
Door doesn't close
All fire extinguishers are out of date

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Maingate L, Director of Operations at Maingate Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Joe I: We would like to express our sincere apologies for any troubles you may have encountered. I assure you our staff does their hardest to ensure a wonderful guest experience for our guests. We would like the chance to speak with you regarding your review. Please contract the hotel and ask for the Director of Operations so I may assist in making this right. Thank you.